Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Arsenal Post Match Thread 2 - 1

Congratulations.

You've posted 4 stills before Drinkwater even touches the ball.

Look at the first picture i've posted and tell me he's not hit the ball on the top. The ball is compressed into the ground ffs.

The last one is the moment of impact as from that point on the ball moves away from him in the video.

He doesn't hit the top of the ball, the ball is not compressed into the ground, it's just a ball on the ground. Google ball on grass and notice it doesn't look like a perfect sphere and that's in high quality images and not crap videos pixelated to death.

I don't agree with you, you don't agree with me... that's fine. Just move on, I'm bored and I'm sure as hell sure everyone else is.

Where do I think his legs going to go? In the same direction he aimed it in the first place, he's kicking a football not a brick wall. He badly timed the tackle, put his foot up and almost entirely missed the ball other than it clipping his heel on the way through. His leg as it should follows the path of the swing and straightens as he leaves the ground and locks it. The ball clips he heel and bounces off in another direction.

They ball doesn't get trapped under him, which could have caused him to roll over the top and change his direction (still a sending off offence).

What's mitigating for him, is that the tackle was aimed directly at the ball and Ramsey came across his line of attempted kick of the ball. But it was still high and dangerous (even if you want to think it changed his direction)

Wow, hadn't seen it from that angle. To claim that wasn't reckless and blame it on his foot brushing the ball is madness haha.

euTXGYP.png

3gzT6NN.png

Can't believe I've had to even go through that effort.

You can ignore it all you like Babs, but his foot has quite clearly bouced off the ball.

post-9839-0-44378400-1455634592_thumb.jp

It is the momentum of his swing, look at his leg before he hits the ball, it may have taken a slight nudge upwards, but that is nothing compared to the upward momentum  of his swinging leg.

Babs wins this one hands down

The last one is the moment of impact as from that point on the ball moves away from him in the video.

He doesn't hit the top of the ball, the ball is not compressed into the ground, it's just a ball on the ground. Google ball on grass and notice it doesn't look like a perfect sphere and that's in high quality images and not crap videos pixelated to death.

I don't agree with you, you don't agree with me... that's fine. Just move on, I'm bored and I'm sure as hell sure everyone else is.

The ball pops up because he hits the top of it, pushes it into the turf and the ball springs back up. 

The ball doesn't just magically start floating. If he hit the ball on the side then it would shoot off. 

I know you like an argument, but this is like arguing that white is black.

attachicon.gifDD Tackle.JPG

It is the momentum of his swing, look at his leg before he hits the ball, it may have taken a slight nudge upwards, but that is nothing compared to the upward momentum  of his swinging leg.

The stills you've posted are him getting into position.

Once his knee locks then that's it. He hits the ball and it bounces off it. That, i'm afraid, is undeniable.

The ball pops up because he hits the top of it, pushes it into the turf and the ball springs back up. 

The ball doesn't just magically start floating. If he hit the ball on the side then it would shoot off. 

I know you like an argument, but this is like arguing that white is black.

He hits the ball slightly above blooming centre... on the side.

Please just stop for the love of god.

If we keep going perhaps we can get Danny D a FA charge and 3 match ban, poor challenge and he had the good grace to apologise, Did Flamini and Giroud aplogise for their indiscretions at Bournemouth, DD had probably watched that game and thought those challenges were ok in Arsenal games. Heat of the moment and a poor tackle lets move on.

Q. Serious, has Arsene Wenger ever seen a poor challenge from an Arsenal player in his 20 odd years.

attachicon.gifDD Tackle.JPG

:cap:

The stills you've posted are him getting into position.

Once his knee locks then that's it. He hits the ball and it bounces off it. That, i'm afraid, is undeniable.

:D

Has anyone thought to look up the rules instead of getting into a physics debate

Playing in a dangerous manner - Playing in a dangerous manner is defined as any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player himself). It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury.

If a player plays in a dangerous manner in a “normal” challenge, the referee should not take any disciplinary action. If the action is made with obvious risk of injury, the referee should caution the player

Obviously you could deem it to be reckless and uncontrolled, therefore making it a sending off due to serious foul play. 

Wow, do none of you lot have anything better to do or talk about?  It was a bad challenge, was lucky not to see red, end of!  Whether there is intent or not is by the by, it is what it is, a bad tackle.

Had it been on one of our players we would be screaming blue murder that it should have been a red, not debating physics to defend the Arsenal player!  lol  lol  lol

Wow, do none of you lot have anything better to do or talk about?  It was a bad challenge, was lucky not to see red, end of!  Whether there is intent or not is by the by, it is what it is, a bad tackle.

Had it been on one of our players we would be screaming blue murder that it should have been a red, not debating physics to defend the Arsenal player!  lol  lol  lol

All I said was that Drinkwater's foot bounces off the ball which elevates his foot higher than intended. It's clumsy, out of control and dangerous so it's probably a red, just that he'd also be a bit unfortunate because he's not directly aimed at Ramsey's leg. 

The only trouble is that Babylon has an argument problem and happened to read my post.

Archived