Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Liverpool Pre-Match Thread

2 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

You do relise the root cause of Leicester not being able to keep the ball stems from Simpson, Huth and Morgan? 

Yes, but dropping them all at the same time is not the answer. Getting the balance right is important. Chilwells inexperience/poor defending cost us against Milwall and people seem to ignore that for example.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Kasper

Simpson Huth Morgan Fuchs

Gray Drinkwater Ndidi Albrighton

Slimani Vardy

Mane's pace against our back four is going to be scary to watch.

Agree 100%.

Huth and Morgan will not be able to cope with Mane's pace and movement.

Can't see us getting a result out of this game but I hope I am wrong.

2 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Kasper

Simpson

Huth 

Benalouane 

Chilwell

Ndidi

Amartey

Drinkwater 

Gray

Vardy or Slim if fit

Mahrez

Subs

RRZ

Morgan

Fuchs

Mendy

King

Okazaki

Musa

Bob  - I think Ryhad is very talented - but I have run out of patience.  I have said before he attracts defenders (great!) but he must cross the ball early and not try to beat them.  ironically once thery stand off him he will have more chance to dribble.   BUT until he adjust his game he cannot start.  Esp if if Slim starts, Albrighton must start.  If Slim still on the sick then Shinji... 

And... Like Chilwell but he is inconsistent.  I think Liver pool will be a handful and fuchs might be a wiser head.

The teams needs to be told to press high as a unit.  Vardy needs to be running directly into he box.

11 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

We need to pick a consistent starting XI and stick with it. Same lineup as the one that scored against Sevilla. Keep the momentum going, and hopefully get a result against Liverpool:

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Albrighton

Ndidi

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Gray

Vardy

Liverpool will rip that defence apart & Albrighton is useless if he doesn't have a target to aim for.

Please no Musa. Please no Albrighton. Please no Okazaki. These are garbage, one or two good games a season footballers who will take us down.

As for the defence, it's a toss up which of Huth or Morgan should get dropped. Both might be a bit drastic but they can't continue as a pair. And Chilwell was so bad v Millwall, he hardly put pressure on a desperately out of form Fuchs.

We have three home games in a row now (and four out of the next five in the PL). Let's get this Great Escape II party started!

Parts of the last 25 minutes last night showed how we should be setting up against quality teams:

4-3-3 with the ball and 4-5-1 without it.....

Schmeichel

Simpson

Fuchs

Morgan 

Huth

Ndidi

Amartey

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Gray

Vardy

subs: Zieler, Benny, King, Albrighton, Slimani, Okazaki, Kapustka 

Plenty of attaching pace and options plus hopefully Musa is nowhere near the 18.

3-4-1-2

Schmeichel

Simpson      Huth      Fuchs 

Albrighton N'Didi Drinkwater Mahrez

Gray/Okazaki 

Slimani    Vardy

This game has goals written all over it imo, not the best defences in the league whilst both sides have interesting attacking personnel.

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Bob  - I think Ryhad is very talented - but I have run out of patience.  I have said before he attracts defenders (great!) but he must cross the ball early and not try to beat them.  ironically once thery stand off him he will have more chance to dribble.   BUT until he adjust his game he cannot start.  Esp if if Slim starts, Albrighton must start.  If Slim still on the sick then Shinji... 

And... Like Chilwell but he is inconsistent.  I think Liver pool will be a handful and fuchs might be a wiser head.

The teams needs to be told to press high as a unit.  Vardy needs to be running directly into he box.

Yeah fair play don't disagree that is for sure 

hope if Albrighton plays he gets some decent crosses in to Slim etc

13 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Let's not kid ourselves, it will be;

KS

Fuchs

Morgan (c)

Huth

Simpson

Albrighton

Drinkwater

Ndidi

Mahrez

Musa

Vardy

Which I won't mind IF they press and attack the ball, like they did in the second half against Seville. But if they sit back and invite pressure, then the back four will struggle again. We have stopped defending from the front. We used to force the opposition to make errors high up the pitch and then we'd attack. But now, we let them get into our half and pressure the defence. It isn't the loss of Kante that is exposing our back line, it's the fact that we are not working as a team.

Musa might have not played well recently, but because he was the only one on the bench to celebrate Vardy's goal, I say we start to build a team ethic around players like him who want the TEAM to win.

Yes, waste a team selection in Musa just because he wants to WIN, because the other players don't want to WIN, they want to be relegated. What kind of argument is that? I really didn't understand.

Archived