Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Spurs.. Pre match thread...

Work moved their training day resulting in me having to rebook my hotel for this weekend... Only now I have remembered were playing spurs at home....whyyyyyyy!!

I'll accept a win if it means I'm not allowed to watch it lol

If you look at Kane - his face suggests he doesnt understand what is going on around him. Fair play to the lad though, absolute beast for them last season chipping in with 20+ goals. I still cant bring myself to rate him though, he was just awful when he came here.

Be interesting to see if he can maintain his form, I felt like he had a lot of luck last term.

Make the King Power a fortress, other than last year's Champions no team has been able to deal with the atmosphere combined with constant pressing. A draw would be decent but another 3 points would be amazing, that would be just under a quarter of our target within the first three games. Mad.

This is the first chance we have this season to silence the sceptics - the people who think we're only flattered by our wins because the opposition is so shit.

Well, I don't know about the opposition but I do know the only tam you can play against is the one that's scheduled on the fixture list and so far we've won two out of two.

According to the impression given by some, Spurs will come here, show their class and hammer us by four or five. Well I remember much the same sentiments being expressed before an FA Cup match in DeVries days but it didn't quite work out according to the pre-match script, did it?

I don't know how the Spurs game will pan out but I've got my tickets and I've complete belief in our team's ability to make life as uncomfortable for Spurs as for so many other sides in recent history.

Doubtless the sceptics will remain sceptical whatever happens. Me I think Spurs are just another 11 men who will have to work like trojans - and then some more - to best the spirit of Leicester City.

I think one of the things id least attribute to Spurs is "grinding out results".

Flat track bullies is what id call them. Get a goal up and their tails wag, their tidy players like Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela can look good.

When their backs are against the wall, their heads go down and they just cannot respond.

Disagree. Against us last season, we destroyed them yet they won both times. The number of 2-1 away wins where they were poor but relied on late goals from Kane or Eriksen was crazy. Must have happened 4/5 times at least. 

Apart from that 5-3 against Chelsea, I have not seen anything from them to worry me. Yet they manage to get results when it seems unlikely. 

Archived