Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

31 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We do have a bigger fanbase. However, the club would have to be fluid with pricing rather than being rigid. Keep your season tickets competitive. Your big games will always sell out in Leicester for me. The lower games price reasonably and make a song/dance about it. 

Yeah I somewhat agree.

At the moment we sell out every home game regardless of opposition. Clubs like Newcastle and Sunderland have won 1 League Cup between them in 50+ years, yet they manage to get impressive crowds. Newcastle in particular got a lot of fans on board with their success in the late 90s and early 2000s (title challenge + CL football). It's be a shame if we didn't capitalise on our success.

On a smaller scale, Brighton went from having 6k crowd to 25k overnight. If a small club like Brighton who hsve achieved nothing can quadruple their average attendance then I'm confident we can average 40k every week as well.

Thinking about it, would the atmosphere be improved or would it actually hinder it like it has done at Liverpool, Man Utd etc?

Being serious - would any expansion be a more finance-orientated decision or one that should make it more intimidating for the opposition? Hope it's the latter of course, but it needs to be planned effectively to get the supporters groups etc together.

6 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

Why we would want to compete with them? Surely they'd want to compete with us?

In the Premier League era only Everton from that list have won a trophy (and that was in 1995). We're actually the fifth most successful club (domestically) in the past 20 odd years.

1. Man Utd: League (x13), FA Cup (x5), League Cup (x4), Champions League (x2)

2. Chelsea: League (x4), FA Cup (x6), League Cup (x4), Champions League (x1)

3. Arsenal: League (x3), FA Cup (x6)

4. Man City: League (x2), FA Cup (x1), League Cup (x2)

5. Leicester: League (x1), League Cup (x2)

6. Blackburn: League (x1), League Cup (x1)

We have massively overachieved as well you know.

If we're happy to be aspire to mid table mediocrity like half of the league then we'll get caught out sooner or later and be relegated and we'll have spent our money and be no better off than a dozen similar clubs in the Championship. The only difference will be is we had our chance but were too small time to capitalise on it. So maybe another club like us can make a better fist of it and leave us behind in the long term?

Everton are looking to leave Goodison and move to a better stadium, I see no reason why we shouldn't be expected to keep up with Everton long term. History aside are they really a much bigger club than us? I would say no but they do have ambitions to improve themselves.

If and when they do expand i don't  expect them to do a cheap job. Any extension to the East stand would surely include more executive boxes, event rooms to increase commercial business plus a bigger media room and tv studio.

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

We could possibly take a few bits off the Ricoh they don't use for a knock down price and add them on the side .Watching Auf Weidesehn Pet earlier and it came to me in a flash.

Ill pop in the Duncan road club before the game and get a few of the lads together sort out a price and  we could get  it knocked out in about six weeks.

lol

The bits they don't use let's shorten the list to the bits they do use.

The dressing rooms and the directors box. The rest of it they could sell. lollol

48 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

In the Premier League era only Everton from that list have won a trophy (and that was in 1995). We're actually the fifth most successful club (domestically) in the past 20 odd years.

Liverpool have won a fair bit in the 'Premier League era' too

32 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We have massively overachieved as well you know.

If we're happy to be aspire to mid table mediocrity like half of the league then we'll get caught out sooner or later and be relegated and we'll have spent our money and be no better off than a dozen similar clubs in the Championship. The only difference will be is we had our chance but were too small time to capitalise on it. So maybe another club like us can make a better fist of it and leave us behind in the long term?

Everton are looking to leave Goodison and move to a better stadium, I see no reason why we shouldn't be expected to keep up with Everton long term. History aside are they really a much bigger club than us? I would say no but they do have ambitions to improve themselves.

But we haven't aspired to mid table mediocrity and we haven't achieved it. We are the fifth most successful team over the last 20 years.

27 minutes ago, davieG said:

If and when they do expand i don't  expect them to do a cheap job. Any extension to the East stand would surely include more executive boxes, event rooms to increase commercial business plus a bigger media room and tv studio.

Plus more catering facilities, stewards, waiters etc - though that's probably more cheap than the above?

But of course the H&S inspectors will need to examine every aspect of an expansion, and that could prove a big hurdle to overcome before their demands are met than anything else.

Will feel quite strange seeing a stand bigger than any have been since moving across the road.

Also, I hope there's a permanent fans' village in place alongside the expansion - better deals than what you get in the ground.

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

Get this done, a brand new 55,000 state of the art stadium which would appeal to the owners ego.

Looking through some old posts it was apparent KP wasn't big enough before our title winning season. With the club on a crest of a wave from PL winners to CL QF's and neighbouring sides like Forest, Derby and Coventry plodding along we have an ideal opportunity to expand our influence and borders in the region to become once and for all the regions most dominant club. Money comes and goes with wages and signings as we all live within our means, I'd hate to be relegated eventually and not leave a legacy. We can either carry on as we are and wait for our turn to be relegated and go back to what we one were or we could at least compete with the Everton, West Ham and Newcastle's of this world. Get this built whilst we have the financial resources to do so and cement our place as a top 10 club in England.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/01/could-suprastadio-put-chelsea-liverpool-and-tottenham-to-shame-w/

I'd love a stadium like this that makes the noise even louder and has more fans closer to the pitch. Could you imagine a night like the Seville game in a stadium like that! It would be amazing. 

