Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HEGGSY

Brentford - Pay what you want.

On Saturday, Brentford play Stevenage at home, the fans get to pay what they want for their match ticket, as long as its over £1, this is all ages. Anything over £5 and 50% goes to charity.

Very good initiative, just before Christmas as well, but I can't help but thinking most fans will pay £1.01 lol

My local team when I am living at home, excellent little club. Pub on every corner of ground, standing at one end, and things like this. They give free tickets out for kids at local schools too.

I have also played and scored on their pitch in a schools tournament, and this summer I met Patrick Vieira in the main stand.

So they have given me almost as many good times as LCFC... :ph34r:

My local team when I am living at home, excellent little club. Pub on every corner of ground, standing at one end, and things like this. They give free tickets out for kids at local schools too.

I have also played and scored on their pitch in a schools tournament, and this summer I met Patrick Vieira in the main stand.

So they have given me almost as many good times as LCFC... :ph34r:

I used to live in Twickenham so went to down to see them play Southampton with a Southampton supporting friend. The away end was sold out so I had a lot of fun vocally supporting Brentford, especially when Leon Legge equalised with seven minutes to go.

I'd put in a tenner if I knew it'd go half to the club and half to charity.

No problem with that sort of price, just when it gets into the high 20's/30's is when it gets a bit silly.

Absolutely. I think there would be a fair proportion putting that much in, thought I can see a lot of £1.01s

Absolutely. I think there would be a fair proportion putting that much in, thought I can see a lot of £1.01s

I think you almost shoot yourself in the foot by paying minimum if the club still covers its cost for the day or makes a little they are more likely to do this again, if everyone takes the piss then it could be a one off. Great idea though bringing football back to the community!

Since we have foreign owners with far too much money, I would definitely pay £1.01 and wouldn't even feel a smidgeon of guilt.

And if they offer a wedge to a local charidee?

Better off paying between £7>£12 depending how generous/what you can afford/what you feel is fair. As a one off I'd pay £10 for lcfc myself but I feel £15 per adult ticket is fair pricing and would allows us to sell more tickets on a weekly basis. £27 a pop is ridiculous in the champ

One of the best grounds too...although I have heard people moaning about it...modern fans eh?

But I think they are looking to move...sadly.

A pub on every corner of the ground.

Pay what you want is becoming pretty popular, at a pub i went to last Friday night they have whats called a Karma Keg. One Keg of beer and you pay what you want and all money goes to charity. The keg actually reaps about 50% more money than it would do if they were selling the beer. So would be intrested to see how the gate takings for Brentford stack up compared to a comparitive game.

I have lived in west london for years, during a period when I was a it pissed off with City and didn't have the time/money to get up and down to Leicester I went to matches at Brentford for a month or two.

I agree with the posters above, good club with a proper old fashioned atmosphere, not noisy just sort of 'real'. Plenty of Fullers beer to be had and a pie and a pint before the game was a treat.

Sadly I found it hard to get involved, the results barely mattered, after all they are not City , and I soon gave it up, shame really.

Our recent house move has taken us into Brentford and we have an apartment in a development right on the river, right next to where the Grand Union Canal enters the Thames.

From there I can walk to the Griffin pub in about 10 minutes, right next door to the ground, would give it a go on saturday if I wasn't already committed to a trip to the KP....... :thumbup:

I've always found bees fans to be mostly the misfits who don't fit in at Chelsea, or have some inbred hatred of big rich clubs and their bought success.

I have generally found them to be genuine supporters of their local club, Brentford was an old fashioned working class area, but is being 'gentrified' by some developments along the river opposite Kew Gardens.

There are a few chelsea fans around, including a couple of quite knowledgeable chaps in my new local, but plenty of traditional Brentford supporters too.

One of the best grounds too...although I have heard people moaning about it...modern fans eh?

But I think they are looking to move...sadly.

It's pretty much the perfect ground - you can stand if you want , sit if you don't , pub on every corner (? although hasn't one shut down?) and not miles away from the station.

Just a shame we always play shite there.

Archived