Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Kramaric on loan to Hoffenheim

He left on fairly acrimonious terms. Would rather sell than keep someone who may upset the team.

Hoffenheim look like they may stay up. Surely they'll want to buy if he's seen as Hoffenheim's Huth.

I'm from Croatia so I know a little bit about Kramarić and I have to say - he must be the most unfortunate player I have ever known.

He's the product of Dinamo Zagreb's academy where he broke all goalscoring records in the youth teams. Despite that, he never really got a chance there (probably due to non-footballing reasons, i.e. he didn't have the club boss' son as agent). 

He then moved on loan to another Croatian team where he was first team and did pretty well scoring 15 goals in 32 games and developing quickly.
It seemed like another big Dinamo's talent is under way. I could easily see him killing it the next season or season and a half in Dinamo before the club couldn't hold him anymore and he's sold for 15M+ to a top Premier League or Bundesliga club. A scenario Dinamo Zagreb is very familiar with in the recent years.

But Kramarić being Kramarić this is not what happened. 
It is totally crazy but for some reason (I've given the only imaginable one above) Dinamo didn't hold onto him but sold him to league rivals which was the clubs worst decision I remember.

Kramarić had a great season, getting better and better and ended scoring 16 in 24 matches and winning the best player of the league award (if I remember correctly, even there he was benched at the beginning of the season lol). He continued where he left of in the next season breaking all records scoring 21 goals in half a season (18 games) and 5 in the group stages of Europa League. He scored when he wanted and it's not like his team was winning every game 5:0.

No one ever dominated the league like this. And I have no doubts that he would have continued playing like this if he stayed there.

You might say the Croatian league is not very strong and it's true. But whenever someone dominated the league he went on and had a great career. 
For example Mandžukić. In his last season he scored 14 in 24 playing for a better club then Andrej. 
Eduardo went to Arsenal after being the best. Modrić and Ćorluka to Tottenham, Badelj - HSV.

Kovačić and Brozović went to Inter, Halilović - Barcelona, Jedvaj - Bayer Leverkusen, Šubašić - Monaco. All of the letter didn't show half of what Andrej did.  
At this point every top 10 club of the European top 5 leagues should have been after him. 

Yet all he got was Leicester :P . (well, and Chelsea). Crazy!

Even now, I can't believe he went to Hoffenheim?!

This is a guy who if he played for a mid or top table German club would score 20+ goals in his first season (don't know why but Croatian players traditionally adapt to the German league easily). 

He will reach world class level sooner or later. Someone just needs to play him!

He left on fairly acrimonious terms. Would rather sell than keep someone who may upset the team.

Hoffenheim look like they may stay up. Surely they'll want to buy if he's seen as Hoffenheim's Huth.

He seemed perfectly happy with the rest of the squad when they were all celebrating in Amsterdam before Christmas...

He was unhappy with his playing time but wasn't showing ensquad in training to break into the squad ahead of ulloa and shinji, so he was sent off on loan to get that gametime.

If we're in the CL next season, he will be needed again. We will certainly buy other forwards, but especially now he's starting to get a bit of form he'll come back to a Leicester side which has a role set out for him.

I can't see us selling him, personally.

I've seen hundreds of players who were talented like Krameric but still never made it simply because they either had an attitude problem or couldn't handle the rough and tumble of top flight football.

Campare him to Mahrez.  He came with a reputation, cost a lot more, is here longer, and never made the step up.

Mahrez on the other hand showed glimpses of why we signed him when he got a chance. Then this season came out fully prepared for the challenge ahead. Right from the start it was clear that he had put the work in during preseason to enable him to meet the challenge. Now he's justifiably getting the adulation and rewards he deserves. What I really like about him is I've never heard him complain once about anything. These are some of the qualities top players have in their locker.

Now contrast him with Krameric. Why couldn't Krameric do the same. When he's got a game he done or showed very little.

He hasn't looked any stronger which I was expecting which means he hasn't been working out hard enough. He's even been mardi at times moaning about not getting games or being substituted in games. Which does him no favours.

Do I think he can have a future with us, yes I do. I think he could make a good number 10 in the David Silva mould.

Whether he will is all down to him. By excelling at Hoffenheim and coming back with a better attitude. 

I'm from Croatia so I know a little bit about Kramarić and I have to say - he must be the most unfortunate player I have ever known.

He's the product of Dinamo Zagreb's academy where he broke all goalscoring records in the youth teams. Despite that, he never really got a chance there (probably due to non-footballing reasons, i.e. he didn't have the club boss' son as agent). 

He then moved on loan to another Croatian team where he was first team and did pretty well scoring 15 goals in 32 games and developing quickly.
It seemed like another big Dinamo's talent is under way. I could easily see him killing it the next season or season and a half in Dinamo before the club couldn't hold him anymore and he's sold for 15M+ to a top Premier League or Bundesliga club. A scenario Dinamo Zagreb is very familiar with in the recent years.

