Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

8 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Gonna put it out there and say, I was told yesterday the owners still plan to expand and talks with the council are on going to make sure plans get passed quicker ie are submitted and acceptable rather than get rejected and stretch the time frame.

I'm told it's a 3 phase development/expansion plan. But planning for 1st phase at least will be submitted soon and they hope to start work soon, apparently the foundations were an issue as we cut costs as everyone knows, but that has been resolved, issues are now parking which would tie in with the mention of multi storey car park mentioned earlier in the thread, and they are a little worried what they may find when digging up raw dykes road, which from my guess work means the family stand will undergo expansion at some point as well, potentially blocking raw dykes and creating a dead end from either direction with access to car parks only.

Told that the owners have now set a new 5-10 year plan to see us make europe on a regular basis and the funds and wages we have at our disposal are gonna be up there with the best, let's hope they spend it wisely this time, apparently the owners increase in personal wealth and the mystery chinese backer that has often been mentioned in the past are willing to bankroll some serious changes on and off the pitch.

Only putting this on here so I can look back and see if this is right or wrong. If he's right then I will be tapping them up again.

Exciting times and it's good to see Top and Vichai are here for the long haul, have they considered potentially a new stadium or if that off the agenda?

Thanks for sharing and hope it's true. Was a bit gutted after reading the Mercury article suggesting any expansion is on hold. We really need to have a bigger stadium if we are to compete at the top end of the table. Fingers and everything else crossed you're right!:scarf:

I don't  get fans obsession with how long it might take to recover the building costs through increased revenue, 5,6 7, years?

I doubt any football ground was ever built with the expectation of getting a full return so quickly, certainly not the KP. 

Surely what's  important is that we increase the number of long term core supporters.

I also don't  agree with the atmosphere argument where the most important aspect is what's happening on the pitch and the fans expectation. We would have had just as good an atmosphere these last few seasons even if we'd only had 25k.

17 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Exciting times and it's good to see Top and Vichai are here for the long haul, have they considered potentially a new stadium or if that off the agenda?

Off the agenda apparently. I asked myself as still see that as the best way to get the stadium they want but it's a no go i'm told.

Also expect them to play serious hard ball with mahrez they understand his desire to play cl football. But if he decides to move to a non cl club they will be asking for 50 million plus.

Don't rule out him being persuaded to stay if our transfer plans pay off.

Be interesting to see if all this info is correct.

15 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Off the agenda apparently. I asked myself as still see that as the best way to get the stadium they want but it's a no go i'm told.

Also expect them to play serious hard ball with mahrez they understand his desire to play cl football. But if he decides to move to a non cl club they will be asking for 50 million plus.

Don't rule out him being persuaded to stay if our transfer plans pay off.

Be interesting to see if all this info is correct.

I am sure you have been told in good faith, Its good to hear man, very excited about our future, it's good that the owners have taken their time and stock to see and plan for the next stage.

RE Mahrez it makes sense, i hope our transfer plans pay off! :)

Does your source have any info re Shakey? I suspect he has the job.

24 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So we let the club stagnate because it's a closed shop and thousands of people will not get a chance to watch us live. Possibly turning to cov the sheep or florist.

We took a risk on 60+M worth of players last season and on there showings so far would be lucky to get 30m back.

Everything about owning a club is luck not one thing is certain. I guess another 60m plus will be spent over the coming weeks then the 3/5 yrs wages that go with it and nothing is certain.

But we could invest the Kante profit to possibly give the club and our fans a future. Or we just stick to the lucky select few and wait for someone to die.

No, you're taking what I said out of context. I didn't suggest that we shouldn't proceed, I just explained that it's not a decision that should be made hastily. Purely from a business perspective the numbers aren't encouraging. That doesn't mean that it shouldn't happen just that further consideration should be taken. 

Out of interest, would you still be in favour of this if that owner's decided that they'll add another tier on the East Stand but in-order to pay for it existing season tickets will increase by £100 per year, match day tickets by £10, and the new tier will be classed as a premium area with season tickets starting at £700? If this happened is there not an argument that it would still be a closed shop with the extra tickets being picked up by tourists desperate to satisfy their need for PL football with loyal fans on lower incomes priced out? I'm not saying that this would/is likely to happen but it has happened elsewhere, Arsenal being the prime example.

As for stagnation I don't want our club to stagnate, but conversely I don't believe the size of the stadium alone defines how successful the club is. 

As for your suggestion that everything is down to luck, I'd strongly disagree with you on this point. Success comes about as a result of having a clear vision, good leadership, excellent planning and organisation, effective execution, etc. It is no coincidence that the teams at the top of the league are generally well managed, and those that go down are often in a state of disarray. Whilst I don't entirely dismiss the theory that luck does play a part, I do believe that you create your own luck, and I certainly believe that our own title win was more down to good planning and organisation than it was down to luck.

36 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I am sure you have been told in good faith, Its good to hear man, very excited about our future, it's good that the owners have taken their time and stock to see and plan for the next stage.

RE Mahrez it makes sense, i hope our transfer plans pay off! :)

Does your source have any info re Shakey? I suspect he has the job.

He says he has it. Personally I'm still a little sceptical as I wonder if they plan to aim big they do need someone else, not sure shakey and the club have the lure other than paying mega bucks if they want to be taken seriously, that's not my personal opinion on him as such just trying to look at it from the outside.

If you have Koeman selling Everton to you and Shakey selling Leicester on the same money with similar ambitions, who as someone with no attachment to either club do you sign for?

