Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

I think Vardy would be a lot more useful in a competition against better teams who play football than these friendlys and qualifiers.

Imagine he against Germany, Brazil, Italy etc.. would be a nightmare, that's where he will be at his best imo but I doubt he will even get the chance, hopefully Roy has some balls and Vardy keeps on progressing.

Agree- better against better teams. Not teams which park the bus where he has no space to run into. I could see him doing really well in a tournament, rather than these qualifiers against very poor teams.

Agree- better against better teams. Not teams which park the bus where he has no space to run into. I could see him doing really well in a tournament, rather than these qualifiers against very poor teams.

Edit: didn't see the later posts. Soory foor repetition.

I don't want him to play for England at the moment. We've qualified. The game is meaningless AND I don't want him to get injured.

I want him to play. If he can get his name on the scoresheet it justifies his inclusion. The longer he goes without scoring for England the more chance he has of not going to the Tournament as Hodgson wont introduce a counter attacking system.

If he can score a counter attacking goal then for me that will be enough to convince Hodgson to take him in the summer. Even if its a plan B. If we dont score a counter attacking goal he will be more inclined to stick with the system we currently use which against the better teams we get found out.

I can see Walcott and Vardy flourishing in an England set up that counters the better teams. Nows the time to put it into practise.

I want him to play. If he can get his name on the scoresheet it justifies his inclusion. The longer he goes without scoring for England the more chance he has of not going to the Tournament as Hodgson wont introduce a counter attacking system.

If he can score a counter attacking goal then for me that will be enough to convince Hodgson to take him in the summer. Even if its a plan B. If we dont score a counter attacking goal he will be more inclined to stick with the system we currently use which against the better teams we get found out.

I can see Walcott and Vardy flourishing in an England set up that counters the better teams. Nows the time to put it into practise.

If Rooney and Sturridge are both fit come the start of the tournament they'll play. They will be the strike partnership.

Vardy will probably only start in this game because Rooney is injured.

I think you're right...Hodgson doesn't choose a counter-attacking system and I doubt will change that for the tournament just to include Vardy.

I maintain, this game is a dead rubber. It's meaningless. I'd hate to see Vardy play, get injured and potentially scupper our season because of it. And you know Vardy...if he plays he'll be giving it his all (he can't play any other way).

Archived