Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

LCFC All Time XI - Vote

Hi folks,

You might remember (but probably not) that I've run a few fan polls on the club's greatest goals, managers, moments etc but alas this amazing season has made them all out of date quicker than I anticipated!

So, I'm hoping to collect a survey detailing Leicester's all-time best XI

Basically to see how many of this year's heroes make the cut. So, they'll all be automatically nominated - send me your other nominations on here and I'll run the survey soon!

Thanks, guys :-)

GK Banks

RB Whitworth

CB Walsh

CB Elliott

LB not sure

RW Weller

CM Izzet

CM Kante

LW / AM Gibson

FW Worthington

FW Chandler

Arguably Morgan could replace one of the centre backs. You could make an argument for Fuchs as our greatest left back. Kante's only played one season but I can't think of anybody more dominant in his position that has played for us.

pontus kaamark, steve guppy, theo zagorakis, darren eadie, nicky summerbee played for free!, matty fryatttim flowers, stan collymore, tony cottee, emile heskey, neil lennon, matt elliott, steve walsh, muzzy izzett, paul dickov, dion dublin, gary mcallister, gary linekar,

mancini

Schmeichel

Simpson - Morgan - Huth - Fuchs

Mahrez - Drinkwater - Kante - Albrighton

Vardy - Okazaki

--------------

This line-up gave Leicester the very first league title in the club's history

/thread

Andrei Kanchelskis

Magic Johnson---Willie Thorne---Spiderman---Ronald McDonald

Sir Peter Soulsby---EastEnders---Fatdog Mendoza---Cattermole

A dead pigeon---Abel

When done seriously the problem with voted like this current/ more recent players votes always out weigh older players as more fans have seen them play.

For me the goal keeper should always be a toss up between Banks and Shilton if we are talking all time.

How many on here saw either play?

Is there anyone old enough to say who was better Glover or Mahrez?

Looking at stats Chandler and Rowley should always be the front two. Over 500 goals between them or about 7% of all Leicester's goals in our entire history.

there could be a vase for 40/50 players making an altime X1.

But I think you'd be better doing an X1 since 1980, last 35 years and more supporters can put in constructive feedback for the inclusion of Lineker, Smith, Mcallister, Flowers and Kaamark etc.

Andrei Kanchelskis

Magic Johnson---Willie Thorne---Spiderman---Ronald McDonald

Sir Peter Soulsby---EastEnders---Fatdog Mendoza---Cattermole

A dead pigeon---Abel

Why have you got that clown at left back?!

GK Banks

RB Whitworth

CB Walsh

CB Elliott

LB not sure

RW Weller

CM Izzet

CM Kante

LW / AM Gibson

FW Worthington

FW Chandler

Arguably Morgan could replace one of the centre backs. You could make an argument for Fuchs as our greatest left back. Kante's only played one season but I can't think of anybody more dominant in his position that has played for us.

I've been watching since 1965 so can't comment on Channy's talents, though his goals speak for themselves.

My XI is very similar though:

Nish at LB in place of 'not sure, maybe Fuchs'

Cambiasso in place of Izzet

Mahrez in place of Gibson (Glover for me until this season and I never thought he'd lose his place in my all time XI!)

Vardy in place of Chandler (in fact, Vardy takes Lineker's place in my team. Think about that for a minute!).

St. Claudio as manager, obviously...

When done seriously the problem with voted like this current/ more recent players votes always out weigh older players as more fans have seen them play.

For me the goal keeper should always be a toss up between Banks and Shilton if we are talking all time.

How many on here saw either play?

Is there anyone old enough to say who was better Glover or Mahrez?

Looking at stats Chandler and Rowley should always be the front two. Over 500 goals between them or about 7% of all Leicester's goals in our entire history.

there could be a vase for 40/50 players making an altime X1.

But I think you'd be better doing an X1 since 1980, last 35 years and more supporters can put in constructive feedback for the inclusion of Lineker, Smith, Mcallister, Flowers and Kaamark etc.

It works both ways though. People are also blinded by nostalgia a bit with older players and only remember there good games whereas newer players they remember their not so good games as well.

See how people still make up sides largely from the MON and Bloomfield eras over the current one. When they were both good mid-table sides but not a patch on the current one. Do you think many ManUtd fans would put loads of current players in over their great 1968 or 1999 sides? Yet the gap between our current side and the MON/Bloomfield side is even bigger than the gap between those sides and ManUtd's current one but there's no nostalgia bias for the current ManUtd side.

Someone already said Walsh and Elliott in defence with "an argument to be made for Morgan". But Walsh and Elliott never came close to the level of consistency of Morgan and Huth this season in any season during their Leicester career. Morgan is unquestionably the best defender I've ever seen in a Leicester shirt, better than Walsh, Elliott or Cross no doubt.

The argument should be the other way round - whether Walsh, Elliott or Cross should be getting in ahead of Morgan and Huth, which they shouldn't.

I honestly thing people aren't realising what we've done - we've just won the league by 10 points ffs and every player in the starting XI had a great season! It's by far and away the greatest side in the club history! Of course it should be biased towards current players rather than MON or Bloomfield era players.

It works both ways though. People are also blinded by nostalgia a bit with older players and only remember there good games whereas newer players they remember their not so good games as well.

See how people still make up sides largely from the MON and Bloomfield eras over the current one. When they were both good mid-table sides but not a patch on the current one. Do you think many ManUtd fans would put loads of current players in over their great 1968 or 1999 sides? Yet the gap between our current side and the MON/Bloomfield side is even bigger than the gap between those sides and ManUtd's current one but there's no nostalgia bias for the current ManUtd side.

Someone already said Walsh and Elliott in defence with "an argument to be made for Morgan". But Walsh and Elliott never came close to the level of consistency of Morgan and Huth this season in any season during their Leicester career. Morgan is unquestionably the best defender I've ever seen in a Leicester shirt, better than Walsh, Elliott or Cross no doubt.

The argument should be the other way round - whether Walsh, Elliott or Cross should be getting in ahead of Morgan and Huth, which they shouldn't.

I honestly thing people aren't realising what we've done - we've just won the league by 10 points ffs and every player in the starting XI had a great season! It's by far and away the greatest side in the club history! Of course it should be biased towards current players rather than MON or Bloomfield era players.

Yes best team but that doesn't  necessarily make them the best individual players plus they've  only been this good for one season, Morgan and Simpson for example were universally slagged off as being awful prior to this season.

Morgan has been incredible this season but he was also extremely inconsistent last season, he had some absolutely shocking games.

There's a very reasonable argument to say one great season at the top level doesn't necessarily mean you were consistently the best centre back in Leicester's history.

Not saying there's not a good argument for putting him in as well.

As for your last sentence does that mean we're putting Okazaki and Schmeichel in the all time 11 as well? Ahead of Lineker & Banks for example?

There's at least 3 players who would definitely need to be in from our current side but you can't put them all in just because we won the league.

Archived