Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

Vardy has had about 20 mins against Ireland upfront then 90 mins on the left wing, hardly a fare comparison to Kane who always comes on in his prime role

Harry Kane didn't have the luxury of playing against Franco the milk man for 90 minutes.

And it was left forward.

And as I've already said this just further highlights the fact he doesn't fit.

I am just repeating myself now so I'm giving up

I normally try and be unbais when things like this crop up, I like to 'remove' myself from LCFC and try and look for an outside point of view but i'm sorry Vardy pisses all over the mouthbreather on current form and on that basis simply deserves to start tonight.

Besides ok we want a 100% record for England but we're qualified, what's the point in picking him if your not gonna give him a crack (in his proper position)?

That said I think he'll struggle in these two game, they're not his 'type' of games, sounds stupid but he'd be better and shine in the next set of friendlies that are coming up against better opposition.

Gonna get a fiver on first goalscorer though - hopefully Betfred are doing double delight/hat trick heaven (anyone know if they are?)

Harry Kane didn't have the luxury of playing against Franco the milk man for 90 minutes.

And it was left forward.

left forward/left wing it's still not playing as a central striker is it? regardless of who he was against, he wasn't put in the best position to succeed, Kane was

And it was left forward.

Wow!

What is it with you and Vardy/Kane.

Seems a lot of people are giving you reasonable arguments but you ain't for turning. 

I won't waste my time any longer and suggest others don't bother either.

left forward/left wing it's still not playing as a central striker is it? regardless of who he was against, he wasn't put in the best position to succeed, Kane was

I'd say left forwarded for a whole game against a part time defence is a much better opportunity than anything that's been handed to Kane and he has three international goals in four appearances (all from the bench?) and with that recent goal scoring record deserves to start.

Anyway, Kane will start I'd imagine, as the England team isn't run by blinkered Leicester City fans. Hopefully Vardy gets on and scores.

It also sounds like he didn't actually watch the San Marino match properly - all Vardy had the chance to do against San Marino, was to demonstrate his running/positioning without the ball - because no-one (Shaw in particular) passed it to him when they could/should have.  There's a reason most of the main attacks and goals (Kane's in particular) came down the right hand side - because that's where the ball actually got passed forward.

Since England had most possession - if no England player passed him the ball, he never got it, because the opportunity to take from the opposition wasn't there.

Because vardy has shown quality in other seasons in lower divisions while kanes greatest contribution prior to last season was for a shot to accidentally hit him in the face and go in.

Kane is very much the definition of one season wonder, looks like a donkey and plays like one. Vardy meanwhile has shown that given a couple of months to adjust and not played in some moronic "0-0 our way to safety" formation that he'll get goals and assists.

Kane is what? 21? It's not that surprising he has had only one good season by that age.

I would be surprised if he ever got over 20 league goals again because, like you say, something about him is just a bit shit. He has no turn of pace and last season seemed to just bundle through challenges rather than offering any pace or skill, and everything he hit seemed to go in (Huth og at White Hart Lane a case in point). It seemed last year almost like he'd done a deal with the devil (the fact that he looks slightly Satanic probably makes me think that too).

But I still think describing him as a "one season wonder" just 8 games after that season finished is very harsh and Vardy has done no more in his career in the top flight to suggest he's any less of a one season wonder than Kane. Criticise his form all you like, but "one season wonder" just seems like a weird stick to beat Roy/Kane with when you're championing the merits of Vardy.

yeah wanting the leagues top scorer to be given a chance in HIS best position is so blinkered of me.

If you are going to call someone up put them in their best role to succeed or just don't bother

I'd say left forwarded for a whole game against a part time defence is a much better opportunity than anything that's been handed to Kane and he has three international goals in four appearances (all from the bench?) and with that recent goal scoring record deserves to start.

Yeah but then you remember he's a floppy fringed dick head and it all becomes clear.

I'd say left forwarded for a whole game against a part time defence is a much better opportunity than anything that's been handed to Kane and he has three international goals in four appearances (all from the bench?) and with that recent goal scoring record deserves to start.