If you have Pep selling Leicester you probably make a different choice, (yes it was and example people) Pep is not coming to Leicester, however if the Mockery run this story you heard it here 1st lol 

1 hour ago, ian_marshall said:

No, you're taking what I said out of context. I didn't suggest that we shouldn't proceed, I just explained that it's not a decision that should be made hastily. Purely from a business perspective the numbers aren't encouraging. That doesn't mean that it shouldn't happen just that further consideration should be taken. 

Out of interest, would you still be in favour of this if that owner's decided that they'll add another tier on the East Stand but in-order to pay for it existing season tickets will increase by £100 per year, match day tickets by £10, and the new tier will be classed as a premium area with season tickets starting at £700? If this happened is there not an argument that it would still be a closed shop with the extra tickets being picked up by tourists desperate to satisfy their need for PL football with loyal fans on lower incomes priced out? I'm not saying that this would/is likely to happen but it has happened elsewhere, Arsenal being the prime example.

As for stagnation I don't want our club to stagnate, but conversely I don't believe the size of the stadium alone defines how successful the club is. 

As for your suggestion that everything is down to luck, I'd strongly disagree with you on this point. Success comes about as a result of having a clear vision, good leadership, excellent planning and organisation, effective execution, etc. It is no coincidence that the teams at the top of the league are generally well managed, and those that go down are often in a state of disarray. Whilst I don't entirely dismiss the theory that luck does play a part, I do believe that you create your own luck, and I certainly believe that our own title win was more down to good planning and organisation than it was down to luck.

I've took nothing you said out of context you put forward very good reasons why the owners could be against it.

My comment about luck was not ment as in everything we do. But look at our transfers Mahrrz 400k I bet not even Walsh could have forseen his worth now. I bet we never thought we would lose Kante when we agreed the release clause.

I would also bet we expected more from Slim and Mendy than we got. Musa atm just seems like a waste of money.

I don't think last summers signings was bad scouting as I think all will come good. But I will use the word luck as I cant think of another to use. With a little more luck all three would have been great signings already.

If there's any doubt about regularly filling an extra 10,000 seats then how about the club asking the fans who want this expansion to consider showing their commitment (to the project, I know we already show plenty of commitment in all kinds of ways) by signing up to a five year ticket come rain or shine, on an interest free credit plan so that it doesn't require immediate funds for the purchaser. Who would sign up for this? Looking at the new membership / ticketing policies the club would probably prefer to use the points system as a waiting list for at least a good proportion of the new seats which is comletely understandable and it's against my political beliefs to suggest a swanky club Wembley type ticket which big businessmen will gobble up and use to entertain clients etc (there is already corporate hospitality anyway) I'm simply saying if the owners doubt the demand is there then call our bluff, who would sign up for five years, put it out there and gauge the interest. It's not so much the financial input (5x£650/£700 would bring in £16.25-£17.5 million if applied to half of the new seats) but would be an opportunity to make a show of faith #"We're in this together",#"Come rain or shine", #"Taking the s**t with the smooth" etc. At least half of the other tickets go to the points based list and after five years I don't know, either offer to revert to season tickets or another five year commitment.

it would also be nice to get back to the days where people could decide on the day, or at least in the week of the match that they want to go along, or for those who do anyway that they have the ability to bring a crowd of mates and extended families to go along without needing to decide five weeks beforehand. If that confidence of availability was there then I believe every last seat would be taken every time Huddersfield or Chelsea. It would be a culture change which if complemented by the five year plan and the points priority system suddenly makes 10,000 not seem enough!

On 08/06/2017 at 08:33, Bayfox said:

Gonna put it out there and say, I was told yesterday the owners still plan to expand and talks with the council are on going to make sure plans get passed quicker ie are submitted and acceptable rather than get rejected and stretch the time frame.

I'm told it's a 3 phase development/expansion plan. But planning for 1st phase at least will be submitted soon and they hope to start work soon, apparently the foundations were an issue as we cut costs as everyone knows, but that has been resolved, issues are now parking which would tie in with the mention of multi storey car park mentioned earlier in the thread, and they are a little worried what they may find when digging up raw dykes road, which from my guess work means the family stand will undergo expansion at some point as well, potentially blocking raw dykes and creating a dead end from either direction with access to car parks only.

Told that the owners have now set a new 5-10 year plan to see us make europe on a regular basis and the funds and wages we have at our disposal are gonna be up there with the best, let's hope they spend it wisely this time, apparently the owners increase in personal wealth and the mystery chinese backer that has often been mentioned in the past are willing to bankroll some serious changes on and off the pitch.

Only putting this on here so I can look back and see if this is right or wrong. If he's right then I will be tapping them up again.

I was talking to a driver of the mystery Chinese investors in the car park last year, had a 300 k Bentley 4x4 so I didn't doubt him. Reckoned they are seriously loaded and we're looking to put a big investment into the club.

Sounds very positive 

hope it's true  :thumbup:

15 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

We should have a poll to determine whether we should have a new poll or not....

I'm uncertain on whether people want a poll to determine whether we should have a new poll. I think a poll on my uncertainties is required.

This being Leicester they should surely these days be factoring in archeological finds into any sort of development work! We're one of only 3 places in the U.K. with permanent settlements going back 2000 years!

The council should implement the following plan with every development

1. Dig up 3ft of ground. 

2. Find summat. 

3. Give the archeologists 3 months to investigate then move to Jewry Museum

4. Start actual work on development. 

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 08:33, Bayfox said:

I hope what you were told is true and we are looking into an expansion.

The only bit I don't get is how we have resolved the issues with the foundations.

That surely would take lengthy building work.

All this talk of expending the King Power Stadium is great and what is needed if this Club is to go forward.

Might I also add that it could have been paid for had we not squandered big money on certain players who have not come up to the mark.

Archived