But Kramarić being Kramarić this is not what happened. 
It is totally crazy but for some reason (I've given the only imaginable one above) Dinamo didn't hold onto him but sold him to league rivals which was the clubs worst decision I remember.

Kramarić had a great season, getting better and better and ended scoring 16 in 24 matches and winning the best player of the league award (if I remember correctly, even there he was benched at the beginning of the season lol). He continued where he left of in the next season breaking all records scoring 21 goals in half a season (18 games) and 5 in the group stages of Europa League. He scored when he wanted and it's not like his team was winning every game 5:0.

No one ever dominated the league like this. And I have no doubts that he would have continued playing like this if he stayed there.

You might say the Croatian league is not very strong and it's true. But whenever someone dominated the league he went on and had a great career. 
For example Mandžukić. In his last season he scored 14 in 24 playing for a better club then Andrej. 
Eduardo went to Arsenal after being the best. Modrić and Ćorluka to Tottenham, Badelj - HSV.

Kovačić and Brozović went to Inter, Halilović - Barcelona, Jedvaj - Bayer Leverkusen, Šubašić - Monaco. All of the letter didn't show half of what Andrej did.  
At this point every top 10 club of the European top 5 leagues should have been after him. 

Yet all he got was Leicester :P . (well, and Chelsea). Crazy!

Even now, I can't believe he went to Hoffenheim?!

This is a guy who if he played for a mid or top table German club would score 20+ goals in his first season (don't know why but Croatian players traditionally adapt to the German league easily). 

He will reach world class level sooner or later. Someone just needs to play him!

I was really pleased when we signed him.

He was linked with some of the best clubs in Europe.

He was the top goalscorer in Europe after Ronaldo.

A hat-trick against Feyenoord in the Europa League.

And he came from a country with great footballing pedigree.

After seeing him play though he does have a lot of talent but lacks real pace and strength and you probably need at least one of those to prosper in the Premier League. The fact that he was fourth choice striker to Okazaki & Ulloa speaks volumes as any striker worth his salt would fancy his chances being picked ahead of those two.

I think Leicester should sell him if we can get close to our money back. I wish him well and it's a shame it never worked out for him here but it would be beneficial to Leicester and Kramaric if we went our separate ways.

I'd love to see Kram come back and make an impact next season. We'll need squad depth and quality in our backup positions. I'm confident he'll get more games next season. More games may mean more injuries and more of a need to rotate. He's a different kind of player but Son Minheung of Spurs is a good example of having a top quality player champing at the bit waiting for an opportunity, and being given the chance every now and again.

He has to offer more than Shinzi has this season. Then again Vardy took 3 seasons to score for fun.

Top scorer in the Premier League, first place in the Premier League.

We did this without Kramaric. The pining for this guy is confusing at best.

He's gone. He's not pulling up any trees where he is. He's not coming back.

We did it without Messi too. Don't need him either.

No one's pining for him, some of us can just see that there may be potential to work with. He's only what, 23? Walsh didn't get the club to blow 7m on this guy for no reason

No one's pining for him, some of us can just see that there may be potential to work with. He's only what, 23? Walsh didn't get the club to blow 7m on this guy for no reason

Such a ****ing stupid comparison. The footballing equivalent of Godwins law. He's scored 3 goals for us. Not near thirty a season for over a decade. I can only discuss football if you're not going to be ridiculous and use the best player who ever lived as a basis for comparison.

Pearson and now Ranieri haven't fancied him for one reason or another.

Absolutely nothing wrong in accepting it hasn't worked out and getting your money back and rolling the dice again.

Walsh can't be expected to hit the bullseye every time so if we can get the majority of our money back on "failed" signings like Kramaric, Benalouane & Inler and try again then perhaps there's another Vardy, Mahrez or Kante in the wings.

He's gone. He's not pulling up any trees where he is. He's not coming back.

I want him back because it gives us a 4th option. Not necessarily because that option is better than what we have now (it would be tough to get much better, if we're honest), but because next season we will be playing in four competitions and will need to rotate.

This guy is a pure finisher. Look at his contribution versus Wolfsburg - a team in the last 8 of the Champions League. The talent is there if we (as fans) are willing to give him a chance, because I am sure Ranieri will use him a lot more next year.

It baffles me that people are always so black and white on here. Literally every topic is a polarising one on foxestalk. lol

Why can't he just be a good young player with a fair bit of potential who just doesn't quite fit in with the way we want to play? Who just couldn't quite break in to our starting eleven so wanted a move for the Euros?

There's no reason to think he has a terrible attitude or he's going to flop. Equally there's no reason to think our club are useless if he does well elsewhere.

There are lots of good players that just wouldn't be any good in our team. I mean, I love him but can you imagine Zlatan doing the work Vardy does or Totti chasing everything down behind him like Shinji?

Archived