Anyway, Kane will start I'd imagine, as the England team isn't run by blinkered Leicester City fans. Hopefully Vardy gets on and scores.

whether you think what you think or not you can't say we can't judge vardy on "a 2 month purple patch" but then judge kane on "four appearances (all from the bench?)", surely? 

whether you think what you think or not you can't say we can't judge vardy on "a 2 month purple patch" but then judge kane on "four appearances (all from the bench?)", surely? 

Where have I said you can't judge him on a 2 month purple patch lol of course that has to be taken into account that's one of the reasons he's got his call up.

I have said that Kanes season last season and his performances from the bench for England are just a better reason to start him than a 2 month purple patch. That is all.

It makes me laugh because pretty much for the entirety of last season while Kane was the topping every goal scoring chart going for pretty much the whole season yet you'd struggle to find a poster on here that thought he was worthy of a start in a England shirt. Fast forward to now and Vardy should be a shoe in because he's got a few early goals and is top of the scorers charts. I think some of you have it in for ugly people.

Well to be honest no, as Harry Kane scored about 30 goals in all comps last season and Vardy got about 4, and Kane is taking his chances for England better, and suits the style of play much better.

But this isn't last season?!?!?!?!

Surely you pick the most on form players at the time? We cant/shouldn't be waiting for players to drop out of form before dropping them. Just pick the players who will do the beat job and right now the evidence is stacked in Vardy favour. 7 in 8 is Aguero, Messi, Ronaldo form. 1 (open goal) in 8 is Harry Kane at Leicester form.

Kane offers decent work rate and is good in the air but Vardy offers much more while in actual goalscoring form.

But this isn't last season?!?!?!?!

Surely you pick the most on form players at the time? We cant/shouldn't be waiting for players to drop out of form before dropping them. Just pick the players who will do the beat job and right now the evidence is stacked in Vardy favour. 7 in 8 is Aguero, Messi, Ronaldo form. 1 (open goal) in 8 is Harry Kane at Leicester form.

Kane offers decent work rate and is good in the air but Vardy offers much more while in actual goalscoring form.

Yes but he is the same player just struggling for goal scoring form (although not in an England shirt)

No you haven't got to pick in form players, when have we ever picked in form players all of the time, this argument has LITERALLY just arisen because the player in form is Jamie Vardy, No one called for Austin to get a call up last season, I didn't see anyone clambering for Kane to get a start when he was top of every goal scoring league table going, and these are players that scored a lot more goals over a longer period of time. This argument is solely being used because we are talking about a Leicester player.

I am stopping now as I am going the sodding pub, you've all stressed me out.

I wonder if people are as annoyed with the fact that the Captain tonight, Gary Cahill, is clearly bang out of form and playing in one of the worst defences in the league, whilst someone like Scott Dann is clearly in form and playing in the joint best defence in the league, didn't even make the squad let alone is going to start ahead of Cahill, as they are with the thought that Kane is starting ahead of Vardy tonight.

Or is that different?

I wonder if people are as annoyed with the fact that the Captain tonight, Gary Cahill, is clearly bang out of form and playing in one of the worst defences in the league, whilst someone like Scott Dann is clearly in form and playing in the joint best defence in the league, didn't even make the squad let alone is going to start ahead of Cahill, as they are with the thought that Kane is starting ahead of Vardy tonight.

Or is that different?

are we as invested in that? no, would we argue against it? no I wouldn't.

Can't say I knew Dann was the key to their defence

Vardy's England career will probably be a few appearances as a sub mixed in with being shoved out on the left/ right, maybe nicking a goal but not having a great impact.

He'll have his caps and all the glory of coming from nowhere to represent his country but realistically he's well down the order if players are fit no matter how many he scores.

He is a limited striker (but does what he does very well and effectively) and I think England might limit him further.

Fookin Hell!

He last few pages indicate Pablo digging a hole ever deeper....lol

I maintain, I'd play Vardy over Kane at present. He's on-form for club (he can't be judged for country as he's not played enough games surely?) and clearly hungry in every game he plays.

However, Roy's gone for Kane and over that I have no surprise..its Roy.

BUT, I'm not bothered to be honest. As I said earlier in the thread, I'd rather Vardy not play much in this game. It's meaningless and I don't want him injured for next weekend.

Archived