Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

What was the situation for Carlos Tevez with Man city, wasn't he parted owned?

Nope he was third party owned at West Ham as was Mascherano. That was the year they blatantly broke the third party rules and should have been deducted points and therefore relegated but stayed up with Tevez and Mascherano making all the difference.

He went to Man U after that and they bought out the third party so they owned him legitimately.

i think that was the issue when he went West Ham tbh

I may be wrong but he was still part owned while playing for Man Utd. I think West Ham were fined for not disclosing all of the paper work on the deal. Man utd couldn't agree a deal with who ever it was that owned Tevez and so he left for Man City, who bought him from said third party owner. The widespread ban on third party ownership in England came about while this was all going on or just after.

Either way, my understanding of it would be that whoever owns Aranguiz would have to sell him to us, there would be no share in the player. However, I don't know if there would be a "normal" future percentage of any sale after us allowed to be put in place. I can't see why not, if clubs can do it why not agents/third party owners?

I may be wrong but he was still part owned while playing for Man Utd. I think West Ham were fined for not disclosing all of the paper work on the deal. Man utd couldn't agree a deal with who ever it was that owned Tevez and so he left for Man City, who bought him from said third party owner. The widespread ban on third party ownership in England came about while this was all going on or just after.

Either way, my understanding of it would be that whoever owns Aranguiz would have to sell him to us, there would be no share in the player. However, I don't know if there would be a "normal" future percentage of any sale after us allowed to be put in place. I can't see why not, if clubs can do it why not agents/third party owners?

think you could be right, i think he still is now tbh.

but that 3rd party sort of thing seems like common thing with the talented players coming out of south america 

I didn't realise so many people in the Leicester area followed the Brazilian league so closely

I'd be surprised though if many weren't familiar with him because of the 2014 World Cup and the Copa America this year. Scored in the game that eliminated Spain from the WC didn't he?

Not everyone watches Brazilian football, but not everyone just watches Leicester either. 

Is he more of a CM then rather than CAM? I don't know much about him, but his YouTube video makes him look rather attacking..

If it goes through it seems an exciting signing going by others reactions

He can play as a defensive, centre or even as a right wing midfielder

SSN

FOXES EYE CAMBIASSO REPLACEMENT

Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri says he is close to signing areplacement for Esteban Cambiasso.

The midfielder played a crucial role in the Foxes’ survival last season but is now moving on, while Ranieri told Sky Sports News HQ he has identified an unnamed target who he hopes will join this summer.

“We are very close (with a replacement). But I wait until the end of the window.”

SSN

FOXES EYE CAMBIASSO REPLACEMENT

Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri says he is close to signing areplacement for Esteban Cambiasso.

The midfielder played a crucial role in the Foxes’ survival last season but is now moving on, while Ranieri told Sky Sports News HQ he has identified an unnamed target who he hopes will join this summer.

“We are very close (with a replacement). But I wait until the end of the window.”

He said week not window.

We have seen Kante, Sako, Mendy and now Aranguiz all seemingly 'reject' us in favour of staying where they are or move to other clubs, which is slightly concerning. Obviously compared to a Marseille or a Bayer Leverkusen we will never match them in an 'attraction' sense but surely we have the blueprint in place, the fans, the stadium and the league to offer anyone a good season or two.

Let's face it, we want to consolidate our position for another year and sure, we need to bring in another Cambiasso in order to have that pedigree again for the season. But, why are we not trying for ANOTHER Cambiasso type? A player who is into his 30's with European experience and still with 2 years at the highest level to give? These players who we are trying to bring in are at their peak, on a significant wage and have no desire to (in their eyes probably) drop a level in club and come over here?

A good shout would maybe Tom Huddlestone from Hull. Clearly would enjoy playing in the Premier League again. Question marks about his positional sense and would be a downgraded version of a pass master but maybe worth a cheeky £6m offer. What about Emre? Remember him? The former Newcastle midfielder has become a holding player with the ability to spray a ball. Yes he is 34 but another year in the top league in the world would maybe attract him?

Anyhow, Ranieri will probably introduce his new signing on Friday and we will all be singing Nigel De Jong's name come the Sunderland game! :)

Archived