Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Kramaric on loan to Hoffenheim

Trouble is I can imagine us bringing in a new striker. Personally think Ulloa and Kram will be gone.

Yes, not sure what next season will bring re our strike force now, especially if we're in Champions League as Prem. champs! I think Kramaric should come back and show us what he has next season, whereas it appears he wasn't afforded the opportunity to do so this season for whatever reason by Ranieiri. Meanwhile I don't think Ulloa has been good enough up front this season whenever he's started or come on as a sub. Granted, he scored that crucial goal against Norwich of late but to date he has shown nothing like the prowess or form that he did at the start of and towards the end of last season. I'm sure he'll be retained over the summer but maybe walking a fine line now.

if we are PL winners and retain our ambition to continue at a similar level, I would be astounded if Leo were here next season whereas Andrej could be if he works on his fitness and bulking himself up a bit over the summer. A few decent cameos at the euros would help his cause.

Trouble is I can imagine us bringing in a new striker. Personally think Ulloa and Kram will be gone.

I'm just more curious to see who our Plan B to Vardy (and/or Vardy's backup) is? Is it Okazaki in his natural position? Musa?

Guest CityFan 06

I can't help but like him as a player. I still believe he could be an asset to us in Europe next season or even in the new Premier League campaign 2016-17. Depends on who stays at the club in the summer and also any additions we make in the striker areas in particular.

A bit of perspective... Okazaki scored 27 goals in 65 games in that league.

Kramaric needs to bang them in for the rest of the season to stand a chance of coming back here.

Disagree. It's a matter of ... ehm ... perspective. For Mainz Okazaki was their main goal scorer (more so in his second season when Choupo-Moting left them) while for Leicester his primary role is creating space off the ball for Mahrez and Vardy. Even the stats confirm this as those two shoot more per 90 mins than Okazaki. Obviously they have more goals as well. Which is why Kramaric doesn't fit Leicester's current system IMO. He can't get past Okazaki because he doesn't do those workrate-related things and he simply wouldn't bench Vardy either. How many goals he scores during his loan spell will be pretty much irrelevant.

Having said that, Kramaric is currently averaging a goal every 114 minutes. In arguably the second best league in the world for a team that is currently fighting relegation. Not much more he can do. 

Disagree. It's a matter of ... ehm ... perspective. For Mainz Okazaki was their main goal scorer (more so in his second season when Choupo-Moting left them) while for Leicester his primary role is creating space off the ball for Mahrez and Vardy. Even the stats confirm this as those two shoot more per 90 mins than Okazaki. Obviously they have more goals as well. Which is why Kramaric doesn't fit Leicester's current system IMO. He can't get past Okazaki because he doesn't do those workrate-related things and he simply wouldn't bench Vardy either. How many goals he scores during his loan spell will be pretty much irrelevant.

Having said that, Kramaric is currently averaging a goal every 114 minutes. In arguably the second best league in the world for a team that is currently fighting relegation. Not much more he can do. 

I'm aware of the differences, but Shinji is slated by a large section on here (usually the same ones who hang out the back of Kramaric). He needs to show he can perform in a league Shinji performed in consistently. So far he's not done it outside of Croatia, if he's able to then there might still be a place here for him in some capacity.

Archived