Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Bespoke Puma kit - Surely now is the time?

You'd be happy if we dropped blue altogether then, as long as we were successful?

like we did when we dropped the blue to wear white...........

We play in blue, the shirt is blue.  Factor in the fact that the sponsor is written in white then there is actually more white on the kit than there is gold!

Don't get the issue at all!  Some people are so sensitive! It's a blooming blue football kit, chill out

When I started supporting Leicester in 1994 our colours were Blue primary with white and gold as secondary colours no idea why so many seem to think this is a new concept

This

Guest CityFan 06

I don't mind a little incorporation of the gold/yellow, but I'd certainly like to us to keep the blue and white club colours as much as possible, it's traditional - I do think though we will keep the main two club colours to be honest. The owners have been pretty good in preserving our colours, traditions etc. 

When I started supporting Leicester in 1994 our colours were Blue primary with white and gold as secondary colours no idea why so many seem to think this is a new concept

This. Even if you look at our 78-79 (?) kit, which Lineker worn, this had a gold admiral badge and a gold city emblem too!

Gold is fine with me - we just achieved the greatest feat in the history of our club wearing gold!

I'd prefer the ribbons on the trophy to be blue and gold too - its a little more individual and sets a contrast against last years winners.

I posted this in another thread- mentioned in a Guardian article:

"Everton are the visitors to the King Power stadium at 5.30pm on Saturday, after which captain Wes Morgan will be awarded with the Premier League trophy decorated with ribbons of blue and yellow - representing the club’s colours and those of Thailand’s royal house."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/03/leicester-premier-league-winners-celebrate

I posted this in another thread- mentioned in a Guardian article:

"Everton are the visitors to the King Power stadium at 5.30pm on Saturday, after which captain Wes Morgan will be awarded with the Premier League trophy decorated with ribbons of blue and yellow - representing the club’s colours and those of Thailand’s royal house."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/03/leicester-premier-league-winners-celebrate

Are people actually not bothered at all about this? I find it very strange. 

Are people actually not bothered at all about this? I find it very strange.

Yes, I am slightly bothered, blue and yellow are not our club colours, the Royal House of Thailand should bear no relevance to our title win

Yes, I am slightly bothered, blue and yellow are not our club colours, the Royal House of Thailand should bear no relevance to our title win

Agreed. The club isn't a national Thai treasure I'm afraid and it's weird that people think otherwise in my opinion. 

By using a colour that isn't our own to represent something that isn't directly connected with the club the owners are putting their desire for self promotion ahead of the club's traditions. I'm not going to say that ruins things but I do find it frustrating.

We've waited 132 years for a title and people are worried what coloured ribbons we have on the trophy?

Our colours should be used to represent our victory. It's inappropriate to use a colour to represent something other than Leicester City.

I know some people really are desperate to avoid criticising the owners for anything but I suspect you wouldn't be trivialising this as much if blue was the colour being excluded. They wouldn't be "just colours" then.

Crimea river.

This made me laugh more than it should have

We've waited 132 years for a title and people are worried what coloured ribbons we have on the trophy?

exactly

So we're going to be using a colour that isn't our own to represent something that isn't directly connected with the club. The owners are putting their desire for self promotion ahead of the club's traditions.

It's coincidental in this case but you could argue that yellow is one of our colours, too.

I still can't get my head around why people are moaning. Neil Buchanan could decorate the trophy with a solution 3 parts water 2 parts glue and a scattering of glitter before shaking off the excess and I couldn't give a shit.

When you're sponsored by 'King Power' there's going to be some Gold involved on the kit somewhere.

its also worth thinking that we are the foxes / we have a link to fox hunting - so gold is probably a better colour to have as an association to that than a deep orange.

That and blue and gold looks good together.

It's coincidental in this case but you could argue that yellow is one of our colours, too.

I still can't get my head around why people are moaning. Neil Buchanan could decorate the trophy with a solution 3 parts water 2 parts glue and a scattering of glitter before shaking off the excess and I couldn't give a shit.

I have to admit it's the best colour they could've used aside from white. Red or green, for example, would've got me rather annoyed.

Archived