Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Arsenal Post Match Thread 2 - 1

It's still two footed and into a players calf rather than the ball, it was a red card same way if you leave your foot high trying to control the ball and your foot goes into their chest, we we're lucky. 

Two-footed? I'll go back and have a look at that... I suggest you go and look at the angles again, because I don't want to go all Babylon on you, but it really, really isn't.

I take your point that it was dangerous, but he was entitled to go for that ball, and imho, it was not deliberate, whereas a high foot is always going to be a conscious decision.

I appreciate that v few will agree with my point about it not being a tackle, but I think this whole discussion was 'framed' by hyped up Arsenal fans.

In my opinion, the ref was bang on with this one. Credit where credit is due  :ph34r:

I actually think losing this may have been a blessing in disguise in hindsight. The week after the Man City win I saw nothing but Leicester City everywhere - papers, internet, TV. I have barely seen a thing about us this week which is how I like it. Just let us get on with it quietly and fvck the hype. I'm sure if we beat Norwich it will be back again.

Never a red card, it's also not a tackle.  Watching back on the link from AKCJ, Ramsey pulled out of a 50/50 which Drinky got to first.  You can see Ramsey slow down and bottle the challenge but put his leg straight into the challenge rather than jump or avoid.  I know it's probably a lot harder to do at the speed they were going at.  If Ramsey made a slide tackle like Drinky then he would've got to the ball and been less impact.  Still no justification for his Wolverine like recovery after 6 rolls on the floor.

I wish he had hurt him, at least all the moaning and comments from Arsenal fans would be justified.

I finally got to speak to my mate at work who is an Arsenal season ticket holder.  He got really angry and defensive saying we are cheats and divers but Arsenal players aren't.  Denies that their players always were waving imaginary cards and play acting.  His final shot was come back when you've won the league.

Wow... http://untold-arsenal.com/archives/50543

So by this author's reckoning, we should've had 3 red cards, no penalties, and they should've had 3 penalties. And Simpson should've been sent off earlier than he was. No bias there then...

Blimey, who has the time to do that? Some of the assumptions and interpretations in there are incredible, it is clearly not an ex-official  and the Arsenal bias is ridiculous, as is his over officious interpretation of the laws, if that person was the ref every game would finish with 4 red cards.

To accuse Mahrez of diving and saying there is no contact is clearly wrong, and everyone agrees that Vardy's was a penalty even most Arsenal fans I've spoken to, no mention of Coquelin shoving Mahrez when he was being substituted either. It is quite sad that someone has spent so much time creating something so mis-informed.

So by this author's reckoning, we should've had 3 red cards, no penalties, and they should've had 3 penalties. And Simpson should've been sent off earlier than he was. No bias there then...

just too keen.

I get that for some people football is their life but there is a point where it gets a bit ridiculous. Analysing every single thing a ref does in a 90min games is way past that point

This article just appeared on NewsNow. I read it with tears of laughter. Before last week I hadn't realised quite HOW deluded the Arselick fans are. Came onto this thread to see if it had been posted but beaten to it. Unbelievable. Cheating Leicester.....cheating Spurs lmao

I like how he penalises the ref twice for not booking Simpson early doors - once at the time of the incident and again later when the author agrees with the first yellow card against him but takes points off the ref for not sending him off.  He's basically a dickhead maths teacher who gives you no points for getting question 2 wrong even though your working out is clearly correct and the error was caused by the figure you took from question 1 where you did make a mistake.

Arsenal fans really are the worst.

Every club has them. Now, I don't live in the UK, but over here I would say that Man Utd fans are furthest up their behinds. I do get the impression that Arsenal fans think they're entitled to every success by virtue of supporting Arsenal though.

Every club has them. Now, I don't live in the UK, but over here I would say that Man Utd fans are furthest up their behinds. I do get the impression that Arsenal fans think they're entitled to every success by virtue of supporting Arsenal though.

There are two types of Arsenal fan

The Rupert what can afford to go and moans at everything. Literally everything.

The nerd what argues all day on Twitter and commonly cites statistics as the basis of his argument.

There's a small minority what remember when Arsenal were basically a top flight side with occasionally flashes of brilliance and that the Wenger era is essentially legendary.

Archived