Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
promised land

Vardy & LCFC Charged by the FA - Charges Accepted & Personal Hearing Requested

Apparently Vardy wants to express reasons behind his actions to the FA in the personal hearing.

I really think that could work because he can point out that the game was high stakes, and his first yellow was so soft that he lost his cool. He may even convince them that he didn't dive. I really think they might decide that as he is already banned for one game unfairly, the fair thing to do is not to extend it. It's the fair outcome. Previous incidents like with Costa there was no doubt that he should hvae been sent off in the first place, and then there was the second offence. Here we have an unfair sending off and then a first offence, really. Just trying to be optimistic as we need him for Utd.

quite a few things gone in his favour i'd guess but he'll still get the same ban as we've previously seen. 

england manager saying he's not done much wrong, club accepting any charge, vardy wanting a personal hearing instead of just releasing some statement and hoping for the best etc etc. all things that make him look better than the actual incident was. 

but end of the day he is on actual sky clearly pointing "aggressively" to the ref calling him a fu cking c unt. so it is what it is. 

Can we await the verdict after the hearing first before jumping to conclusions?

The focus should be on the Swansea game and how we perform without Vardy, or rather THAT we perform without him.

The previous punishments to others is quite conclusive

Genuine question , Has anyone ever pleaded guilty and been given no ban ???

A personal hearing probably won't make any difference, nor will Roy Hodgson's opinion.

The FA can't not back the referee, it opens up a can of worms for the future.

An automatic one game ban for the red card, plus a minimum of one extra game plus a heavy fine for his misconduct, possibly 2 extra games to set an example.

I have a feeling they'll set an example, Vardy only available for the Chelsea game, hope I'm wrong.

A personal hearing probably won't make any difference, nor will Roy Hodgson's opinion.

The FA can't not back the referee, it opens up a can of worms for the future.

An automatic one game ban for the red card, plus a minimum of one extra game plus a heavy fine for his misconduct, possibly 2 extra games to set an example.

I have a feeling they'll set an example, Vardy only available for the Chelsea game, hope I'm wrong.

you're wrong.

The opposite. The club doesn't have grounds to appeal. Vardy called the ref a "****ing ****". As clear as day. What exactly would we be appealing against? This is the right choice. Hope for leniency and a fine rather than a ban. Or if they do ban him, as seems likely, settle for one game rather than risking an extension to the ban.

I'm not sure I agree. Clearly there were mitigating circumstances and consequently cannot surely be labelled as "no grounds". Even withstanding the multifarious examples of similar language going unpunished in the recent past.

I'm not denying that Vardy was naive in his behaviour, particularly given the referee's form throughout the game and Costa's recent punishment for dissent; I still can't agree however, that there are no grounds at all for appeal.

Either way, the decision is made. I'm sure the club have followed whichever course of action they believe best to minimise his punishment.

Archived