Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

City Flags

1 hour ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

How many have you actually made now? lol Doesn't seem to take you long at all.

Ive worked out painting onto white poly cotton is easier than painting white onto blue cotton as you needed about 3 coats to get it a good white.

Slap blue paint onto white and it's one coat :)

Took me long enough to work out, I've done 5 BTW. But my Italian flag one is about shot it already. lol 

2 minutes ago, promised land said:

Ive worked out painting onto white poly cotton is easier than painting white onto blue cotton as you needed about 3 coats to get it a good white.

Slap blue paint onto white and it's one coat :)

Took me long enough to work out, I've done 5 BTW. But my Italian flag one is about shot it already. lol 

Yep I had the same problem with my blue hand painted one. My other white hand painted one only needed one, so much easier. 

They all look fantastic, just wondered how long it took you to do one? Sewing the edges seems to take the longest for me and making the holes lol 

I didn't realise it was you who came to help with Union FS the Sunday before last. :thumbup:

5 hours ago, promised land said:

I don't sew lol 

The last one took a couple of hours, just slap it on!

Vardy one took a few hours a night for 2 nights like you say, keep going over the white bits.

You're Emily who was there then. 

Sounds like you're a pro! Do you use a projector or is it free hand? 

Yep that's correct.

57 minutes ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

Sounds like you're a pro! Do you use a projector or is it free hand? 

Yep that's correct.

Free hand, the Bocelli, Ranieri one I did a pastel sketch off not long after that game, then decided to paint it. I took a picture and enhanced it first to get the view I wanted, then sketched it on A4.

You want to see some very good abstract art then google Zinsky, he's one of loads out there but some of his are fantastic.

• Like 2

On 6 June 2016 at 18:45, ScouseFox said:

KINGZ.png

On 1 June 2016 at 22:57, ScouseFox said:

vardy.jpg

getting one of these done for Europe now I'm going. handmade probs. best places for materials etc anyone ( @promised land ). just a massive sheet/banner sized bit of material and some paint. nothing snazzy. let the words do the talking innit.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

getting one of these done for Europe now I'm going. handmade probs. best places for materials etc anyone ( @promised land ). just a massive sheet/banner sized bit of material and some paint. nothing snazzy. let the words do the talking innit.  

Blank flags are a plenty on ebay, I used Shamrocksuperstore1, they cost a few quid or buy polycotton by the metre which you get on there or at markets.

Paint wise, cheap acrylic paints are a quid a pot, the works, the range, rymans all sell them. 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I thought that it's 'proud' of our City ?? Or perhaps I've got it wrong :unsure:

Both make sense, but as you say I prefer "proud" too. As we're a one club city. I'd understand if we was like Manchester/Liverpool/Nottingham with two club in the city. Then pride would be better

Guest CityFan 06

I think we've actually filled the Kop now. Apart from that small gap halfway through, but there might be a flag there by kick off.

image.jpg

Edited by CityFan 06

1 hour ago, CityFan 06 said:

I think we've actually filled the Kop now. Apart from that small gap halfway through, but there might be a flag there by kick off.

image.jpg

congrats to all and kudos to the club for allowing