Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Leicester Match Of The Day Thread 2015/2016

Kevin Kilbane: "It's an amazing transformation - I think they (Leicester) might have won more premier league points than anyone else this year as well"

Talk about stating the obvious. What a muppet

He meant the calendar year.

And the penalty for Newcastle further highlights the shitness of the handball law.

Morons on MOTD think hand balls should be given everytime it touches a hand or arm? would ruin the game, you'd just have players firing the ball at each others arms surely

I would love to see someone with the skill to pull this off regularly.

Pundits seem to have forgotten that the rule is for deliberate handball, that is to say the rule is intended to prevent players catching the ball or parrying the ball. It was never ever intended to penalise any contact between arm and ball.

you don't think players can fire a ball at someones arm from a few yards away easily?

Lets suppose someone can fire the ball at someones arm from close range.

Whether they intend to handle it, whether their arms are up or down, surely if that stops a shot on goal, or the ball reaching a team mate, the attacking team have been dsadvantaged, and a penalty would be fair? no?

Whether they intend to handle it, whether their arms are up or down, surely if that stops a shot on goal, or the ball reaching a team mate, the attacking team have been dsadvantaged, and a penalty would be fair? no?

No. If a player makes no attempt to block the ball then it shouldn't be a penalty, you can't penalise people for having limbs.

It's not difficult. Even for an amateur. A professional would be able to do that almost every single time. If an attacker is down by the byline and has a big defender in his way. He knows he can't beat him and any cross would be blocked. In that situation he's definitely going to be aiming for the defender's arm.

That's not really what I said though is it? I was saying how players would abuse the rule to get cheap penalties. Although I do still disagree, personally think penalties should only be awarded for intentional handball.

No. If a player makes no attempt to block the ball then it shouldn't be a penalty, you can't penalise people for having limbs.

If a player jumps, and makes no attempt to block the ball, he just jumps, and the ball hits his hand preventing a shot going on target, that has to be a penalty.

If a player jumps, and makes no attempt to block the ball, he just jumps, and the ball hits his hand preventing a shot going on target, that has to be a penalty.

No it doesn't.

And the penalty for Newcastle further highlights the shitness of the handball law.

I would love to see someone with the skill to pull this off regularly.

There, at 14:35:

Believe me mate one doesn't need to have Baggio's skills to pull this off. If done on regular basis, this would turn the old game into a proper circus ;)

Also: Hurrah for the ex-Man-in-Plastic-Mask! At least Spurs could vote and have a feeling they won something :D

You clearly do not know what handball is.

You clearly do not know what handball is.

Neither do referees. Or anyone. Including you.

Because it can be anything. As the decisions prove.

Just to clarify too, the quote is attributed to what handball SHOULD be given for, not what it is ACTUALLY covered by in the laws, in my opinion

Neither do referees. Or anyone. Including you.

Because it can be anything. As the decisions prove.

Handball - When a player has delibarately used an arm or hand to gain an advantage by handling the ball.

Both decisions called right today, Simpson didn't know much about where the ball was and didn't gain an advantage because it would have hit him on the side and landed in a position for him to clear anyway.

Huth, well the ball is smashed across and while it is an advantage that he blocked the ball with his hand there was no intent, it was two relatively easy decisions to make

Handball - When a player has delibarately used an arm or hand to gain an advantage by handling the ball.

As discussed in match thread.

Mbemba has ball headed against hand from 6 inches away by Fellaini, not looking to gain advanage. Penalty Given.

Sterling jumps up and turns around in process of stopping cross vs Spurs. Not looking to gain advantage. Penalty Given.

Nathan Dyer loses track of ball vs Spurs in FA Cup. Ball brushes hand. Not looking to gain advantage. Penalty Given.

On the flip side......

Oxlade Chamberlain controls a loose ball in the box v Olympiakos with his upper arm. Looks to gain advantage by controlling the ball. Nothing.

John Terry rushes out to block a shot in the 1-1 draw with man utd. Ball deflects away for a corner after hitting his arm. Is making an attempt to stop a shot. Nothing.

Yet when Cissokho of Aston Villa rushes to block a shot from much closer distance vs us in the 1-1 draw......penalty given.

Diego Costa Champions League away to Porto. Defender blocks his touch that would take it around him away for a corner with his arm. Defender trying to gain advantage by blocking Costa's touch. Nothing.

On a different day and a different referee, every single decision could have been reversed.

We would ALL  be shouting our heads off for the two handballs today. No one has a clue what handball is.

Handball law is a joke and has to be ammended.

As discussed in match thread.

Mbemba has ball headed against hand from 6 inches away by Fellaini, not looking to gain advanage. Penalty Given.

Sterling jumps up and turns around in process of stopping cross vs Spurs. Not looking to gain advantage. Penalty Given.

Nathan Dyer loses track of ball vs Spurs in FA Cup. Ball brushes hand. Not looking to gain advantage. Penalty Given.

On the flip side......

Oxlade Chamberlain controls a loose ball in the box v Olympiakos with his upper arm. Nothing.

John Terry rushes out to block a shot in the 1-1 draw with man utd. Ball deflects away for a corner after hitting his arm. Is making an attempt to stop a shot. Nothing.

Yet when Cissokho of Aston Villa rushes to block a shot from much closer distance vs us in the 1-1 draw......penalty given.

Diego Costa Champions League away to Porto. Defender blocks his touch that would take it around him away for a corner with his arm. Nothing.

On a different day and a different referee, every single decision could have been reversed.

Handball law is a joke and has to be ammended.

The rule isn't a joke, it is down to the referee calling it wrong like many other decisions they quite often get wrong in a game

The rule isn't a joke, it is down to the referee calling it wrong like many other decisions they quite often get wrong in a game

Its because how can the referee call it? Its so ambiguous its impossible to call. And because its a judegement call, how can it ever be wrong? its correct in his judgement, which is completely different to the next referee. So there is zero consistency.

I fully expected to be called an arse on here for my comment that Simpson appeared (in my eyes having seen a replay after the game) to make a momevement to push the ball away today with his hand.

I flick on match of the day and Kevin Kilbane agrees. Yet plenty others say his hand was totally natural.

The Huth one hes had the ball kicked at him from a yard away. Everyone is saying that people getting penalties just for it hitting the hand would be ridiculous, and the southampton fan comes on the match thread and says its a stone waller, and a poster agrees with him.

When you have something that is THAT unclear, how can it be good for the game?

Archived