Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

think it’s right that we’ve lost every quarter final we’ve been in, spanning 4 competitions from the johnstone’s paint trophy to the champions league, since the turn of the century. 

lol there’s already a thread about this. some stat tho. 

Edited by ScouseFox

3 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Also, I don’t know if the stats are easily produced from somewhere, but it seems like we concede between 35 and 45 minutes a LOT this season.

Or is it just me that feels that?

You can set your watch.  It's quite something how we can adjust that tendency and concede near the 15' break in extra time ... and that FT poster(s) even saw that coming.

What on earth does a manager do about that?  Park the bus at 36' til the second half? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

A lot made earlier this season about Vardy scoring against all of the top 6. I think if my memory is correct tonight he completes the top 4 in Europe for England. With goals against Italy, Germany, Holland and Spain.

Big Game Player!

Can only agree. But when they were the big 4, Vardy was playing for Stocksbridge Park Steels.

Who is our highest ever scorer for England (As in goals scored for England whilst playing for Leicester)? Vardy must be up there. Lineker was before my time but I presume most of his England goals were whilst playing for Everton/Barca/Spurs?

there's a stat that I'm glad is still about and wasn't broken today considering our record of letting players score their first goals for the club.

On the stream I had, the commentator mentioned that Gaetan Bong hasn't scored in 5 years. He came close today when it was 1-0!

• 2 weeks later...

OptaJoe✔@OptaJoe

7 - Jamie Vardy has ended on the losing side in seven of the matches that he's scored in this season, equalling the Premier League record for a single season (Matt Le Tissier in 1992-93 and Charlie Austin in 2014-15). Painful.

• Sad 3

26 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Man City have lost as many games in the last 7 days as we did in the whole of the 15/16 season.

*Yes, I know it's in 2 different competitions but that doesn't make it less funny.

If we're playing that then technically we lost 4 in all comps that season. They've lost 7 in all comps so far.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Doctor said:

If we're playing that then technically we lost 4 in all comps that season. They've lost 7 in all comps so far.

5?? Arsenal twice, Liverpool away. Spuds in the Fa Cup and Hull in the League cup. 

Though we did draw both of the cup games initially.

22 hours ago, The Doctor said:

20 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

That... is insane.

More insane considering Arsenals invincible's actually lost 6 games that season