Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester Internationals 2016/17

There's a video on Demarai Grays insta of him taking free kicks/crossbar challenge during under 21 training, some serious technique! ??? Might be worth letting him take a few. 

21 minutes ago, AjcW said:

There's a video on Demarai Grays insta of him taking free kicks/crossbar challenge during under 21 training, some serious technique! ??? Might be worth letting him take a few. 

If Mahrez does go in the summer, then I can think of no one better to make the step up and make that starting position his own. The boy has serious talent and even though I've criticised his lack of playing time, I think we have handled him pretty well, and I hope next season we will see him become a regular starter and one of our stand out players

20 minutes ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

did anyone notice "Dele" not bother playing through to Vardy on numerous occasions and just punted it out wide or back to midfield instead?

Switched off when he Vards got subbed off. 

Yes, what miffed me more was Hoddles twaddle about anything spurs, he couldn't get further up their jacksies if he tried. Is it just me that thought only Vardy's negative points were allowed to be discussed during half time? Sadly, I watched itr to the bitter end....not sure why though. If the real Germany had turned up in the first half they'd have buried us, we looked OK because they were so poor. I think the long term answer would be for us to drop out of the international scene altogether.

20 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Yes, what miffed me more was Hoddles twaddle about anything spurs, he couldn't get further up their jacksies if he tried. Is it just me that thought only Vardy's negative points were allowed to be discussed during half time? Sadly, I watched itr to the bitter end....not sure why though. If the real Germany had turned up in the first half they'd have buried us, we looked OK because they were so poor. I think the long term answer would be for us to drop out of the international scene altogether.

How would dropping from the international scene fix the national team? That's just quitting which would be worse than doing poorly in a competition.

On another note Ghana is playing Mexico for those who want to see what Amartey is up to.

9 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

How would dropping from the international scene fix the national team? That's just quitting which would be worse than doing poorly in a competition.

Who said anything about fixing? Let's not have a national team, I'm suggesting that we do not have any national teams (or if you insist we do have one, let's not have any international games during the regular season. This is where women's football could really come into it's own...by providing those that really want international football something to cheer at.

no idea what that means.

Meanwhile... https://sports.naij.com/1095326-live-nigeria-0-0-senegal.html

14' Idrissa Gueye has been a general in the middle of the park for the Teranga Lions

37' Fabulous pass and move orchestrated by Ogu and Ndidi is wasted by a dreadful attempt of a cross by Musa. He should have done better

39' ANOTHER CHANCE! Musa is released and uses his pace to beat the Senegalese backline but his cross is just beyond everyone

74' Musa goes down after a hefty challenge by Koulibally. He's being treated by the Nigerian medical team.

75' Ahmed Musa comes off

80' Long raking pass by Ndidi released Success who powers beyond the left back. His cross though was to Kayode who was in an offside position

Hours after the game finished and no-one's mentioned it, so here goes:

Shinji came on in the 81st minute of Japan's WCQ in UAE. Japan won 2-0 - massive result, especially with Australia dropping points against Iraq earlier.

Shinji looked pretty sharp when he came on - within 30 seconds he'd had two trademark near-post headers from corners (both blocked), but then he had a good chance that he pulled wide. So he's still one short of getting his name on this page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_men's_association_football_players_with_50_or_more_international_goals

5 hours ago, kushiro said:

Hours after the game finished and no-one's mentioned it, so here goes:

Shinji came on in the 81st minute of Japan's WCQ in UAE. Japan won 2-0 - massive result, especially with Australia dropping points against Iraq earlier.

Shinji looked pretty sharp when he came on - within 30 seconds he'd had two trademark near-post headers from corners (both blocked), but then he had a good chance that he pulled wide. So he's still one short of getting his name on this page: falls

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_men's_association_football_players_with_50_or_more_international_goals

ftfylollol, just joking btw

8 hours ago, brucey said:

no idea what that means.

Meanwhile... https://sports.naij.com/1095326-live-nigeria-0-0-senegal.html

14' Idrissa Gueye has been a general in the middle of the park for the Teranga Lions

37' Fabulous pass and move orchestrated by Ogu and Ndidi is wasted by a dreadful attempt of a cross by Musa. He should have done better

39' ANOTHER CHANCE! Musa is released and uses his pace to beat the Senegalese backline but his cross is just beyond everyone

74' Musa goes down after a hefty challenge by Koulibally. He's being treated by the Nigerian medical team.

75' Ahmed Musa comes off

80' Long raking pass by Ndidi released Success who powers beyond the left back. His cross though was to Kayode who was in an offside position

for some people here, that's like music to their ears

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicesters-danny-drinkwater-set-talks-10088089

Gareth Southgate is planning talks with Danny Drinkwater over the Leicester midfielder’s England future.

Drinkwater did not make the final cut for then-manager Roy Hodgson’s Euro 2016 squad after being involved in the pre-tournament friendlies, and was not in Southgate’s squad for Wednesday's friendly in Germany and the weekend's World Cup qualifier against Lithuania either.

The new England boss is keen to include the 27-year-old, but he is currently going game-to-game “managing” a long-running groin issue so the international break was seen as a chance for him to rest.

There is a feeling England would push the issue harder if Drinkwater was vital to their plans, but they also want to know if he is keen on having an international career.

The player is also believed to be reluctant to report if he is just going to be making up the numbers, when he needs to rest that injury problem.

-------

I get the impression that Drinky doesn't really want to play for England, but is avoiding bad press by bringing up 'injuries' as an excuse and hoping he'll be quietly dropped from contention eventually....

Archived