Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

All this talk of expending the King Power Stadium is great and what is needed if this Club is to go forward.

Might I also add that it could have been paid for had we not squandered big money on certain players who have not come up to the mark.

And if your aunt was your uncle she would have bollox.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I hope what you were told is true and we are looking into an expansion.

The only bit I don't get is how we have resolved the issues with the foundations.

That surely would take lengthy building work.

owners chopper and a big rope solved the problem.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

The only bit I don't get is how we have resolved the issues with the foundations.

Thats all i was told. They may have found away to strengthen them once they start work on a certain stand. I'm no building contractor so wouldn't have a clue.

Seems he's off to a good start with is backing shakey and looks like we are keen to sort the areas we didn't last summer and with pl experience.

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 08:33, Bayfox said:

Gonna put it out there and say, I was told yesterday the owners still plan to expand and talks with the council are on going to make sure plans get passed quicker ie are submitted and acceptable rather than get rejected and stretch the time frame.

I'm told it's a 3 phase development/expansion plan. But planning for 1st phase at least will be submitted soon and they hope to start work soon, apparently the foundations were an issue as we cut costs as everyone knows, but that has been resolved, issues are now parking which would tie in with the mention of multi storey car park mentioned earlier in the thread, and they are a little worried what they may find when digging up raw dykes road, which from my guess work means the family stand will undergo expansion at some point as well, potentially blocking raw dykes and creating a dead end from either direction with access to car parks only.

Told that the owners have now set a new 5-10 year plan to see us make europe on a regular basis and the funds and wages we have at our disposal are gonna be up there with the best, let's hope they spend it wisely this time, apparently the owners increase in personal wealth and the mystery chinese backer that has often been mentioned in the past are willing to bankroll some serious changes on and off the pitch.

Only putting this on here so I can look back and see if this is right or wrong. If he's right then I will be tapping them up again.

Really hope this comes to fruition. It will be great for us supporters if the owners do have such ambitious plans for the short, medium & long term. 

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 08:33, Bayfox said:

Told that the owners have now set a new 5-10 year plan to see us make europe on a regular basis and the funds and wages we have at our disposal are gonna be up there with the best, let's hope they spend it wisely this time, apparently the owners increase in personal wealth and the mystery chinese backer that has often been mentioned in the past are willing to bankroll some serious changes on and off the pitch.

Only putting this on here so I can look back and see if this is right or wrong. If he's right then I will be tapping them up again.

Purely for pedantry, I thought he was Indonesian ??

4 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Thats all i was told. They may have found away to strengthen them once they start work on a certain stand. I'm no building contractor so wouldn't have a clue.

Seems he's off to a good start with is backing shakey and looks like we are keen to sort the areas we didn't last summer and with pl experience.

I suspect the original idea was to go up and build on the stand and because of cost cutting this idea went out the window, now they've found a way to cantilever a new stand behind an existing stand it means they can put new footings in

If there way actually any strong indication that an expansion was happening/is going to happen, would've imagined further details would've been released after certain periods to keep everyone interested updated?

Sadly, it just feels like spark without any fire happening at the moment on this, despite the initially the owners, apparently, agreeing to expand at some point.

Think it is fare to say the owners are ambitious and plan to have us challenging for Europe on a regular basis and certainly to make us the biggest club in the Midlands. Gate receipts are not the be all and end all for clubs now. However to show real intent to rivals and potential  new signings an expansion has to happen. Get it right and it has to be a positive for the club. Aim to go as high as you can and even if it means juggling ticket prices if the ground could get to around 50k with the right atmosphere it should really help the club going forward

On 8 June 2017 at 15:33, Bayfox said:

Gonna put it out there and say, I was told yesterday the owners still plan to expand and talks with the council are on going to make sure plans get passed quicker ie are submitted and acceptable rather than get rejected and stretch the time frame.

I'm told it's a 3 phase development/expansion plan. But planning for 1st phase at least will be submitted soon and they hope to start work soon, apparently the foundations were an issue as we cut costs as everyone knows, but that has been resolved, issues are now parking which would tie in with the mention of multi storey car park mentioned earlier in the thread, and they are a little worried what they may find when digging up raw dykes road, which from my guess work means the family stand will undergo expansion at some point as well, potentially blocking raw dykes and creating a dead end from either direction with access to car parks only.

Ah the beautiful game. ?

Another point to remember is the owners don't  do things by half they want the best see their polo team.

As much as the KP is still new and in decent condition everyone knows it was completed on the cheap. How anyone can like the front which looks like a purpose built Coventry students accommodation.

So I'm sure irrespective of numbers they'll want to upgrade the looks and general facilities.

On 15/06/2017 at 07:59, davieG said:

Another point to remember is the owners don't  do things by half they want the best see their polo team.

As much as the KP is still new and in decent condition everyone knows it was completed on the cheap. How anyone can like the front which looks like a purpose built Coventry students accommodation.

So I'm sure irrespective of numbers they'll want to upgrade the looks and general facilities.

Fair point davieG

On 14/06/2017 at 15:18, sylofox said:

No wonder the KP bounces like it does if the foundations are dodgy !!

But if the foundations were done on the cheap would they be able to stand up to an expansion ??

It's just going to be a wait and see now to find out if we do either expand or rebuild ?

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

No wonder the KP bounces like it does if the foundations are dodgy !!

But if the foundations were done on the cheap would they be able to stand up to an expansion ??

It's just going to be a wait and see now to find out if we do either expand or rebuild ?

Im no builder but having seen some documentaries on buildings around the world I don't believe any corners have or were cut on the foundations.

The fact its so close to the river if corners were cut it would be sinking now. Look at san Paolo where the high rise blocks look like the should be in pisa.

Savings may have been made but that would have been leaving block work exposed and not covering with fancy brick work or cladding.

If the foundations are not right it falls down. Also foundations would be the first job. If we knew then we had no money why build it.

On 6/14/2017 at 22:27, Bayfox said:

Only what i was told and i had always been lead to believe he was chinese.

Screenshot_20170614-222642.jpg

If this was the case we would be spending like the Sheikh and Roman.

I very much doubt this is true.

6 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Surely FFP would prevent any astronomical spending anyway?

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Surely FFP would prevent any astronomical spending anyway?

There is always ways and means and if you are rich enough you swallow the fine ala Man City.

But point taken therefore if there is a mystery backer it would make sense to increase our match day revenue to in theory give ourselves a bigger budget on transfers.

7 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Yeah of course missed the bit where we are a london or manchester club with a 40k plus ground and a naming rights deal that bends the rules and season tickets cost about 700 quid.

Let's wait and see.

On 17/06/2017 at 20:22, Bayfox said:

Yeah of course missed the bit where we are a london or manchester club with a 40k plus ground and a naming rights deal that bends the rules and season tickets cost about 700 quid.

Let's wait and see.

Mine was £640 ?

Archived