Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

I am English through and through but unfortunantly have no interest in the England football team since post 1996. Big team and overated player bias really winds me up. Says it all when Englands supposed all time record scorer is that overated lump Rooney. A man who has never performed for England at any major tournament rarely scoring a goal.

I for one will not be upset if Vardy does not start. Would rather have him fit and ready to go for us LCFC.

Logic says it should be Vardy and Walcott up front for England. Unfortunately Woy will go with Kane, Walcott and Sterling.

Getting bored of people being upset at Vardy not being included in England teams.  Surely you'd have learnt after the last international break when everyone was angry that he wasn't going to be included only for him to be in the starting 11 come team-sheet revelation time.

Wait a few hours then see if there's any reason to be upset.

Unfortunately its heavily predicted that it will be sterling and walcott either side of Kane tonight.

This is such a shame if true and terrible that the in form striker in the premiership and top scorer cant get ahead of a one season wonder and i stick by that i don't think Kane will beat that season last year. Talented YES, world beater NO.

The problem is that the players at the bigger clubs get the backing from the media and pundits who are ex_players of those same clubs. England has a history of picking names instead of in-form players and it looks like it's going to continue...

Am i the only one who things Walcott will start up front and Vardy on the wing?

I think Kane will start. He is the England saviour - the future of England etc....

Absolute farce. Pick the best to win the Game/Tournament, playing for the future has never worked.

For me it's pointless Vardy being in the squad if he isn't going to be given a chance as a striker. He's earned the right to play for England through playing as a striker, with balls played to him to run onto to. Yet when playing for England he's playing out-wide with balls to his feet, he'll never impress in that role.

He isn't a flexible player, so if you are going to give him a chance at international level then play him in his preferred (and only) role. 

How come Harry Kane is a "one season wonder" having scored about a goal a game over a six month period but Vardy isn't, despite having had about 3 good months in the premier league over the same timescale as Kane?

What makes people so confident that "one season wonder" is a fair brush to tar Kane with but not Vardy?

Vardy is in a great vein of form right now and I'd want him in the squad for Euro 2016 if he can sustain anything like his current form to the end of the season simply because of the option he gives us on the counter, but you can't bin off a striker who scored 30 goals last season (and has yet to have a proper crack at the England team) just because he's not scored much this season.

Vardy's time will hopefully (and should if Roy isn't totally brain dead) come when we play these high profile friendliest over the next few months against teams who will take the game to England.

Kane really isn't woeful. He's an old fashioned striker. He's an instinct finisher. He isn't the type to make things happen but that's just him. Give him the ball in the box and more times than not he will put it in the back of the net. If your looking for a woeful striker at the moment then look no further than okazaki.

How come Harry Kane is a "one season wonder" having scored about a goal a game over a six month period but Vardy isn't, despite having had about 3 good months in the premier league over the same timescale as Kane?

What makes people so confident that "one season wonder" is a fair brush to tar Kane with but not Vardy?

Vardy is in a great vein of form right now and I'd want him in the squad for Euro 2016 if he can sustain anything like his current form to the end of the season simply because of the option he gives us on the counter, but you can't bin off a striker who scored 30 goals last season (and has yet to have a proper crack at the England team) just because he's not scored much this season.

Vardy's time will hopefully (and should if Roy isn't totally brain dead) come when we play these high profile friendliest over the next few months against teams who will take the game to England.

cos harry kane is shit mate and vardy is good

lol people thinking Vardy should play ahead of Kane. I know your bias but really lol

Why is that funny? Why should a Striker (top Goal scorer) playing in great form since August playing in the same league as the other striker not be played? 

Archived