Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

At what point are we 'established' ?? The same as most other clubs other than perhaps six, we will only ever be a season away from relegation.

A couple of mid table finishes (top 10) with no relegation threat at all. Hovering round mid table all season, consistent.

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

At what point are we 'established' ?? The same as most other clubs other than perhaps six, we will only ever be a season away from relegation.

& I agree that every team will be relegated at some point apart the top 6 but we can make the most of it at the moment.

2 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

They haven't won the league

They've won the FA cup twice, the league cup 3 times, the champions league once and the uefa cup once.

I wouldn't trade what we've done for that, but I don't think you can say we've been more successful than them. Or Blackburn, for that matter.

31 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

The teams I cite have also spent a minimum of 10 years more than us in the Premier League yet in all that time, with all that access to greater funds than in the Championship (and shudder league 1), they've won bugger all.

'Long term' they've done nothing, won nothing and look like they're going to continue to do so. Watching mediocrity in a big ground is no ambition at all.

It's not about what we or they've done in the past but expectation of what they will do in the future.

Why on earth would you think we're more likely to be successful than them if you happily accept them earning tens of millions of Pounds more than us?

Getting a bigger ground and increasing our fan base and reputation can only be good for the club, if you can't see that then I give up on you.

5 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

& I agree that every team will be relegated apart the top 6 but we can make the most of it at the moment.

If we're not 'established' after winning the Premier League then I don't think a couple of mid-table finishes will cut it. Making the most of it is the key. A stadium expansion is a legacy of these golden years and will serve a useful purpose when (if) they return..

13 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

If we're not 'established' after winning the Premier League then I don't think a couple of mid-table finishes will cut it. Making the most of it is the key. A stadium expansion is a legacy of these golden years and will serve a useful purpose when (if) they return..

Outside the big clubs no one gets to establish themselves in the Premier League. Even Tottenham and Everton have flirted with relegation and all of the other 13 clubs have been out of the top flight in the last decade or so.

At some point our time will come to be relegated again and it will be a crying shame if we never tried to progress as a club by increasing our capacity and fan base. If we put aside £30m to improve that equates to less than Slimani or a Musa/Mendy if you take wages into account. It would hardly break us and it would last a generation.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

31,648 was the attendance.

I think this strengthens the argument for develepment as a lot of season ticket holders didn't bother for the cup matches and still it's close to a sell out for a cup replay. This suggests there's a lot of people who cant get prem match tickets but will turn up when a lot of the regulars don't go and tickets become available. 

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

They've won the FA cup twice, the league cup 3 times, the champions league once and the uefa cup once.

I wouldn't trade what we've done for that, but I don't think you can say we've been more successful than them. Or Blackburn, for that matter.

I think you'll find I can and that is precisely what I did. In terms of domestic success we've been better.

This has more to do with atmosphere inside the stadium than it's expansion, but I think it's interesting to see an English fan's experience (albeit an Arsenal fan) of the legendary Yellow Wall inside Borrusia Dortmund's Westfalenstadion.

These are the sort of things the club should consider when expanding the stadium. The improve atmosphere over the last few seasons is surely a contributing factor to our success.

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I think this strengthens the argument for develepment as a lot of season ticket holders didn't bother for the cup matches and still it's close to a sell out for a cup replay. This suggests there's a lot of people who cant get prem match tickets but will turn up when a lot of the regulars don't go and tickets become available. 

Totally agree

the support is there

we should tap into it

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This has more to do with atmosphere inside the stadium than it's expansion, but I think it's interesting to see an English fan's experience (albeit an Arsenal fan) of the legendary Yellow Wall inside Borrusia Dortmund's Westfalenstadion.

These are the sort of things the club should consider when expanding the stadium. The improve atmosphere over the last few seasons is surely a contributing factor to our success.

I bet TU's capos were delighted with their faces being plastered all over Arsenal Fan TV lol 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

See atletico Madrid farce to see why we need to expand the stadium and quickly 

It's not really a 'farce', mandatory corporate allocations were dished out and people wrongly assumed that tickets would be held back for Silver members for these games which was never advertised. 

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 22:43, Vlad the Fox said:

I think there was a massive difference in price between the Derby match and a premier league match. If derby had been £35 a pop I really don't think it would have sold out.

i'd rather have a full stadium with people wanting tickets still after sell out than a bigger stadium with empty seats in due to not enough demand 

There seems to be demand for a lot of games, but the owners need to look to see if this demand will stay and be fitting for development to occur 

7 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's not really a 'farce', mandatory corporate allocations were dished out and people wrongly assumed that tickets would be held back for Silver members for these games which was never advertised. 

Maybe that's true

l just personally think we should tap into the potential "extra" support we could and probably will generate

to limit our potential would show a complete lack of ambition imho 

1 hour ago, China Black said:

I say let us establish ourselves as a top 10 side for a couple of years, then expand the stadium.

We're Champions.

Only the top six and possibly Everton are ever established in this league. 65-70% of the teams are only ever a bad season away from relegation.

If we added another 10-15k seats then we'd probably have well over 30k in S/T holders.

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

i'd rather have a full stadium with people wanting tickets still after sell out than a bigger stadium with empty seats in due to not enough demand

The issue with that is that there are a large number of kids who can't get tickets at a time where we should be capturing the entirety of a generation- there should be absolutely no need for any child growing up to become a glory fan at the moment. This is a massive chance to really grow the club, make no mistake. We should just go for it.

We haven't sold out the last 2 games have we? Both sub 32k. Could be away fans but sadly the current capacity seems about right. Would love a bigger stand but if we can't  sell out games as champions...

25 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

The issue with that is that there are a large number of kids who can't get tickets at a time where we should be capturing the entirety of a generation- there should be absolutely no need for any child growing up to become a glory fan at the moment. This is a massive chance to really grow the club, make no mistake. We should just go for it.

Hugely important - get the kids hooked now and they won't drift off to manure or chelski or Abu citeh when things go a bit pear shaped here. once it's in your blood then there is no going back. 

Archived