Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

January transfers, wish list, available etc.

I know I've already mentioned it but Sam Byram has played midfield this season and couldn't get in bottom half Leeds Utd's bottom half championship team today.

Hilarious how people seem to think players will be the solution to our problems simply based on the fact they are young and have gained a bit of a reputation.

Simple January for us I think.

CB one of Stefan de Vrij, Shkodran Mustafi, Aymeric Laporte, Niklas Sule all young and up and coming will cost us but it's the area we lack real quality.

RB Mathiu Debuchey from Arsenal, unhappy with the lack of game time. Prem quality and a position we are really struggling with.

RW Andros Townsend sat on the bench and becoming very unhappy at Spurs. Prem and England quality and would be a huge signing for us. On a scale that shaqiri was for Stoke.

The 2 defenders and the winger would make us much more complete.

Aymeric Laporte? A bit farfetched that one mate. Will join Barca for 30 Million this summer

CB one of Stefan de Vrij, Shkodran Mustafi, Aymeric Laporte, Niklas Sule all young and up and coming will cost us but it's the area we lack real quality.

RB Mathiu Debuchey from Arsenal, unhappy with the lack of game time. Prem quality and a position we are really struggling with.

RW Andros Townsend sat on the bench and becoming very unhappy at Spurs. Prem and England quality and would be a huge signing for us. On a scale that shaqiri was for Stoke.

Think you've been playing fifa too much mate.

Genuinely don't think he's better than Nathan Dyer. That's going ridiculously overboard.

Think all of your defenders are too far fetched really to be honest.

Just chucking a speculative suggestion out, but Santiago Arias would be a good right back addition i think from PSV. Very bold and attack minded, he has big work rate and stamina which are two things this club are built on, and he can actually defend too. I doubt he would cost that much relatively speaking. Im just using a name, he has lots of qualities i like.

With all due sympathy for Shaqiri, so far he's shown little of what he's capable of. I do hope he finds his feet in the Premier League quickly or else his career will plummet.

Just look at the clubs he's been at so far - how do you see it continuing?

Basel>Bayern München>Inter Milan>Stoke City>(insert your lesser-known team of choice here)

Generally, this scouting team restricts January signings to players who have 6 or 18 months on their contracts. You can very easily get overpriced signing players in January, so we go in a position better to bargain with players who have contracts running down.

Would like to see us go for Dominic Iorfa, looks a quality young right back

100% agree, I've seen him in the flesh a few times, he's got bags of potential. Also I'm informed naturally a centre back.

Tell you what, wouldn't half mind Abel Hernandez from Hull if we want more strikers

If it's just for making up numbers, maybe.

But there's probably a reason why he's still at Hull or decided to stick with them following relegation - be it in terms of contract or the lack of suitors.

We may be able to afford the transfer fee, but I don't see why we'd want to take a chance on him.

I know it may sound harsh, but to me, even just at the age of 25, he looks like a guy on the decline already.

Some players out of contract next summer (yes I know, some of them might appear to be out of our league) - here's your food for thought:

RB Gregory van der Wiel (27, PSG)

CB Martin Caceres (28, Juventus) - would be my dream signing, can also play RB

CAM Gaston Ramirez (24, Southampton)

CB Daniel Agger (30, IF Brondby) - need to hear from Shen how he rates him, heard Agger's been injured a lot lately

CB Marc Wilson (28, Stoke City)

Archived