Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Spurs.. Pre match thread...

Will possibily be the toughest game yet, we need to come out all guns blazing and hopefully we get an early goal or two with the quality we have especially at home, Atmosphere should be ramped up.

Don't know if he will change anything at the back but everyone else will remain the same I think.

Win this and we will be in dreamland.

Guest CityFan 06

Like any Premier League team, we cannot underestimate them. Looking forward to it though and hoping for another win or decent result to keep the confidence going. Today's win against West Ham was a great boost for us heading into this match.

Hardest test so far, regardless of opening form / home and away - Tottenham have some real class players and are a top 5 team, taking any points from Tottenham is a gain considering Liverpool consistently and will finish below them in the long run.

Same team, same formation, same style of play - perhaps tweak it to 3 at the back and bump up the midfield as we'll have a dominant midfield over Spurs' makeshift team.

They played Eric Dier at CM, with Dembele (an actual CM) on the wing vs Stoke - which is encouraging from our perspective as it begs the question, what the **** is Pochettino doing? 

If our defence can stay solid, and the midfield comfortable, I think we could quite easily break down their 4-2-3-1; I would stick Kante in the starting 11 (for King, sorry King) and have him man mark Erikson, and double up Kane when he's on the ball, throw Mahrez and Albrighton down them wings with Schlupp in support, their defence isn't the best, and at the minute there attack / midfield isn't very secure - they can't keep hold of position and they're not dominating in the middle of the park - we can really stuff them if we play it right.

I have a feeling Poch will change things and go with a more solid midfield, but Tottenham can create chances and they will definitely create plenty against us, depends if they take it.

3-2 Leicester.

Nice sitting back, enjoying the ride.

I wont suggest anything, lets just see what Claudio can conjure up in the next 3 games, which players are available, who takes

knocks.

Confusing from the mix of posters comments on RDL, some saying how good he played, others posting he isnt upto

the task..too much chalk and cheese of opinions.I saw it only on breaking streaming, will be interesting on

SNF match choice.

Furthermore.. we have got to attack them from the get-go, they're expecting a barrage of Leicester attacks and lets hope we deliver some deadly blows early on once more. Many of the Spurs players didn't have adequate rest / pre-season, while we were pissing about after Birmingham waiting for Sunderland, the Tottenham team played on the Tuesday and Wednesday in Germany. Reports of Kane being tired are accurate, he was played out of his skin last season without support, and played with the U21s for England, and there's no proper backup to him at Spurs.

Some of the Spurs fans are expecting a bit of a battering because of their poor midfield atm. We can batter them due to their fitness.

Hardest test so far, regardless of opening form / home and away - Tottenham have some real class players and are a top 5 team, taking any points from Tottenham is a gain considering Liverpool consistently and will finish below them in the long run.

Same team, same formation, same style of play - perhaps tweak it to 3 at the back and bump up the midfield as we'll have a dominant midfield over Spurs' makeshift team.

They played Eric Dier at CM, with Dembele (an actual CM) on the wing vs Stoke - which is encouraging from our perspective as it begs the question, what the **** is Pochettino doing?

If our defence can stay solid, and the midfield comfortable, I think we could quite easily break down their 4-2-3-1; I would stick Kante in the starting 11 (for King, sorry King) and have him man mark Erikson, and double up Kane when he's on the ball, throw Mahrez and Albrighton down them wings with Schlupp in support, their defence isn't the best, and at the minute there attack / midfield isn't very secure - they can't keep hold of position and they're not dominating in the middle of the park - we can really stuff them if we play it right.

I have a feeling Poch will change things and go with a more solid midfield, but Tottenham can create chances and they will definitely create plenty against us, depends if they take it.

3-2 Leicester.

I agree apart from Mahrez on the wing. Have him behind the strikers in a free role, Schlupp and Albrighton on the wings.

Go back to Was - Wes - Huth

Archived