Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Kramaric on loan to Hoffenheim

Hope he continues scoring so we can get a few bob for him in the summer. We need to improve on Okazaki anyway as he isn't that good of player, and Kram doesnt do that role and won't replace Vardy.

Hope he continues scoring so we can get a few bob for him in the summer. We need to improve on Okazaki anyway as he isn't that good of player, and Kram doesnt do that role and won't replace Vardy.

It's not impossible we'll alter our style of play slightly next year. In fact I think we'll need to if we want to continue to play at the top end of the league. We need to be more comfortable in possession and we'll need to get better at breaking teams down. We've done it so far but it's noticeably more difficult now people are respecting us and sitting deep and letting us have the ball.

To do that we're going to need defenders who can play a bit and someone in that 10 role that is more technically adept than Shinji. He'd be ok in games where we don't expect to have the ball so much, but someone much more creative would be better when we do have lots of it.

It's not impossible we'll alter our style of play slightly next year. In fact I think we'll need to if we want to continue to play at the top end of the league. We need to be more comfortable in possession and we'll need to get better at breaking teams down. We've done it so far but it's noticeably more difficult now people are respecting us and sitting deep and letting us have the ball.

To do that we're going to need defenders who can play a bit and someone in that 10 role that is more technically adept than Shinji. He'd be ok in games where we don't expect to have the ball so much, but someone much more creative would be better when we do have lots of it.

Agree with you 100%. Huth and Morgan have done wonders but we do need a defender who's comfortable on the ball and a #10 who's technically better than Okazaki. I think those two positions will be our key areas we need to address.

Am I the only one who thinks Huth and Morgan are more than comfortable on the ball? Earlier in the season in the Stoke match, Morgan was comfortable enough to try and scissor kick it back to Kasper. Alright, he ****ed up but it shows how relaxed he can be, as well as venturing forward at times this season too.

Alright, they are both safety first defenders but that is what you want from your centre backs. I'll take them over your Sol Bambas and John Stones' every day of the week.

Am I the only one who thinks Huth and Morgan are more than comfortable on the ball? Earlier in the season in the Stoke match, Morgan was comfortable enough to try and scissor kick it back to Kasper. Alright, he ****ed up but it shows how relaxed he can be, as well as venturing forward at times this season too.

Alright, they are both safety first defenders but that is what you want from your centre backs. I'll take them over your Sol Bambas and John Stones' every day of the week.

They aren't particularly uncomfortable, but to retain possession we're going to need to improve in that area. They are also knocking on a bit, so if we're looking to get in younger players. Then get one that's not only going to be able defend, but is also more comfortable knocking it around the back, and isn't afraid to knock it into the feet of someone in midfield, rather than lumping it. At they moment they rely heavily on Drinky dropping back to collect it from them, rather than taking a few steps forward and looking for a pass in the middle.

As someone who was here last January saying how you bought a world class player. I tell you now that this is only the beginning and that he will have 10+ goals until the end of the season. Might be a sensation on Euro.

He's not featuring in Cacic's squad that has been nominated for the two upcoming friendlies, though. I'm not writing Kramaric off at all, but a call-up for EURO 2016 looks not likely at this moment in time.

Having said that, how good is Marko Pjaca from Dinamo? There's no way around Mandzukic and Kalinic, I suppose. Andrej will have to fight hard for the spot of third striker in the EURO contingent that will be announced at the end of May.

He's not featuring in Cacic's squad that has been nominated for the two upcoming friendlies, though. I'm not writing Kramaric off at all, but a call-up for EURO 2016 looks not likely at this moment in time.

Having said that, how good is Marko Pjaca from Dinamo? There's no way around Mandzukic and Kalinic, I suppose. Andrej will have to fight hard for the spot of third striker in the EURO contingent that will be announced at the end of May.

Cacic is Mamic's puppet and Kramaric turned his back on Mamic a while ago.

The official statement is that he hasn't been called up so he can settle better at Hoffenheim.

Pjaca is a solid player, a but a new "ATM" for Mamic (famous for signing deals where he, not the club, get a larger percentage of the transfer) :D

Mandzukic is still the no.1 choice, but, in my opinion, Kramaric is a better player then Kalinc, but also a different style player.

