Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Jamie Vardy included in Englands squad for upcoming friendlies

It's the trouble with he stats-driven madness of twitter.

He'll work his bloody arse off and that's what everyone has been craving from an England international for centuries.

All the bitter people on Twitter have hardly seen him play. Crying for Ashley Young as if he's Ronaldo? What's wrong with them?

Basically plastic united fans, who cares?

Vardy is what England have needed for a very, very long time.

Unbelievable that these are probably the same people who complain about how boring our national side is. At least with Vardy we can expect a player who will get at an opposition and bring some life to a game. If your going to question Vardy getting called up then surely Delph and Mason should be scrutinised too. 

Don't care much for our International let downs, but what an achievement for Vardy.

He does add something none of our other internationals do - Effort, passion & chasing lost causes!

Might even help make England watchable again!

Congrats!!! 

Funny seeing other fans criticsing this, saying it's the worst call up in history.

Well done Jamie.

TBH if I wasn't a City fan I'd be saying this is a pointless call up and he's not nearly good enough.

But I am so I'm like yeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh.

Love him.

Will he pull out due to his foot injury? Was probably looking forward to resting it.

You know he'll be an unused sub for both games.

Disagree, can see all the uncapped players getting a shot against Ireland. Why not? They're not kids of the future there for experience.

If he gets game time he will play well especially if England play a pressing game! I said this in another thread that he's the type of player who could do well given a chance for England.

So, so far this season:

We signed the most decorated and skilled former Argentinian international Esteban Cambiasso.

Put together the best Premier a League relegation escape ever.

Had our rags to riches striker Jamie Vardy who was playing Non-League three years ago called up to the England squad.

What. A. Season. :)

Behind only Kane, Rooney, Austin and Milner for English assists and goals from open play in the Premier League. Bit of an obscure stat I guess, but assists and goals are what football is about, and he's clearly well up there. 0.5 per game. 

I'm thrilled for Jamie Vardy. I think I speak for all Leicester fans when I say we're proud of you, son!

He's gone from being down and out to being on top of the world.

Archived