Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Jamie Vardy included in Englands squad for upcoming friendlies

He'll definitely get a game, won't he? Would be gutting if he didn't get on the pitch. 

I'd have thought he's a chance of playing in the friendly, hopefully he'll start but if not he'll at least get on as sub.

Rooney and Wellbeck will be in the qualifier - just have to hope that Vardy can get on from the bench.

Only 4 forwards in the squad, and one of them is Austin.

Almost certainly going to get minutes.

Rooney and vardy could be an interesting combination - Rooney hated him back in September lol

Absolutely made up for the lad.

Absolutely buzzing for him, glad his getting the recognition he deserves.

Definitely watching the England games now and hope he gets some game time.

Is he first City player in England squad since Heskey/Guppy? (I know they was about the same time?)

Rooney and vardy could be an interesting combination - Rooney hated him back in September lol

Going to be very weird hearing Rooney calling him Vards

Is he first City player in England squad since Heskey/Guppy? (I know they was about the same time?)

Guppy

Now watch him pull his hamstring on Sunday or break his toe.........

Absolutely brilliant for the lad, his confidence will be sky high. If he gets some minutes and performs then he'll be unbelievable next season for us.

Personally I think rest him on Sunday, he's had such a big role to play keeping us up. Let him rest and make sure he doesn't get injured, such a big opportunity for him.

Agree with this. Give Kramaric a go

Personally I think rest him on Sunday, he's had such a big role to play keeping us up. Let him rest and make sure he doesn't get injured, such a big opportunity for him.

If he's still carrying a knock then I agree. Would like to see Kramaric anyway.

Operation "Break Charlie Austin" to commence against QPR. Special agent Was tasked with taking him out of the England games so Jamie gets on instead.

Only so he's out for a few weeks. We want him fit for our first game next season  :thumbup:

http://news.ladbrokes.com/football/international-football/twitter-reacted-jamie-vardys-england-call-up.html?

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/05/21/jamie-vardys-england-inclusion-shows-that-it-is-far-too-easy/page/1/#

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32825179

Roy Hodgson

We only select players because we think they can win matches and do good jobs for us."

Vardy's inclusion, though, is perhaps more unexpected, for a striker who was playing non-league football with Fleetwood three seasons ago.

Hodgson said of the 28-year-old: "I watched him when he was still at Fleetwood and players who have that pace and desire to run in behind defenders are always interesting for coaches.

"His latter part of the season with Leicester through the 'Great Escape' has been really excellent."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/england-manager-roy-hodgson-has-every-confidence-uncapped-trio-150521147660#yrLzy4Kc5DfVUAYw.99

Who'd have known when he conceded that late penalty he'd be called up to England 2 years later.

Who was that against by the way? Can't find it anywhere. Google's algorithm prefers to show me all the United related stories than anything else.  

Who'd have known when he conceded that late penalty he'd be called up to England 2 years later.

Who was that against by the way? Can't find it anywhere. Google's algorithm prefers to show me all the United related stories than anything else.  

Middlesbrough?

Archived