Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He's having a poor season imo.

Nah, he is having a good season, but he isn’t perfect and keeping out free kicks is his weakest attribute, but you have to also blame the defenders and midfielders that consistently give away free kicks in really dangerous positions.

Just now, Captain... said:

Nah, he is having a good season, but he isn’t perfect and keeping out free kicks is his weakest attribute, but you have to also blame the defenders and midfielders that consistently give away free kicks in really dangerous positions.

Kante goal?

3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I can think of a lot of goals from open play that we've conceded that he should have been keeping out imo.

2 minutes ago, Phube said:

Kante goal?

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I can think of a lot of goals from open play that we've conceded that he should have been keeping out imo.

There’s been a few of course, he isn’t perfect, he’s also made some saves he has no right to make. He isn’t having a bad season, he isn’t having his best season. He is still one of the best GKs outside the “big 6”.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Not sure who the big 10 are, but I would rate Kasper as better than Liverpool's keepers, better than Pope, Gomes, Pickford (this season), Forster.

Outside the obvious, De Gea, Courtois, Cech (who is on the wane), Edersen, Lloris, I would only have Butland definitely ahead of Schmeichel, Pickford based on age and last season you can argue and maybe Heston but his injury record is very bad. The rest; Mignolet/Karius, Hart, Begovic, Fabianski, Elliot, Lossl, Gomes, Pope, Ryan, Hennessy/Speroni all inferior to Kasper.

2 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Not sure who the big 10 are, but I would rate Kasper as better than Liverpool's keepers, better than Pope, Gomes, Pickford (this season), Forster.

Outside the obvious, De Gea, Courtois, Cech (who is on the wane), Edersen, Lloris, I would only have Butland definitely ahead of Schmeichel, Pickford based on age and last season you can argue and maybe Heston but his injury record is very bad. The rest; Mignolet/Karius, Hart, Begovic, Fabianski, Elliot, Lossl, Gomes, Pope, Ryan, Hennessy/Speroni all inferior to Kasper.

Courtois, De Gea, Cech, Edersen, lloris, Butland, Pickford, Adrian, (possibly) Pope (not seen enough of him yet but at the moment I'm very impressed)

And I know people will say Kasper is a great shot stopper and good at 1v1 but his distribution and set pieces are horrific, although he establishing him as a proper sweeper keep now 

13 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Heaton currently has a nasty shoulder injury (part and parcel of being a keeper I guess, like when Kasper broke his hand) other than that I don't think he's ever been injured. Ever.

If any keeper has a bad injury record it's Butland.

Edited by Facecloth

42 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Heaton currently has a nasty shoulder injury (part and parcel of being a keeper I guess, like when Kasper broke his hand) other than that I don't think he's ever been injured. Ever.

If any keeper has a bad injury record it's Butland.

Fair enough I seem to remember him missing out on England call ups cos of injury, but you're right. My mistake.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

harry maguire has completed more successful dribbles this season than cristiano ronaldo. 

across all european leagues this season, of the 352 players have successfully completed 20+ dribbles, he’s the only centre back. 

Where did you get that from may I ask?

9 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Where did you get that from may I ask?

some crazy stat guy on twitter. 

full graph/table of 352 players: https://public.tableau.com/profile/daniel.gubala#!/vizhome/shared/KNF8G3GWZ

pretty interesting little table tbf. Maguire with comfortably our best success rate when it comes to dribbling, not that surprising as a centre half obviously has less risks and less players to take on. mahrez comfortably our worst winger was interesting though. 

Edited by ScouseFox