Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Back in for Amartey - Official

maybe with him coming in a possible 3 at the back 

-----------------------------------------kasper------------------------------------

-----------amartey--------------morgan----------------huth--------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

albrighton------------------------------------------------------------fuchs-------

---------------------------drinkwater-----------kante----------------------------

--------------------------------------mahrez---------------------------------------

-------------------vardy--------------------------okazaki/ulloa/new signing

fuchs is a great crosser of the ball and has defensive skills and albrighton use to be a rwb and that would give us an extra midfield man and give mahrez a free role 

just behind 2 strikers . 

and if we have to chase the game then dyer and gray to replace albrighton and fuchs  . i actually like the look of that lol

like the look of that, any formation that gets mahrez in a free role is a winner for me, his lack of defensive ability is getting exploited by left backs at the moment

Claudio has never played three at the back

He was quoted in an interview that he played 3 at the back against Lincoln in the first friendly, realized it wasn't working and went with a flat back four. Can't see him changing back to a 3.

Why do people still talk about three at the back?

A complete waste of bandwidth, it's not happening.

We're joint top of the league playing a back four and we look solid. It would mean Mahrez going in behind the strikers which he doesn't look comfortable. We may play 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-3-3 or 4-4-1-1 but the one thing that will be constant is the four at the back.

We're joint top of the league playing a back four and we look solid. It would mean Mahrez going in behind the strikers which he doesn't look comfortable. We may play 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-3-3 or 4-4-1-1 but the one thing that will be constant is the four at the back.

Having the option is no bad thing. It can and has been successful for us in the past, so people see it as an alternative. Tbh it's pretty obvious this guy will be coming in for the right back slot with the option of a back up to kante.

you say mahrez doesnt look comfortable but when hes played there hes been decent the problem at the minute is the last few games we keep getting attacked down that side as simpson is left on his own and when mahrez does get the ball hes been double teamed so been quite inneffective  so basically hes not defending and hes not causing a threat upfront . if this had been any other player people would be saying drop him but he has the ability to play just behind the strikers or striker . 

Why is everyone looking to change our whole formation to accommodate a player with abit of an unknown quality!? I find it amazing that a formation and shape we have that suits us and has got is joint top of the premier can be disrupted so quickly.

He is a young lad, clearly one for the future. I would be amazed to see him go straight into the side. I think it is more the case he will be coming off the bench and squad rotation. Can see him coming on for Kante in games to give him rest if need be. Defensive minded so can tackle and has got the legs to get around the pitch

lol

I love how, in the summer, people were saying the complete opposite.

Horses for courses, as formations always have been. You pick your best team in the best positions for the best outcome for the team.

I'm not saying he's going to change it, but it's ridiculous to say that he won't change it because 4-4-2 is working. If he feels that a 3-5-2 will improve us, then I trust him.

I don't think the intention is to play an outright 3 at the back. I think the intention is to have something similar to what Tottenham often do - full backs push up and Dier drops from Midfield into the CB to create a back three whilst they are in possession.

I think having two attacking full backs (Fuchs is just as good going forward as he is defending), having someone like Amartey will enable them to push further up.

The difference between Amartey and Kante is that Amartey is defensively stronger - he can win balls in the air for example. Kante is best at what he does - winning the ball of the ground in centre mid.

lol

I love how, in the summer, people were saying the complete opposite.

Horses for courses, as formations always have been. You pick your best team in the best positions for the best outcome for the team.

I'm not saying he's going to change it, but it's ridiculous to say that he won't change it because 4-4-2 is working. If he feels that a 3-5-2 will improve us, then I trust him.

You've got it wrong again I'm afraid.

Ranieri has always been a manager that played back four, we have absolutely no evidence to suggest he'll go to a back five at any point. Of course he could but why would he?

I don't think the intention is to play an outright 3 at the back. I think the intention is to have something similar to what Tottenham often do - full backs push up and Dier drops from Midfield into the CB to create a back three whilst they are in possession.

I think having two attacking full backs (Fuchs is just as good going forward as he is defending), having someone like Amartey will enable them to push further up.

The difference between Amartey and Kante is that Amartey is defensively stronger - he can win balls in the air for example. Kante is best at what he does - winning the ball of the ground in centre mid.

This, read it several times AKCJ and you might learn something. 

I can see us playing a 4-1-4-1 formation with Amartey.

Amartey sitting in front of the back four with attacking full backs and slotting in to make a three when needed. Mahrez & the other wide midfielder given licence to play more narrower.

Archived