Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

13 minutes ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

someone make a new poll I'd be interested to know now that we have done 3 years premier league football  

I would be very surprised if the percentage was any lower than 70/80 per cent now

we NEED to get this done 

come on City

54 minutes ago, baker11 said:

If they do expand I would be surprised if they did it on the Kop. Much more likely in my eyes to do on either the East or West stands where they can make money off the prawn sandwich and corporate folk.

I think only certain stands can be done as it's built a certain way already to accommodate.

Not sure they can do family stand due to proximity to the road. More space the kop end.

What I've heard down at the charity match today, which ended 3-3 between the police and stewards.

They already have planning permission.

48,000 will be the capacity.

There will be a perspex barrier constructed to seperate the away fans.

If any want to argue with this, it is what I have heard and thought I'd put it in here :P 

There's  still no planning apps on the council website and even if there was I'm  sure we'd have heard about any submitted plans.

The may well have something attached to the original stadium app about the possibility of extending but even that would still require a formal application.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

There's  still no planning apps on the council website and even if there was I'm  sure we'd have heard about any submitted plans.

The may well have something attached to the original stadium app about the possibility of extending but even that would still require a formal application.

:fc: we get it done and soon

13 hours ago, ithuriel said:

What I've heard down at the charity match today, which ended 3-3 between the police and stewards.

They already have planning permission.

48,000 will be the capacity.

There will be a perspex barrier constructed to seperate the away fans.

If any want to argue with this, it is what I have heard and thought I'd put it in here :P 

48k would be a lovely boost. Might be a few empty seats after the initial rush of excitement at the expansion, but should be much easier to get tickets. Atmosphere could be excellent too with all that extra noise!

50 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

48k would be a lovely boost. Might be a few empty seats after the initial rush of excitement at the expansion, but should be much easier to get tickets. Atmosphere could be excellent too with all that extra noise!

Just asked if anything new had been heard on the ground expansion.

Heard it varying from 40,000 to 50,000 over a year ago but was told 48,000 without asking about the capacity.

Apparently the barrier idea would help save on personnel costs.

I did ask about the building next to the ground but heard nothing about that.

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Just asked if anything new had been heard on the ground expansion.

Heard it varying from 40,000 to 50,000 over a year ago but was told 48,000 without asking about the capacity.

I did ask about the building next to the ground but heard nothing about that.

Who's your source? So want this to happen - and quick! If we got it announced fairly soon it could influence potential signings for this season.

5 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

That would make sense. Less need for stewards to police those areas as heavily if there's a barrier separating fans already.

I'm sure barriers are used like this quite often in Europe, although I can't for the life of me provide an example.

6 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

Who's your source? So want this to happen - and quick! If we got it announced fairly soon it could influence potential signings for this season.

I'm not sure that would massively influence signings, would it? A good thing to sell them on the club going places I suppose, but if players are willing to sign for clubs like Monaco then it suggests it's more about wages and opportunities to develop themselves/play at a higher level than the size of the fanbase.

1 minute ago, wattolcfc said:

Do not start with this ITK source shit before it starts. :P

I know peeps who work there, have done for years and they tell me stuff, a lot of it I do not post on here but this is what I've been told about the ground expansion after a very quick chat yesterday at the match.

5 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I'm not sure that would massively influence signings, would it? A good thing to sell them on the club going places I suppose, but if players are willing to sign for clubs like Monaco then it suggests it's more about wages and opportunities to develop themselves/play at a higher level than the size of the fanbase.

Wages are not everything these days. Young players would rather play and live in monaco knowing they can move on to europes super clubs. 

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

Do not start with this ITK source shit before it starts. :P

I know peeps who work there, have done for years and they tell me stuff, a lot of it I do not post on here but this is what I've been told about the ground expansion after a very quick chat yesterday at the match.

Hope your "source" is right on this one. :fc: 

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

A barrier between the home and away fans? Nice if true. 

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

I'm sure barriers are used like this quite often in Europe, although I can't for the life of me provide an example.

I assume you mean something like this? 

FC-Union-Berlin-vs-Greuther-Furth.jpg

2 hours ago, CloudFox said:

That would make sense. Less need for stewards to police those areas as heavily if there's a barrier separating fans already.

West Brom except it's made of wood and Norwich and Everton 

16 hours ago, davieG said:

I wonder if sensitive planning apps can be kept confidential until it's decided to go public. 

It's clear that the club cannot have received full planning permission to extend the ground but perhaps it's feasible that an application exists which has had tentative council approval re traffic etc etc but still requires to go to the local population for any objections. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder if sensitive planning apps can be kept confidential until it's decided to go public. 

It's clear that the club cannot have received full planning permission to extend the ground but perhaps it's feasible that an application exists which has had tentative council approval re traffic etc etc but still requires to go to the local population for any objections. 

I'm sure informal consultations can happen and even if what you suggest is true it wouldn't shorten the planning period as it's a defined procedure so other that preliminary consultations i can't really see the benefit in keeping it on the quiet.

Archived