Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Kara Mbodj

Without sounding like I am making a sweeping generalisation I am not convinced by African defenders in the Premier League, and in the top leagues as a whole. Usually they are strong and fast but technically lacking and make mistakes. Even the most decorated African Centre back in Kolo Toure is not the most reliable. I have not seen anything of this chap, but I do have reservations.

So already you don't want him because he's African?

Wow....

So already you don't want him because he's African?

Wow....

Can definitely see his point although it'd be a bit harsh to write someone off on that basis. African players do tend to be far more physical than technical.

Can definitely see his point although it'd be a bit harsh to write someone off on that basis. African players do tend to be far more physical than technical.

So if Huth was African should he write him off then? Huth is shit technically but no one cares because he's a f**king brick house!

Did some digging Etienne Mendy his agent looks very much like the guy standing next to the Italian agent at the training ground also represents Kante

Would make sense with what bert said about how kante may have been having a look around the training facilities yesterday

In fairness, African players have been more robust, physical athletes rather than tatical and technical maestros. A good example of this last year would be Kouyate, or even our Schlupp at a push! But that is a stereotype and African football is becoming less tactically inept compared to european football ie look at Song, in exactly the same team as Kouyate.

So if Huth was African should he write him off then? Huth is shit technically but no one cares because he's a f**king brick house!

But Huth isn't African so how is that relevant?

I actually see his point, there have been plenty of African defenders who have been utter tosh in the Prem and not too many class ones, Lucas Radebe and Toure are the best that spring to mind. Not saying this fella would fail but I'm sure he'd be a raw talent that needs some polishing up to make it in the Prem

Archived