Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Bespoke Puma kit - Surely now is the time?

So, are the club sticking to black and white for our away and 3rd kit then?

Love the new home shirt's look, the subtle pinstripes are a true selling point.

Just hope they'll have enough in store - it's going to be carnage at the stadium tomorrow and over the weekend! lol

Have you watched a match this season!???

i thought i had but i must have been watching the wrong team!

Rambo lol lol

The King Power logo looks massive on the proper mock-up image. 

welp...my bad! 

So one of the things to ponder is what colour the third kit will be this year? Wouldn't be suprised by a green and gold.

Hope we go back to the black with a cyan slash. Beautiful kits and hopefully with a better quality material

Rambo lol lol

The King Power logo looks massive on the proper mock-up image. 

It's nothing official, just Footy Headlines mockup of the the leaked photo, but I suspect it will look much like that.

The latest tease makes the gold on the shoulders look quite subtle.

Again... stitched.. perhaps Genesis have just been asked to add a little extra quality for us?

on the basis that its been lucky, i'll go along with it but if the luck wears off, I want to see white back on the home kit !!!

I don't think recent developments have been down to some gold bits on our kit! And superstition shouldn't be an excuse to lose one of our traditional colours imo. 

I don't think recent developments have been down to some gold bits on our kit! And superstition shouldn't be an excuse to lose one of our traditional colours imo.

I swear some of you managed to nod off through the nineties when we had blue white and gold kits.

The latest tease makes the gold on the shoulders look quite subtle.

Again... stitched.. perhaps Genesis have just been asked to add a little extra quality for us?

That'd be the blue filter they're using. Unless. It might actually be white! Either way, loving the embroidered badge and puma logos, much better than the cheap ironed on crap they used the past two seasons that would fall apart after two washes!

So looking forward to this! 

I swear some of you managed to nod off through the nineties when we had blue white and gold kits.

I was asleep during most of the mid nineties to be fair, but I guess that's what most infants spend their time doing. I fell asleep at Southampton away in '96 apparently, were we wearing gold then?

But seriously I don't mind a bit of gold on the kit like the 2014 Championship winning kit, but it should be predominantly blue and white imo. 

I'm still waiting for that one person to send a crystal clear leak of the full shirt before the release in 24 hours OR the full set of kits, home, away and third, on a graphic like last seasons leak

Do they generally put the kit online the same day as in the shop or do they give it a little time?

I'm hoping online same day, same minute. 

Looks like we're ditching white from our home kits altogether and having gold instead then... 

Yep. Seems so. Since the 13/14 season they've been integrating gold into the kit, not just as a tiny highlighter, but as one of our secondary colours. Now it appears to be replacing white altogether.

Anyone notice how the colours on the picture the club tweeted weren't blue and white, but blue and gold?

ChetBnLWIAAwF-_.jpg

Given that white is not featuring on our kit for a second season in a row I think it's reasonable to suspect that the owners are deliberately altering the club colours to fit their brand.

Lets have pictures of the kits so we know what we're talking about.

18277-zoom.jpg 404828.jpg

I'll start off by saying that, in my opinion, Leicester City's club colours are blue and white. That is to say that blue should always be the primary colour of our home kit and white our secondary colour. Other colours may be incorporated but preferably for small details e.g. red on the collar for 1990-92 kit. This might be obvious but I feel it's important to state anyway.

I have no real problem with either of the kits above. The first could've done with a bit more white really but given that it was a one-off and not a permanent shift away from white I can forgive it. The second is also not an issue, gold is used minimally in thin strips rather than in large blocks - it's a highlighter, rather than a secondary colour. The fact that there was no gold on the following kit also shows us that it wasn't a permanent feature, but instead a one-off bout of creativity from the designers...

But what we're seeing now does not look like designers playing around with colours. To me it looks like a deliberate decision to add gold to our club colours not just to go alongside white but to replace it altogether. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but if I'm right can I ask you is if you'd be happy to see happen?

Archived