Anyway I'm not in a rush to move. The KP is fast becoming legendary in my eyes. 

19 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Plus more catering facilities, stewards, waiters etc - though that's probably more cheap than the above?

But of course the H&S inspectors will need to examine every aspect of an expansion, and that could prove a big hurdle to overcome before their demands are met than anything else.

Will feel quite strange seeing a stand bigger than any have been since moving across the road.

Also, I hope there's a permanent fans' village in place alongside the expansion - better deals than what you get in the ground.

It's called the Building Regulations and although they can be a ball ache sometimes it's all fairly standard procedure.

39 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I would imagine any stadium designers they employ will experienced in stadium and be well aware the H&S requirements and will take them into account at the design stage.

1 hour ago, fleckneymike said:

But we haven't aspired to mid table mediocrity and we haven't achieved it. We are the fifth most successful team over the last 20 years.

By luck more than design.

We spent £22m on the team that won the league.

Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour have aspired to trophies with their investment, as brilliant as our owners are they won the PL to a huge bit of good fortune.

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

By luck more than design.

We spent £22m on the team that won the league.

Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour have aspired to trophies with their investment, as brilliant as our owners are they won the PL to a huge bit of good fortune.

So you want to aspire to be like a list of teams who haven't won anything in nearly 20 years?

And we didn't win the league by good fortune, we won it by a good 10 points.

2 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

Wow when you look it like that.............Incredible.

If you look at it from financial perspective Man city have spent over £1 BILLION and won 2 more trophies lol

Obviously not the only yard stick but still funny.

2 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

Never knew that. Cool

24 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

So you want to aspire to be like a list of teams who haven't won anything in nearly 20 years?

And we didn't win the league by good fortune, we won it by a good 10 points.

You've completely missed my point.

We won the league because we got "lucky" and bought some brilliant players for peanuts, it was great fortune rather than design. 

There is a direct correlation between money spent on wages and transfer fees and success. We bucked that trend in a big way but if it's our Modus Operandi to buy bargain bucket players for peanuts and win PL titles then we're in for a hell of a wait for our next one. we should be aspiring to compete with the likes of West Ham, Everton and Newcastle OFF the pitch.

A better stadium shouldn't automatically mean more capacity. The owners can afford the land and properties east side an flip the stadium 90 degrees clockwise. Better frontage, better concourses with serving half time larger so I don't waste 10minutes in a queue for a beer and 5 minutes in a queue for a pee. A fan zone so families don't feel their day is to pay a fortune and be shoved in and kicked out.

Better corporate match entertainment ( the monks would love that ) and non match entertainment. I've had a few evening meals watching the reserves and my brother has his wedding reception there. The world knows who Leicester City are now and we are a flag ship of the King Power Brand. Something a little more showing of the pride we now all have in our club.

Perhaps even a plan for a standing area within the design and wider seats. It all boils down to keeping Premier League status and the results early this year would certainly show how fragile our status is. However we are written into history and have a chance to do something wonderful with it. If we don't we end up with a statue. 

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You've completely missed my point.

We won the league because we got "lucky" and bought some brilliant players for peanuts, it was great fortune rather than design. 

There is a direct correlation between money spent on wages and transfer fees and success. We bucked that trend in a big way but if it's our Modus Operandi to buy bargain bucket players for peanuts and win PL titles then we're in for a hell of a wait for our next one. we should be aspiring to compete with the likes of West Ham, Everton and Newcastle OFF the pitch.

Why? What trophies do you get for doing well off the pitch?

The teams you cite have won nothing at all in nearly 20 years.

7 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

Why? What trophies do you get for doing well off the pitch?

The teams you cite have won nothing at all in nearly 20 years.

I hate to break it to you but income=success long term.

If you don't mind clubs like Everton, West Ham and Newcastle earning 150% of our income then prepare for failure, what we've had over the last 20 years is great variance but it won't last long term.

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I hate to break it to you but income=success long term.

If you don't mind clubs like Everton, West Ham and Newcastle earning 150% of our income then prepare for failure, what we've had over the last 20 years is great variance but it won't last long term.

The teams I cite have also spent a minimum of 10 years more than us in the Premier League yet in all that time, with all that access to greater funds than in the Championship (and shudder league 1), they've won bugger all.

'Long term' they've done nothing, won nothing and look like they're going to continue to do so. Watching mediocrity in a big ground is no ambition at all.

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

We weren't lucky to win the lesgue but we didn't plan to do it. 

Our aim off the pitch should be to get attendances that Everton and West Ham get.

Everton are getting a new stadium on the docks, not sure the capacity but assume it's 60k ish.. I think if we establish ourselves we can possibly push to 40k. I'd rather have a smaller stadium but be full every week than have 60k and only 35k turn up. 

4 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Everton are getting a new stadium on the docks, not sure the capacity but assume it's 60k ish.. I think if we establish ourselves we can possibly push to 40k. I'd rather have a smaller stadium but be full every week than have 60k and only 35k turn up. 

At what point are we 'established' ?? The same as most other clubs other than perhaps six, we will only ever be a season away from relegation.

Archived