Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Spurs.. Pre match thread...

I'm surprised to hear some on here saying they'll be happy with a draw - I wouldn't be. We're at home, we're on a roll, we're in great form, confidence is high, we fear no one and we owe them big time. They'll be happy with a draw I'm sure, but there's no reason we shouldn't expect to win this.

No me preocupa por el equipo, tendremos que perder un partido a veces, ellos saben este.    Me preocupa mas de sindrome  Nacional/Man U/Barcelona   ,  los hinchas no saben como a perder.   Hay que cantar y gritar y disfruta, gana o no.   No haga precion al equipo, tiene que jugar relajado y sin miedo,    (he escuchado el phrase "win or loose, have boos" y no estoy en acuerdo)

No me preocupa por el equipo, tendremos que perder un partido a veces, ellos saben este. Me preocupa mas de sindrome Nacional/Man U/Barcelona , los hinchas no saben como a perder. Hay que cantar y gritar y disfruta, gana o no. No haga precion al equipo, tiene que jugar relajado y sin miedo, (he escuchado el phrase "win or loose, have boos" y no estoy en acuerdo)

Couldn't have put it better myself

I'm surprised to hear some on here saying they'll be happy with a draw - I wouldn't be. We're at home, we're on a roll, we're in great form, confidence is high, we fear no one and we owe them big time. They'll be happy with a draw I'm sure, but there's no reason we shouldn't expect to win this.

A draw would be decent but only if we're trying to win in the process. Playing for a draw would disappoint me

Tottenham have some good players but as a team they are fragile.

Play with the verve and energy we have seen this season, attack with pace and we will score.

Keeping them out at the other end will be the trick. I am still unconvinced by our switch to a back 4, 3 goals in two games would have lost us points most of last season.

CR seems to like a back 4 though, and the results are there to speak for themselves... :dunno:

Need to keep tabs on Chadli and Rose.

Didn't know Trippier plays for them.

Yeah I reckon they target De Laet and stick Chadli and Rose on him.

Hope Trippier doesn't play, his delivery is ace and he has a brain. Kyle Walker, as well as being average, comes across as being the biggest fvcking idiot on the planet. He probably gets confused tying his laces.

After somehow - like seriously how was it even possible with those performances - not picking up any points against Spurs last season, a win on Saturday would be very satisfying indeed.

More of the same in a pacey, energetic and direct performance, ala vs Sunderland and West Ham, then we will have enough to match them.

Confidence is high, however let's not get ahead of ourselves. Spurs are a top 6 team, yes they've not had the greatest start, but you only have to look at their squad to see the quality they have.

I expect us to fall short in this as Spurs have got to come good sooner or later, I'd be delighted with a draw.

No me preocupa por el equipo, tendremos que perder un partido a veces, ellos saben este.    Me preocupa mas de sindrome  Nacional/Man U/Barcelona   ,  los hinchas no saben como a perder.   Hay que cantar y gritar y disfruta, gana o no.   No haga precion al equipo, tiene que jugar relajado y sin miedo,    (he escuchado el phrase "win or loose, have boos" y no estoy en acuerdo)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSXzRWlL7Z0

Julio Geordio????

No me preocupa por el equipo, tendremos que perder un partido a veces, ellos saben este. Me preocupa mas de sindrome Nacional/Man U/Barcelona , los hinchas no saben como a perder. Hay que cantar y gritar y disfruta, gana o no. No haga precion al equipo, tiene que jugar relajado y sin miedo, (he escuchado el phrase "win or loose, have boos" y no estoy en acuerdo)

That's easy for you to say.

This is the first chance we have this season to silence the sceptics - the people who think we're only flattered by our wins because the opposition is so shit.

Well, I don't know about the opposition but I do know the only tam you can play against is the one that's scheduled on the fixture list and so far we've won two out of two.

According to the impression given by some, Spurs will come here, show their class and hammer us by four or five. Well I remember much the same sentiments being expressed before an FA Cup match in DeVries days but it didn't quite work out according to the pre-match script, did it?

I don't know how the Spurs game will pan out but I've got my tickets and I've complete belief in our team's ability to make life as uncomfortable for Spurs as for so many other sides in recent history.

Doubtless the sceptics will remain sceptical whatever happens. Me I think Spurs are just another 11 men who will have to work like trojans - and then some more - to best the spirit of Leicester City.

Spot on !!

Archived