Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Arsenal Post Match Thread 2 - 1

All I said was that Drinkwater's foot bounces off the ball which elevates his foot higher than intended. It's clumsy, out of control and dangerous so it's probably a red, just that he'd also be a bit unfortunate because he's not directly aimed at Ramsey's leg. 

The only trouble is that Babylon has an argument problem and happened to read my post.

Babylon has a problem with ridiculous posts... chat shit get babylon'd.

Babylon has a problem with ridiculous posts... chat shit get babylon'd.

Does Babylon Babylon himself?

:D

I'm getting reps for literally just posting a spam advert, I'm not actually giving away iPhones

:(

For what it's worth, I think we maybe should have gone 3-5-1 when Simpson went off, with Fuchs and Albrighton as wing backs.

All 3 have played well in that position and would have made us a bit more solid.

Just in this specific case, not for future games.

Disagree, it would end up being 5-3-1 and us conceding more midfield and us being camped on our 18 yard line.

4-4-1 was always the better tactic.

Not the loudest away this season, but it's not a ground built for atmosphere. Comparatively small allocation.

Our away support is shit.

Too many times I've looked around and no one is singing. It's embarrassing that we're top of the league and Vardy has to wave his arms up to get us going, 75% of our away support treat it like a night at the theatre and just want to sit back and be entertained. We're quite pathetic given our situation and won't help the lads being a 12th man.

When an object strikes another object at an angle that is above or below 82 degrees then said object will strike back with great vengeance and furious anger. This will cause object and said object to do opposite things to each other whilst also doing the same thing. In the same way that if one person digs a hole and another person sunbathes, it is exactly the same and yet completely different. Just put Gerard Depardieu and Sheena Easton in the same room and you will clearly understand this illogical but true rule of physics.

When an object strikes another object at an angle that is above or below 82 degrees then said object will strike back with great vengeance and furious anger. This will cause object and said object to do opposite things to each other whilst also doing the same thing. In the same way that if one person digs a hole and another person sunbathes, it is exactly the same and yet completely different. Just put Gerard Depardieu and Sheena Easton in the same room and you will clearly understand this illogical but true rule of physics.

I nearly spat out my tea reading that, thank you for clearing it all up, very much appreciated. I'm off for a lie down.

Arsenal celebrated like they had won the champions league,they barely managed to beat a 10 man Leicester. Their rolling around, imaginary card waving and constant whinging and whining was quite frankly embarrassing.

Leicester can take a lot of positives from that performance we would not have lost that match with a competent refs display lets face it he had a mare. The feeling of injustice our players will be feeling will help and I think we will win the league.

Our away support is shit.

Too many times I've looked around and no one is singing. It's embarrassing that we're top of the league and Vardy has to wave his arms up to get us going, 75% of our away support treat it like a night at the theatre and just want to sit back and be entertained. We're quite pathetic given our situation and won't help the lads being a 12th man.

I echo this. Then again we never seem all in time. One song was happening where I was stood while at the other end people were singing a different song. 'Reneiri's blue & white army' went on for a while though, which I liked, pleased to see it didn't die after about 25 seconds.

Like anyone on here would say that wasn't a red card if it had been one of ours tackled like that.

Not saying that it's not a red card. Although my opinion has changed about 82 times this week.

It's a red card for being clumsy, but I don't think it was intentional in the slightest.

it's not even a tackle, it's a missed kick of the ball with a planted leg, which is abruptly stopped by Ramsey's right leg. no foul, play on.

This... laughable how people are calling it a terrible tackle, when it was an attempted clearance, which went badly for Ramsey.

Ramsey hadn't touched the ball, it wasn't in any way under his control, it wasn't a tackle.

Ramsey was just late to the scene of the accident, and shouldn't be charging in like that. Arrive late, risk getting hurt. The awful ref saw it, and didn't even give a foul, I guess he had already 'evened things up'.

Wow, do none of you lot have anything better to do or talk about?  It was a bad challenge, was lucky not to see red, end of!  Whether there is intent or not is by the by, it is what it is, a bad tackle.

Had it been on one of our players we would be screaming blue murder that it should have been a red, not debating physics to defend the Arsenal player!  lol  lol  lol

Wasn't a tackle, it was an attempted clearance and Ramsey put himself at risk because he was late.

All I said was that Drinkwater's foot bounces off the ball which elevates his foot higher than intended. It's clumsy, out of control and dangerous so it's probably a red, just that he'd also be a bit unfortunate because he's not directly aimed at Ramsey's leg. 

The only trouble is that Babylon has an argument problem and happened to read my post.

Agree with you, the poor connection made it slightly higher than it would have been. My point is it wasn't a tackle, Ramsey never got anywhere near the ball because he was late.

Matt Elliott didn't think it was a red card, and his take is worth listening to. Check out the RL podcast.

Archived