Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/511961/Manchester-United-Leicester-N-Golo-Kante

If United are supposedly going to offer £30m, surely that is evidence that the 20m buyout clause rumours are a load of crap...

Also if they have 'agreed' to pay £42m for Renato Sanches from Benfica, who has only played one season in the top Portuguese league, Kante who has proven himself in two top leagues will cost a lot more than £30m.  Mahrez and Kante are staying.

Volland is an upgrade on Shinji (who is awesome for us btw) & his style of play is similar to Shinji's but with a bit more quality

He'd fit perfectly behind Vardy

we will be aiming higher with the influx of cash i hope. I say to you what i said to above: have you seen him play? Not just youtube highlights?

Shane Long taking City's defence apart.

A big fan of his, works hard, pacey and a good reader of the game, would love to see him and Vardy on the counter.

Was just catching up with the Southampton game, saw Shane Long had scored so immediately thought to look in here - because I knew someone would have suggested him signing for us.

Suppose he could be interesting.

I think that given the size of our squad being very limited and the amount of games we may have to play we may need to recruit a few players even without departures. In the event we play all the PL matches, CL matches, have a cup run (which would be nice) we would be massively stretched. Personally a few players I'd like to see come in are Frazer Forster as competition for Kasper and he's an excellent keeper. Virgil Van Dijk, sold in every aspect and proven at a decent PL level. Niklas Sule a solid young defender and could do a swap for Krama. Georginio Wijnaldum or Yannick Bolasie both proven at a decent PL level all be it that GW is playing in an awful Newcastle team. Alex Oxlaide chamberlain seems surplus to requirement at Arsenal and so does Walcott, just 2 to take into consideration. And Solomon Rondon, while I'm a fan of Leo Ulloa I think he would be a more mobile upgrade with CL experience. Depth will be the key for next season and some of these players would give us options.

I do like the Mané, Wanyama and Van Dijk shouts. Southampton will fight tooth and nail to keep players like that and many clubs will be hovering around them. Getting players from English clubs will be really difficult this summer.

Clubs like Southampton will be inspired by the performances of Spurs, West Ham and our good selves, and will think that they can seriously challenge for a top 4 finish if they can keep their best players and make the right investments.

The William Carvalho rumour is very interesting. He was linked with some big clubs very recently and I believe he would cost a pretty penny. I've not knowingly seen him play but going on reputation alone this is quite an exciting rumour.

The William Carvalho rumour is very interesting. He was linked with some big clubs very recently and I believe he would cost a pretty penny. I've not knowingly seen him play but going on reputation alone this is quite an exciting rumour.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/512222/Leicester-Transfer-News-Arsenal-Manchester-United-William-Carvalho-N-Golo-News-Gossip

Now that we are almost there in terms of winning the Premiership, and the Champions League awaits, we need to have a look at the current squad and have a view on who is likely to go. The key criterion is having the quality to compete at the higher echelons. We also need to recognise that selling players will also increase our budget for incoming players.

Here's my take:

Schwarezer - it goes without saying that we need a proper back up for Kasper.

De Laet - not good enough for the premiership, let alone the Champions League. £1.5m

Konchesky - contract expires at the end of June. Not to be renewed!

Wasilewski - a great contribution from the big man, but time to call it a day. Do not renew contract.

Moore - showed terrific potential at the start of last season. It hasn't quite worked out for him. £1.0m

James - difficult one, as we have yet to see whether he is fully recovered from his long term injury, but need something better. £1.5m

Dyer - he did two good things (goal against Villa, and the cross for Vardy's goal against the Saints), but he also gave away two penalties. Do not renew loan.

Inler - so little game time, but his style isn't really suited to the way we want to play. £2.5m

Benalouane - difficult to analyse his abilities in view of his sparse appearances. Need someone better. £2.5m

King - sorry chaps, but whilst I admire what Andy has done and his loyalty to the club, he's not at the level that we are looking for. £2m.

Kramaric - a bit like Inler, not really suited to the pacy, counter attack game that has served us so well. £6m

Ulloa - has been useful in recent games with Vardy missing, but he's not Champions League material. £6m

That's a total of £23m to go into the transfer kitty.

Now that we are almost there in terms of winning the Premiership, and the Champions League awaits, we need to have a look at the current squad and have a view on who is likely to go. The key criterion is having the quality to compete at the higher echelons. We also need to recognise that selling players will also increase our budget for incoming players.

Here's my take:

Schwarezer - it goes without saying that we need a proper back up for Kasper.

De Laet - not good enough for the premiership, let alone the Champions League. £1.5m

Konchesky - contract expires at the end of June. Not to be renewed!

Wasilewski - a great contribution from the big man, but time to call it a day. Do not renew contract.

Moore - showed terrific potential at the start of last season. It hasn't quite worked out for him. £1.0m

James - difficult one, as we have yet to see whether he is fully recovered from his long term injury, but need something better. £1.5m

Dyer - he did two good things (goal against Villa, and the cross for Vardy's goal against the Saints), but he also gave away two penalties. Do not renew loan.

Inler - so little game time, but his style isn't really suited to the way we want to play. £2.5m

Benalouane - difficult to analyse his abilities in view of his sparse appearances. Need someone better. £2.5m

King - sorry chaps, but whilst I admire what Andy has done and his loyalty to the club, he's not at the level that we are looking for. £2m.

Kramaric - a bit like Inler, not really suited to the pacy, counter attack game that has served us so well. £6m

Ulloa - has been useful in recent games with Vardy missing, but he's not Champions League material. £6m

That's a total of £23m to go into the transfer kitty.

Disagree about King and Ulloa. With us competing on multiple fronts players like these will be invaluable in domestic cup matches and some prem games

Archived