Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Hypothetical situation #4568

Big Sam  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take Big Sam as our manager if it guaranteed survival next season

Big Sam! Like a shot. He has the where with all to improve our status.

To those who wouldn't take him, if guaranteed survival, you are only a bunch of cretinous dick heads.-- Bloody pathetic, and not true fans of the club.

Get used to it, Pearson has gone, and is nothing to do with our club any more.

Onwards and upwards.

lol You can fvck right off. Prat.

Steady on mate.

I don't think I'm exaggerating. Some of the games we have been involved in that have been particularly enthralling. 

2012/13

Ipswich - 6-0 

Derby - 4-1

Huddersfield - 6-1

Bristol City - 4-0

Bolton - 3-2

Forest - 3-2

Watford - 2-3(play off game)

2013/14

Birmingham - 3-2

Watford - 3-0

Bolton - 5-3

Derby - 4-1

Watford -2-2

2014/15

Everton - 2-2

United - 5-3

QPR - 2-3

Liverpool - 2-2

Everton - 2-2

Spurs - 3-4

West Ham - 2-1

WBA - 3-2

Newcastle - 3-0

QPR - 5-1

We have had more than our fair share of top quality games. A lot of neutral fans have praised some of our football and that we are one of the best teams to have played at their grounds.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Big Sam might just be the best realistic candidate for the job.

The thought of messing up all our progress by bringing in a Sven like replacement makes me shudder.

If Pearson really wasn't sacked for football reasons, then I think we should try and make sure his replacement is as close as possible to help us continue where he left off.

Pearson worked under Sam and has high praise for him.  They also have many of the same philosophies such as sports science etc.

I just read this for example: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/9667903/West-Ham-United-manager-Sam-Allardyce-I-have-improved-every-club-I-have-worked-for.html

Some quotes from it:

“Ask the people who worked with me,” he says. “I evolved the type of football that they liked. The players who worked with me enjoyed the journey that we took."

"Every club of mine finished in a better position when I left than when I took over. The yardstick of a manager’s success tends to be, ‘What have you won?’ You can’t measure mine like that."

“Each club, whether it was Limerick, Blackpool, Notts County, Bolton, Newcastle, Blackburn or West Ham, I improved. It’s not me blowing my trumpet, it’s a fact. Look at it another way. Every one of my former clubs has been relegated since. Is that a better measurement?”

"I said, ‘Am I what? I’m one of the longest-serving Premier League managers around and you’re saying I should drop down to the Championship? Have you seen my CV?’ It shows you how people forget in this game and how, over time, they can lose the reality of what you have done.”

Most of all, though, he laments football’s short-sightedness. As a long-time connoisseur of sports science, Allardyce makes an impassioned case for his sport to be treated more cerebrally and for there to be an American-style college system of identifying the finest young talent.

“Football is a far too short-term business,” he claims. “Everything’s about today, tomorrow and the next game. There’s nothing about two, three, five years’ time, and it’s harmful."

“We are losing our identity as a football nation that develops its own players. We are just turning into an attraction for those developed everywhere else to come and play in the best league in the world."

I must also say that the wording of the poll question is a bit disrespectful to what Big Sam has actually achieved.

It infers that we would be putting up with Sam only because he would keep us up.

I think he would not only keep us up but also continue to progress us, at the same time as keeping the club stable.

I also think the football that we play under him would continue where we left off as well.

All in all I can't think of a better appointment at this moment in time (other than not sacking Pearson in the first place).

I don't think I'm exaggerating. Some of the games we have been involved in that have been particularly enthralling. 

2012/13

Ipswich - 6-0 

Derby - 4-1

Huddersfield - 6-1

Bristol City - 4-0

Bolton - 3-2

Forest - 3-2

Watford - 2-3(play off game)

2013/14

Birmingham - 3-2

Watford - 3-0

Bolton - 5-3

Derby - 4-1

Watford -2-2

2014/15

Everton - 2-2

United - 5-3

QPR - 2-3

Liverpool - 2-2

Everton - 2-2

Spurs - 3-4

West Ham - 2-1

WBA - 3-2

Newcastle - 3-0

QPR - 5-1

We have had more than our fair share of top quality games. A lot of neutral fans have praised some of our football and that we are one of the best teams to have played at their grounds.

With you on this. There were some shockers but they were rare. Majority of our games were at least intriguing, if not frustrating.

Big Sam! Like a shot. He has the where with all to improve our status.

To those who wouldn't take him, if guaranteed survival, you are only a bunch of cretinous dick heads.-- Bloody pathetic, and not true fans of the club.

Get used to it, Pearson has gone, and is nothing to do with our club any more.

Onwards and upwards.

It amuses me to see you throw around that kind of language at people who disagree with you. After all, you weren't entirely unhappy to see a manager who would likely have kept us up again this season go. Does that mean that some of your unconsidered abuse applies to you also?

• 2 weeks later...

When Pearson was first sacked i thought ughhh Big Sam how uninspiring.

Now after ive seen the likes of Cotterill, Dyche, Preki, Schmeichel, Lennon and others linked with the job i would be more than happy with Big Sam.

This is just a farce now. To the point where im getting p***** off with it all. They need to hurry up and get someone in now so we can get back to business.

Do we have to have a new thread every time the odds change for somebody? And surely there's a thread for Allardyce anyway?

if there is the admins will merge it and bump it back up. i only do it when they odds bring them in to the favoritism. 

Big money came in for Randy Hairy this morning at short odds on prices. So I think this is nothing more than a smokescreen by the bookies to get so last min silly money in on someone else to cover any losses on Randy Hairy. I think this saga is almost over with Randy Hairy our man.

Big money xae in for Randy Hairy this morning at short odds on prices. So I think this is nothing more than a smokescreen by the bookies to get so last min silly money in on someone else to cover any losses on Randy Hairy. I think this saga is almost over with Ranieri our man.

Randy Hairy lol

Big money came in for Randy Hairy this morning at short odds on prices. So I think this is nothing more than a smokescreen by the bookies to get so last min silly money in on someone else to cover any losses on Randy Hairy. I think this saga is almost over with Randy Hairy our man.

If the bookies knew it was gonna be Ranieri they'd have stopped taking bets.  Leaving the betting open on a known result is basically giving money away.

im embarrassed it took me nearly 5 minutes to twig what you meant there. 

Archived