Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
promised land

Vardy & LCFC Charged by the FA - Charges Accepted & Personal Hearing Requested

Not sure what campaign you are on about there chief.

The issue with Hazard and Fabregas is that they have to play both of us and are basically saying they will only turn up v us.

Christ some of you have got stick up your hole if people have an opinion

You're reading way too much from their actual comments.

Even if Vardy is not playing against Utd he is still part of the squad and I am sure will be included in any celebration should they confirm the title at the game. He'll book a seat  near the dugout so  he can run on the pitch after the win.

I think it really is pathetic how long they have dragged this out. Should have been sorted within a few days.

There was no hurry, given Vardy was due to serve a ban this weekend anyway. Besides, what's wrong with giving someone adequate time to prepare an appeal?

Not sure what campaign you are on about there chief.

The issue with Hazard and Fabregas is that they have to play both of us and are basically saying they will only turn up v us.

Christ some of you have got stick up your hole if people have an opinion

mate, that wasn't what was said - they said they really want to beat you as they were being asked about their next match. These are professional players, when the time comes they will really want to beat us too. Now, if you just concentrate on your matches instead of getting refs (that don't even support Leicester - just happen to live in the county) taken on the rosta you'll save yourself a lot of heartache. 

You can't blame me for wanting the title win at home lol As long as we beat United and Everton, Spurs can win 15-0 tonight.

I felt like that a few weeks ago but since Spurs started destroying every team they come across I'd take any title win now

It's been a very strange season anything could happen. Be funny if he doesn't get banned and just fined 20k the FA will not want to get some of the blame if it costs us the league.

Don't take your expectations to such height. I can't shake my head but think that Jamie won't be allowed to play till the game against Chelsea. A two-game ban it is.

Will be the exact same as Costa I'm afraid. 20k plus +1 ban.

It's an easy decision for the FA and just can't see them giving themselves a headache by not repeating what they did for Costa.

Every player who ever gets charged for dissent would use Vardy's case if they don't follow through with the +1 ban.

BUT... just imagine the buzz IF it was just a fine and he was available for Man U...  :ph34r:

Will be the exact same as Costa I'm afraid. 20k plus +1 ban.

It's an easy decision for the FA and just can't see them giving themselves a headache by not repeating what they did for Costa.

Every player who ever gets charged for dissent would use Vardy's case if they don't follow through with the +1 ban.

BUT... just imagine the buzz IF it was just a fine and he was available for Man U...  :ph34r:

Suspended sentences have been used before.

It is a different scenario to Costa, who confronted the ref and appeared to spit at  his feet, he refused to leave the field.

Vardy called him a fvcking cvnt, allegedly, but did leave the field and didn't cause any hold up in play, whether the FA will see them as different, one more serious than the other I have no idea, but Costa shouldn't be used as precedent as it was a different case.

It is a different scenario to Costa, who confronted the ref and appeared to spit at  his feet, he refused to leave the field.

Vardy called him a fvcking cvnt, allegedly, but did leave the field and didn't cause any hold up in play, whether the FA will see them as different, one more serious than the other I have no idea, but Costa shouldn't be used as precedent as it was a different case.

And Costa wasn't in a position to win the league either. Not that that in itself should override punishment for bad behaviour. But you'd hope they would take this consideration into account along with the equal pressure Vardy's had juggling his role in the England squad, also the stuff he and his partner have endured with the disgusting threats made towards his one year old daughter on social media. Hopefully a case could be made that it is an extraordinary set of circumstances and that he is only human after all... Not holding my breath though....

And Costa wasn't in a position to win the league either. Not that that in itself should override punishment for bad behaviour. But you'd hope they would take this consideration into account along with the equal pressure Vardy's had juggling his role in the England squad, also the stuff he and his partner have endured with the disgusting threats made towards his one year old daughter on social media. Hopefully a case could be made that it is an extraordinary set of circumstances and that he is only human after all... Not holding my breath though....

Might have been relevant - if it was the ref who'd been sending him the abuse....

Our place in the league has no bearing on the punishment. If he is extremely lucky, they may use the fact that the sending off was unjustified but I doubt it. Even if they do there are unlikely to let him off.

Would you feel the same if it was Harry Kane in the dock here?

Good to know. I actually didn't know what Costa did so definitely does sound a worse case. I guess that's what Vardy will be arguing today. I think what could be his undoing, is the pointing gesture, which sounds silly but it's an aggressive action as opposed to just a verbal insult which we see and hear every weekend at games.

You've got my hopes up now for just a fine. I don't think the media has helped us at all though, suggesting will be a further ban and linking it to Costa. Might have helped the FA panel make up their mind already! 

Only positive with an extra game, will be how fresh he is for our last 2 games.

Might have been relevant - if it was the ref who'd been sending him the abuse....

Our place in the league has no bearing on the punishment. If he is extremely lucky, they may use the fact that the sending off was unjustified but I doubt it. Even if they do there are unlikely to let him off.

Would you feel the same if it was Harry Kane in the dock here?

Like I said, the position in the league shouldn't solely be allowed to override punishment, but at least should be considered together with other factors.

As for Kane? Honestly, if he was booked for not even touching Kouyate, then booked again (and sent off) for "simulation", when the fact was that Ogbonna was the first to make contact by deliberately pulling his arm back, I'd be honest and magnanimous enough to say the punishment was harsh on him.

Then again, if this was Spurs, I wonder if they would have received the same treatment as us in the first place???

Good to know. I actually didn't know what Costa did so definitely does sound a worse case. I guess that's what Vardy will be arguing today. I think what could be his undoing, is the pointing gesture, which sounds silly but it's an aggressive action as opposed to just a verbal insult which we see and hear every weekend at games.

You've got my hopes up now for just a fine. I don't think the media has helped us at all though, suggesting will be a further ban and linking it to Costa. Might have helped the FA panel make up their mind already! 

Only positive with an extra game, will be how fresh he is for our last 2 games.

In Costa's defence he didn't swear at the ref, just confronted him aggressively.

could a differed ban be used? 1 match ban at the start of the next season? surely the FA will want to keep all teams strong to chase the title down at this time in the season for the premier leagues sake? 

rose tinted glasses i know. 

Lets get this straight.... the first tackle was not a yellow card, there was actually no tackle, Vardy missed the tackle and the guy kept running slightly and fell over Vardys legs, its impossible to get out of the way.  secondly the penalty was not not dive, it was a tangle of legs. it was more a penalty than the other 2 pathetic ones given. the red card should been rescinded. 

If Vardy is available for United and its a big if. What will it do to Leo's morale? There is no question that, if available, Vardy starts with Shinji in behind. However, Leo has just scored two and been named MOTM. Do not envy Claudio telling him he's dropped if that is infact the case.

could a differed ban be used? 1 match ban at the start of the next season? surely the FA will want to keep all teams strong to chase the title down at this time in the season for the premier leagues sake? 

rose tinted glasses i know. 

Here's my rose tinted glasses - Do the FA want to risk us blowing it and finishing 2nd and Vardy then going to the Euro's with his head in bits and possibly feeling very bitter towards them?? Hopefully not and they'll just up his fine a tad...

Archived