In the end it all depends on the formation that Cacic will use (there's a possibility that he'll use 3-5-2) as Perisic of Inter has been the best national player in the last couple of years and he's a wingish type of player.

Despite Andrej's history with Mamic, I'm expecting him in the 23 man squad.

I still believe that if kramaric had been given the same amount of game time as Okazaki and ulloa he would have adapted to our game and bagged more than the pair of them.

And do you still believe we would be where we are in have league if he started over Okazaki?

And do you still believe we would be where we are in have league if he started over Okazaki?

If you don't know the answer to that, then you sir are an ostrich..

Jokes aside, if he was to bag more than ulloa and Okazaki then that would mean we would still be where we are in the league, yes

Carnt make my mind up on kram looks class in those videos for hoffenheim but never showed anything like that while he was here granted never got game time but if he was that good in training surely Claudio would have used him more

That's the view of most people. I think though he was sulking and maybe missing home. He'll be a little older and wiser if he does come back. I think he could make a good number 10.

If you don't know the answer to that, then you sir are an ostrich..

Jokes aside, if he was to bag more than ulloa and Okazaki then that would mean we would still be where we are in the league, yes

If only that's how football worked. Okazaki offers so much defensively he has to play imo.

That's the view of most people. I think though he was sulking and maybe missing home. He'll be a little older and wiser if he does come back. I think he could make a good number 10.

Watching his interviews while in England he did appear insecure/intimidated. In his Croatian interviews he was not like that.

He might be able to play decently at number 10 but anything but striker would be a waste of his ability. The guy is a pure striker. Good at creating chances for himself and scoring. He has broken all goalscoring records for Dinamo youth teams.

Anyway, he will be on the Euros for sure. Just not sure how much he will play. Seems to me like the coach already has decided that the first team strikers are going to be Mandžukić and Kalinić. He was not called because as the coach said: "he got a new manager recently and he's given time to adapt". Which seems strange but some others where not called as well.

This is a great point and something I've thought for a while.

Teams are now trying to counteract our counter attacking style with speed, we need to be able to beat teams in another fashion. If we sign Musa this summer who by all accounts is even quicker than Vardy then teams will want to nullify our pace and quick counter attacking even more and we will need to find another way of beating teams.

I can see us buying a No10 in the Payet mould, someone who can pick a pass or break lines with his skill. Also I wouldn't be surprised to see a right back and centre back who is comfortable on the ball and offers more of a threat offensively than Danny Simpson. 

I've read somewhere that Ranieri would like to play 4-3-3. I think Amartey was bought to play as the CDM in this formation so he could play midfield but can also slot in to make a back three as the full backs are expected to get forward and Mahrez and Musa??? can play more centrally when the full backs come forward. A little bit like Tottenham with Amartey playing the Dier role and full backs playing like wingers in possession.

Kramarić gave an interview to some Croatian newspapers a few days ago. Here are a couple of interesting things he said:

Your former club is the finest football story in world football, maybe the suprise of the decade. A team that avoided relegation in an incredible manner last season is one step away from their first league trophy, how do you comment this considering your experience in the club?

I don't know if you're going to believe me, but at the beginning of the season I was saying that that team is capable of great things. I knew that we do not have to fear relegation, I was convinced that with a little bit of luck we can compete for Champions League positions. However, I did not believe what is now happening is possible. From game to game the lads are showing what classy players they are, I could see that the best from the bench. I am immensely proud that I was part of that lovely bunch.

Last year you came to Leicester as a sensational reinforcement. You started well but then ended on the bench. Where did it go wrong?

It didn't go wrong anywhere, that's football. It started very well, I had the backing of the coach, even when Ranieri came I was convinced I will play. Even he admitted to me that he expects big things from me. However, Okazaki joined the club, got his chance and it started well for him. The team started winning, 5:1, then 4:0, then 3:0, and after that there is no manager who is going to change a team that is crushing. I don't blame anyone, that's the fate of a football player. I repeat, I am proud I was part of that team and want them, from the bottom of my heart, to win that trophy. I will celebrate as if I won it too.

Are you in contact with your Leicester teammates?

Sure. We have a group (as in a group on facebook) where we hear from each other every day. Just as I am happy for their results, they aree happy for my start in Germany.

Archived