Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

I think Vardy on current form is far more dangerous than Kane. I'd play him over Kane any day of the week at present.

For club. (even that is very fickle. You don't judge players on the last 2 months when picking international teams)

For country, who play completely different to us, Harry Kane has 3 in 3 and Jamie Vardy got marked out of his one competitive game by a postman.

I think Vardy on current form is far more dangerous than Kane. I'd play him over Kane any day of the week at present.

His confidence is sky high and he is banging in goals. Kane has scored 2 goals this season one of them being a own goal, I bet he took some stick from the fans scoring that OG :D

But I cant see why he wouldn't start Vardy unless his style doesn't fit into England's boring pass the ball keep possession style  

For club. (even that is very fickle. You don't judge players on the last 2 months when picking international teams)

For country, who play completely different to us, Harry Kane has 3 in 3 and Jamie Vardy got marked out of his one competitive game by a postman.

I've never heard anything so funny in my life.

How can you be in form for a country when you play perhaps 4 to 6 times a year - obviously Kane hasn't.

Being in-form is about how you are playing at the moment not whether you scored a goal in a game 6 weeks ago.

Sterling hasnt played well, or shown any positive forward movement in 12 months.

At present he is a total bore.This is the time he should be exciting to watch.

Schlupp, Albrighton, Mahrez, sho far better flair.

Roy selects Vardy, then play him, play the players in form.Walcott, Vardy are the form players, and like the PL is showing

at present Pace is king.Sterling is passing back quicker than he runs forward......

Kane really isn't woeful. He's an old fashioned striker. He's an instinct finisher. He isn't the type to make things happen but that's just him. Give him the ball in the box and more times than not he will put it in the back of the net. If your looking for a woeful striker at the moment then look no further than okazaki.

Okazaki the one who keeps scoring for Japan?

I've never heard anything so funny in my life.

How can you be in form for a country when you play perhaps 4 to 6 times a year - obviously Kane hasn't.

Being in-form is about how you are playing at the moment not whether you scored a goal in a game 6 weeks ago.

Don't see the word form anywhere in my post perhaps try reading

I merely stating one has performed when given the chance the other didn't. The word form was used by your hero Col not me.  

Not to mention 30 goals a season sort of outweighs a 2 month purple patch. We didn't drop Shearer and Owen every time they had a bit of a dry spell for the latest striker to hit a bit of goal scoring form. 

I don't really care if Vardy plays or not.  Vardy playing for England just strips him of all that is good about him.  England play at pedestrian pace and that in itself is enough to nullify Vardy to a large extent.  He is just not a fit for England at this moment in time purely because as an international team, we still play an ancient type of football.  Get him out of there, back to Leicester.  England can rot for all I care, its never anything but turgid boring shite anyway. 

Has Vardy shagged your Mrs or something?

Don't see the word form anywhere in my post perhaps try reading

I merely stating one has performed when given the chance the other didn't. The word form was used by your hero Col not me.

Not to mention 30 goals a season sort of outweighs a 2 month purple patch. We didn't drop Shearer and Owen every time they had a bit of a dry spell for the latest striker to hit a bit of goal scoring form.

You can change facts to suit your argument all you want. Vardy has done a bit more than just having a 2 month purple patch. Also see you're ignoring the fact that Vardy was played out of position whereas Kane played his club role

The problem Vardy is whilst it's great to be selected for England these aren't his type of games. They are just going to park the bus and let us pass it around and see if/when we can break though. That's not his game.

He would be far better in a tournament against a decent team who is putting us under a bit of pressure where he gets the chance to run with the ball into space, unfortunately he won't get a chance in that kind of game unless he proves himself in the qualifiers.

I hope he gets a game and does really well but it's a bit of a Catch 22 for him.

How come Harry Kane is a "one season wonder" having scored about a goal a game over a six month period but Vardy isn't, despite having had about 3 good months in the premier league over the same timescale as Kane?

What makes people so confident that "one season wonder" is a fair brush to tar Kane with but not Vardy?

Vardy is in a great vein of form right now and I'd want him in the squad for Euro 2016 if he can sustain anything like his current form to the end of the season simply because of the option he gives us on the counter, but you can't bin off a striker who scored 30 goals last season (and has yet to have a proper crack at the England team) just because he's not scored much this season.

Vardy's time will hopefully (and should if Roy isn't totally brain dead) come when we play these high profile friendliest over the next few months against teams who will take the game to England.

Because vardy has shown quality in other seasons in lower divisions while kanes greatest contribution prior to last season was for a shot to accidentally hit him in the face and go in.

Kane is very much the definition of one season wonder, looks like a donkey and plays like one. Vardy meanwhile has shown that given a couple of months to adjust and not played in some moronic "0-0 our way to safety" formation that he'll get goals and assists.

The problem Vardy is whilst it's great to be selected for England these aren't his type of games. They are just going to park the bus and let us pass it around and see if/when we can break though. That's not his game.

He would be far better in a tournament against a decent team who is putting us under a bit of pressure where he gets the chance to run with the ball into space, unfortunately he won't get a chance in that kind of game unless he proves himself in the qualifiers.

I hope he gets a game and does really well but it's a bit of a Catch 22 for him.

At last, someone who gets it.

I think Kane will start. He is the England saviour - the future of England etc....

Absolute farce. Pick the best to win the Game/Tournament, playing for the future has never worked.

Totally agree. Someone in the media said it after he scored against Lithuania so that's that one done and dusted.

Has Vardy shagged your Mrs or something?

lol

He's been fantastic for us this season totally agree, just don't think he should be starting for England tonight.

eYou can change facts to suit your argument all you want. Vardy has done a bit more than just having a 2 month purple patch. Also see you're ignoring the fact that Vardy was played out of position whereas Kane played his club role

Changing what facts he was crap against San Marino (yes San Marino, and the fact your using the fact he played out of position against San Marino is laughable, their part time footballers) And this leads into my other point as well we play completely differently to England, he is nowhere near as well suited to their set up as he is ours.

He's played well yes been amazing this season and back end of last but we are talking about someone who hit an insane amount if goals last season and has scored with practically his first touch for England several times he clearly deserves a go from the start despite struggling slightly so far this season.

As I say you can't play every English striker who hits a bit of form in the first team. Grant Holt would of ended up with a cap ffs

You're doing a Kingfox here. Saying something again St the grain just for the sake of it because I know you don't believe what you're saying yourself.

Vardy finished last season well as well as starting this one on absolute fire.

Kane ended last season slowly as well as having a dire preseason and has been even worse in the Pl.

People say that Kane has a good work rate to compensate for his inabilities. Fact is that he's horrifyingly out of form and Roy will be sending out the world message to pick him ahead of the leagues top scorer.

You're doing a Kingfox here. Saying something again St the grain just for the sake of it because I know you don't believe what you're saying yourself.

Vardy finished last season well as well as starting this one on absolute fire.

Kane ended last season slowly as well as having a dire preseason and has been even worse in the Pl.

People say that Kane has a good work rate to compensate for his inabilities. Fact is that he's horrifyingly out of form and Roy will be sending out the world message to pick him ahead of the leagues top scorer.

Fck off mate

This is actually the sensible non blue tinted specs argument, I know that as if it this wasn't an LCFC forum this wouldn't even be a talking point, it is purely because he's a Leicester player.

The fact we're even arguing about who should start for England against Estonia in a Qualifier that means fvck all seeing as we've qualified is ridiculous, classic FoxesTalk. The fact is he'll definitely get some minutes at some point in the next two games, whether it be one or both.

Also might have a cheeky bet for him to score if he starts either game.  

Archived