Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ben Chilwell

Absolutely spot on

If you notice King put his hand up to acknowledge that he had dropped Chilly right in it

Anyone who thinks Jeff is a better left back than this lad needs to have a long hard look at themselves as trust me he is the real deal

He has just played his FIRST competitive game for us. Get a hold of yourself ffs.

There's no need to have a pop at Jeff or even overrate Chilwell so quickly.

He has just played his FIRST competitive game for us. Get a hold of yourself ffs.

Been watching this lad for the last 2 years so I know what he is capable of and rest assured its a lot more than Jeff as a full back that is for sure

He defended well today but for me he is even better going forward so you ain't seen nothing yet

hate to burst you're bubble but that wasn't his debut for us ...

I wonder what people would be saying if his two disastrously bad back passes had led to us conceding as they could so easily have done? Those incidents alone say he's not ready for regular first team football - certainly at premiership level. So the question is where can he best develop his potential? A: a club that knows his strengths and weaknesses, his temperament, and that will give him first team chances without over-exposing him too soon. Hopefully one with an experienced and mature seen-it-all left back who can help him learn the ropes of getting to the next stage. That's us. Anything else is greed.

I've always been a bit weary throwing youngsters into the mix maybe a bit too early, but Chilwell is class. For a guy his age, you don't expect him to act in such a mature way on the pitch.

He was very composed for most part, put in some decent crosses, showed good positioning and overall oozed more confidence when defending - as opposed to De Laet on the right.

Lad's got a great future ahead of himself and I do hope he stays to become an influential part of our immediate future success(es).

Well done, Ben! Well done.  :appl:

What about Jeff?

He is third choice left back in my opinion

As a winger then only Mahrez is a shoe in for me and the others are all within Jeffs sights but he needs to improve

The amount of work our wingers get through ( or should get through in Dyers case ) means some will be rested or injured so he should get game time

thought he looked a little nervous most of the time and played it safe (clearing into touch or long ball)

A solid performance all the same though :thumbup:

I think that's fair. He made some good clearances, tracked his man well for the most part and came through the game unscathed because he took a no-risks approach to defending, tending to hammer the ball into touch instead of attempting to play it when, at times, a counter could have been on the cards. He was also responsible for a couple of back-passes which could have been costly had others not been alert to the danger.

It was a decent enough debut, especially for a young pro, but I saw signs that (as you'd expect) he's not quite there yet.

Speaking of full backs, I thought De Laet looked very sharp. As I write, someone has just leaned over to tell me I'm wrong, and Ritchie wasn't up to much after all, but that's how I saw it!

Positioning is key, and from what i saw on the stream, he was very well placed, and timed his tackles and runs etc very well.

Will need to bulk up a bit but thats to be expected from a teenager, he definitly took the safe option tonight, but thats understandable i would imagine with time and confidence he would be comfortable passing it out and taking more time on the ball.

:o thank goodness that Kasper was out and ready for that back pass from the half way line... couldve really damaged a youngster in his first game.

Good first out for him and looks to have what it takes... Good luck lad! 

Archived