Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Yohan Benalouane

We've not really seen that much of him yet but so far he looks very poor and I can't see why we spent so much money on him. I'd loan him out straight away to get some experience of playing in England.He doesn't look ready to play in the Premier League.

I used to sweat so much when we bought players for silly money (Sven era) hoping they would shine. Now we're in the Prem spending the bucks, I am slightly more relaxed about these unknown profile signings when I really shouldn't be. Probably got money to burn by the looks of it..

Wanted - Scapegoat for Foxestalk, must cost a few quid and take more than three games as sub to adapt to the 'best league in the world'

Ideally foreign you will have an unpronounceable name, make a few rash challenges and not be signed by Nigel Pearson (who never signed any bad players ever).

Expect to be hounded from the forum initially with full club  rejection coming shortly before Xmas when from then on you will be roundly mocked for your name, dress sense and the  money we 'spunked' on you - expect a transfer/loan to someone really shit in Jan window.

Exactly, it's not as though De Laet (foreigner, signed by Pearson) is receiving a lot of stick too, is it? Or that Drinkwater (Englishman, signed by Pearson) is being criticised for today's (and last season's) performances either? Or that Kante (foreigner, signed by Ranieri) is taking plenty of praise for his last two displays? Or that Konchesky (Englishman, signed by Eriksson) was labelled a liability for much of last season? Or that Morgan (English-born Jamaican International, signed by Pearson) was given loads of grief for his performances last season?

It's almost as though nationality and manager that signed said player doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

He was poor from the off. Everyone was saying he was out of his depth.

Slightly unfair to compare Vardy's rise through the leagues all the way from non-league and his initial period at the club to Benalouane, who's playing professional football for the best part of eight years now and who's been known as a guy with a knack for rash challenges.

Still makes me wonder why we signed him in the first place - are we going for tough and gritty central defenders that you simply have to love to hate?

He was poor from the off. Everyone was saying he was out of his depth.

Well they were wrong, he scored three in his first 8 games and was heavily responsible, along with Knockaert, for the change in approach which saw us pressing from the front and playing fast football.

• Like 2

Wow. The guys been here 5 minutes and already people are writing him off. Typical knee jerk reactions. Calm the fvck down and judge him in a few months time.

We can only judge him on what we see from him and so far it hasn't been good. He's more interested in fouling than playing the ball. Although it was never a penalty today. He needs to up his game. 

I can't believe he a Walsh recruit.