Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Hamza Choudhury

We have some of the most overrated youngsters ever.

Probably guarantee the majority of the people posting have never seen this lad kick a ball

Hope he turns out to be good but let's not talk about how good a prospect he is until he gets his call up and delivers at championship level.

So many youngsters are a slight cut above their age level and everyone talks them up to be the next star, the majority end up like Freddy Adu.

The jump between the U21 and the 1st team is huge. The way some posters on here go on about players we have i wouldn't tryst anyone's judgement on here.

Barcelona? come on...

Nigel will ruin him within 2 seasons more than likely. 

Oh where to start here. 

There are 3 other players alongside Hamza in the U18's side at the moment aka Johnson, Chilwell and Ndukwu, that people are touting to potentially make the step up at this club. Not many have been hyped up at such a young age before in my recent memory. People are right to be excited about these lads as they are playing very well in a side that has reached the FA youth cup semis, which is something that hasn't happened in the recent past. There's been talk of U21 players before but these lads are 17&18 and have a very bright future in the game.

At 16 Hamza was on the standby list for England U18's which is nothing to be sniffed at, plus Johnson, Chilwell and Ndukwu have all represented England at age group level. They may fall by the wayside, but having some of the most promising youngsters in English football is a reason to get football fans excited. All 4 of them if they stay on the right path and work hard could realistically be playing first team football at Leicester City in 3 or 4 years. 

• 1 year later...

Looks like Jimmy Pearson will be in the u21s under he is about 25.

can't be any worse than danny simpson, get him in the team

What a difference a year makes, eh....

Let's hope now Hamza has had chance to kick a ball at a decent level we can look at him properly as a prospect, 11 games for burton and promotion is not to be sniffed at, 

Him and Chilwell could be anything at this stage, hope they get a run out pre season.

U21's you've got

Cain - key player in league one

Blyth - goal scorer in league 2

Hopper - goal scorer in league 1

Panayitou - scores for fun in the under 21s

McCourt - did well out on loan

Barmby and Lawrence - signed for the future and look class above the rest

Smith - very good tall keeper

Under 18s -

Hamza

chilwell

Ndukwu

There is probably more but these are the lads who have impressed the most

Think that Hopper lad has a big future with us. Here he's quite good in the hole.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Couple of my Burton mates said he was really good the other day. I saw the Millwall away game where nobody had a great game for Burton but he's put in a couple of solid performances since then according to them. If Burton get promoted I think he could get a loan back there next season and gain some championship experience with them.

• 6 months later...

Was thinking about Hamza today.  (Not is a sexual way.  Though his hair is wondrous).  Doesn't seem to be playing much?  Anyone any idea how he is getting on?  I was born and raised in Burton but moved away so no idea about what they think of him there?  I know they were pleased to have him back.  Anyway, just wondered 'n' that. X

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Was thinking about Hamza today.  (Not is a sexual way.  Though his hair is wondrous).  Doesn't seem to be playing much?  Anyone any idea how he is getting on?  I was born and raised in Burton but moved away so no idea about what they think of him there?  I know they were pleased to have him back.  Anyway, just wondered 'n' that. X

I think he's played a good amount of games for them, in fairness. Perhaps not an ever present, but certainly getting some fairly regular football.

I looked about a month ago when it occurred to me that Drinkwater looked absolutely knackered and that Matty James and Mendy were taking it in turns to have injury setbacks.

No idea if we have an agreement to recall him, but presumably if it could be arranged, it might not be a bad idea.

EDIT: Just checked and in the last month he's been on the bench every game and only come on once. I think its fair to say he isn't first choice there.

• 1 year later...

Did the job he was asked to do in tough circumstances. PL debut being chase the ball for 10 minutes and stop their midfield playing, a pretty tough task by all accounts.

Didn't stop the cretins behind me in SK2 slating the lad though :rolleyes:.

Thought it was the wrong decision at the time to bring him on given the circumstances, but he handled himself well enough and did what was asked of him. 

Glad to see Puel giving the youth players a chance though. It's already paying off with Chilwell and Gray, so hopefully it's more of the same and we'll have a really strong core of young players in the first team in the future

1 minute ago, FOXYTALK said:

Ran around for 10 mins, pushed a couple of players and made one good tackle can't judge from that appearance. Hopefully he has a long and successful career at the city.

Is he a contender for the best barnet in the clubs history?

hc.png

Silva‘s International Clearance Certificate is hidden somewhere in there

Archived