Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Lovin this..Florent Malouda..ha ha

Said about this in the realistic signings thread. Met one of his mates at the World Cup who, without knowing who I supported, told me that Florent is looking to come back to England this summer and would probably join: "a team like Leicester".

Can't see it myself but certainly wouldn't rule it out.

Didn't someone on here claim that Malouda told him that he'd had an offer from us after meeting him at an airport?

Might not be as far fetched as some think!

Ah yes, as in 2 posts above! :-)

Made it onto Sky Transfer Centre and also seemingly into the Times with some of their writers.

So, this may have more to it than first imagined... 

Genuine question now and I don't know hence why I ask, but has he ever played in a more central role before?

(That is the only thing I can think NP would want him for - to play alongside Danny and Matty).

We do need another winger, but I don't think we should give him high wages. He would be a squad player and a different option to knocky and mahrez but if we can get a decent deal for him then I wouldnt be completely against it. He definitely ticks the premier league experience box

Sounds stupid at first but more you think about it he would actually be a decent addition (IF he accepts a smallish wage). He's an out and out left winger, would teach Mahrez Knocky etc loads id imagine, has prem experience, has a wicked cross on him and would probably know he wouldn't play 24/7. Depending on his demands, could actually be a shrewd signing

Havent seen him play recently, BUT, take the money out of the equation, whats the downside?

Hes an experienced and quality player, can be used in tight situations and must certainly be able to help our (still relatively young) midfield.

34? - i dont think anyone expects 40 full games in the season from him so age is irrelevant if he is fit.

I just cant see a negative...except for the "possibility" of high cost, but if thats not an issue and lets face it NP and the club don't appear to be over paying so far...then, sign him up Nige!

Archived