Pinkman

Depression

I just took a personality-type test which measured ‚Äúnegative emotionality‚ÄĚ as a major trait comprised of anxiety, emotional volatility and depression.¬† I scored 67/100.¬† :(¬†¬†That surprised me, partly because I see myself as stable compared to many on the football forum.¬† So at least this place has been good for my self-image.¬† :ph34r:

For years I led a sizable organization, and above all else had to be a rock of stability.  Never show a crack, regardless of situation.  I now realize how much that took out of me -- despite what I was telling myself and the world, it didn’t come naturally.  I was fighting my inner self as well as outside stresses.

My point: I once needed and got help for major depression.  Yet I just scored fairly high for anxiety and volatility, but below the mean for depression.  Take that as an indication that the Black Dog can be beaten, even if you are vulnerable.  And please take that first step, or next step.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KingsX said:

I just took a personality-type test which measured ‚Äúnegative emotionality‚ÄĚ as a major trait comprised of anxiety, emotional volatility and depression.¬† I scored 67/100.¬† :(¬†¬†That surprised me, partly because I see myself as stable compared to many on the football forum.¬† So at least this place has been good for my self-image.¬† :ph34r:

For years I led a sizable organization, and above all else had to be a rock of stability.  Never show a crack, regardless of situation.  I now realize how much that took out of me -- despite what I was telling myself and the world, it didn’t come naturally.  I was fighting my inner self as well as outside stresses.

My point: I once needed and got help for major depression.  Yet I just scored fairly high for anxiety and volatility, but below the mean for depression.  Take that as an indication that the Black Dog can be beaten, even if you are vulnerable.  And please take that first step, or next step.

Reggie kray in his heyday is more stable than most on the main football forum to be fair.