Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Back in for Amartey - Official

Hopefullythis deal has gone quiet as formalities completed and  to avoid hijackers, he would be ineligable for Tottenham game (must have registered prior to first match), but wouldneed time to getmatch fit, he certainly looks like first team potential

I'm a fan of F.C. Copenhagen. I created a user on FoxesTalk this morning, because I'm a big fan of Amartey, and I want to follow his career - I think, that he can become a world class player.

I watched one of the first training sessions at F.C. Copenhagen, after Amartey joined us. Ten minutes into the session, I called my brother (also a F.C. Copenhagen fan), telling him about Amartey. I recall, that I told my brother after those 10 minutes, that we wouldn't be able to hold on to him for more than one season. You could tell instantly, that he has that something extra. In Danish football, we often talk about good players, and those who has that "international standard" - and Amartey is above and beyond the latter.

In 5 years, Amartey could very well play for one of the biggest clubs in the world. The John Obi Mikel comparison is not far off - though Amartey has lots more potential.

If we were a bigger club, in a better league, he would cost £10-15 million. He's that good. And he is ready to play in the Premier League right away.

I'm a fan of F.C. Copenhagen. I created a user on FoxesTalk this morning, because I'm a big fan of Amartey, and I want to follow his career - I think, that he can become a world class player.

I watched one of the first training sessions at F.C. Copenhagen, after Amartey joined us. Ten minutes into the session, I called my brother (also a F.C. Copenhagen fan), telling him about Amartey. I recall, that I told my brother after those 10 minutes, that we wouldn't be able to hold on to him for more than one season. You could tell instantly, that he has that something extra. In Danish football, we often talk about good players, and those who has that "international standard" - and Amartey is above and beyond the latter.

In 5 years, Amartey could very well play for one of the biggest clubs in the world. The John Obi Mikel comparison is not far off - though Amartey has lots more potential.

If we were a bigger club, in a better league, he would cost £10-15 million. He's that good. And he is ready to play in the Premier League right away.

thanks for that

Good to hear. Hopefully he provides to be a good signing

Thanks for taking the time to give us that exciting information.

What are you hearing on your side regarding the deal? 

We hear its on the verge of completion pending a work permit, then medical.

Thanks Again and good luck for the season.

I don't know if that's an exaggeration but it makes nice reading on a Sunday morning after the football spoiled my Saturday night.

You really couldn't give him a more glowing reference.  :)

You've got it wrong again I'm afraid.

Ranieri has always been a manager that played back four, we have absolutely no evidence to suggest he'll go to a back five at any point. Of course he could but why would he?

Ranieri is a football manager who will always play the best players in their best positions as long as it gets the best out of the team.

If he thinks that his set of players would work better in a formation different to the 4 at the back he usually plays then he will do so. How can you not agree with that?

Ranieri is a football manager who will always play the best players in their best positions as long as it gets the best out of the team.

If he thinks that his set of players would work better in a formation different to the 4 at the back he usually plays then he will do so. How can you not agree with that?

Of course I agree with that, if Ranieri thought it was a good idea to play Simpson as a striker and Vardy as a right back he would do that as well.

It's highly unlikely we will be playing five at the back any time soon though. Ranieri has been a back four man all his management career and we're looking as good a defensive unit that I've ever seen us and even better than the MOM team. We just won't be anything but a back four team so talk of a back five is obsolete.

Of course I agree with that, if Ranieri thought it was a good idea to play Simpson as a striker and Vardy as a right back he would do that as well.

It's highly unlikely we will be playing five at the back any time soon though. Ranieri has been a back four man all his management career and we're looking as good a defensive unit that I've ever seen us and even better than the MOM team. We just won't be anything but a back four team so talk of a back five is obsolete.

If you agree with me then why did you say "You've got it wrong"?

Ban him. His English is too good! He'll embarrass more than 90% of this forum ( including me!).

If you agree with me then why did you say "You've got it wrong"?

Of course he would play five at the back if he thought he'd get better results, that goes without saying. My point is that all this five at the back is nonsense as he just doesn't play that formation and we've looked solid with four at the back. Since the Everton match we've dropped our level but defensively we've looked as solid as we ever have and only conceded two goals in five games in that time. It's such a moot point to suggest we'll be playing with anything but a back four for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for that mate.

Archived