Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester Internationals 2016/17

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Quiz Question:

before you begin, I have no idea of the answer.

Who was the last Englishman to score a goal in a Champions League/European cup knockout game and never play for England?

Before Albrighton you mean? Wes morgan lol

4 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Before Albrighton you mean? Wes morgan lol

That's what I was getting at Albrighton, is so far away from the England squad, yet Some terrible players have been called up to the England Squad based on playing for Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. based on the assumption that playing in Europe makes them better players.

*Wes Morgan is Jamaican 

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

That's what I was getting at Albrighton, is so far away from the England squad, yet Some terrible players have been called up to the England Squad based on playing for Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. based on the assumption that playing in Europe makes them better players.

*Wes Morgan is Jamaican 

I know mate, I was joking about Wes. It's a good bit of trivia, racking my brain to try and think of some youngster who scored for one of the big sides then disappeared off the face of the earth, no luck yet though!

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

*Wes Morgan is Jamaican 

Thought I had a decent shout with Lee Bowyer, 1 cap though apparently!

55 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Quiz Question:

Who was the last Englishman to score a goal in a Champions League/European cup knockout game and never play for England?

Stuart parnaby and Chris Riggott both scored in Middlesbroughs uefa cup run in the knockout stages. 

Both represented England at youth but no senior caps. 

Edit, Nvm misread the q and thought europa league was included... 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

DrInkwater good enough to get to quarter final of CL but jake Livermore is apparenly better ...........

I'd prefer he wasn't tbh. It's only a friendly against Germany and a crap qualifier against Lithuania. With us still to make some headway in the league and lots to concentrate on in the Champions League, I wish Vardy wasn't in either.

On 15/3/2017 at 12:31, Aus Fox said:

Quiz Question:

Was it Kevin Campbell for Arsenal in 1991? He scored in the 'second round' in a knockout tie against Benfica. Never capped for the England A team.

8 minutes ago, Daz93 said:

I'd prefer he wasn't tbh. It's only a friendly against Germany and a crap qualifier against Lithuania. With us still to make some headway in the league and lots to concentrate on in the Champions League, I wish Vardy wasn't in either.

Agree totally - wonder if him pulling out of the last squad has affected his relationship with Southgate?? 

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

Dont really care about England anymore. Sadly.

Fair play on Defoe getting a call up but he is never gonna be playing in the next tournament so dont get why U21s dont get straight call up.

Thought this too. Quality striker but not really seeing the long-term planning going on with this selection!

Think Rashford will start alone upfront, with Alli behind him and Vardy to come on later in the game. 

4 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

England isn't good enough for our players quite frankly but it's the principle that annoys me. Albrighton, Drinks and Vardy should all be there. 

Yeah but west brom are 8th so automatically means Livermore gets the nod, not like were in the champions league 1/4 final or anything.

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

the only reason i can think of as to why simpson has never been called up is because of his off the field antics. but if livermore can get into the england squad after doing cocaine, then surely simpson deserves a chance?

England dominate the ball, this means Simpson is very ineffective because he's no good going forward.

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

the only reason i can think of as to why simpson has never been called up is because of his off the field antics. but if livermore can get into the england squad after doing cocaine, then surely simpson deserves a chance?

Bit different no?

Archived