Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fridgechef

International Champions Cup

As an exiled city fan in Stockholm I am over the ****ing moon about this announcement :-D Hit me up if you want to know where the cheap(er) beers are at!

Fookin hell, that's a stroke of luck. 

You're home team playing Barcelona a few bus stops away.  :D

Looks like I will be going to California in July.  That is so perfect.  Leicester vs PSG and Angels vs Red Sox.  That will be heaven for me.

Any other sports happening around that time, would love to go and take in a few different things.

Yeah, I got that feeling lol. You can almost imagine Birch eating alone because he's not allowed to sit with the others. I think there is some trick behind it, they're leading us into a false sense of security and pretending to be our friend, but then embarrassing us at the prom.

Sounds like the movie Carrie.  :D

I wonder if we'll end up killing everyone at the end of the prom?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrie_(1976_film)

Any other sports happening around that time, would love to go and take in a few different things.

Both the Dodgers and Angels are in town that weekend.  Angels for me, but I think most neutrals would prefer to go to see the Dodgers because of their history and ballpark.  For me, I would rather go see Mike Trout in center field for the Angels.

Looks like I will be going to California in July.  That is so perfect.  Leicester vs PSG and Angels vs Red Sox.  That will be heaven for me.

Whoa, I hadn't even checked that. I'm a Sox fan as well. I may have to add that to my trip!

Take the Shoreliner for that trip down, FYI! (Don't want to drive if you don't have to)

As much as I like the idea of Stockholm, I think I'll need to save the money for the champions league.

i was gonna say look how excited everyone is to play a european team in europe in PRE SEASON. 

this place is going to go nuts when people realise what the champions league is 

i was gonna say look how excited everyone is to play a european team in europe in PRE SEASON.

this place is going to go nuts when people realise what the champions league is

lol lol lol

Tbf we've been gagging for a European away pre season for years. Not surprised to see everyone frothing at the gash.

lol lol lol

Tbf we've been gagging for a European away pre season for years. Not surprised to see everyone frothing at the gash.

haha true and it does sound pretty cool. just thought it was quite funny that people are seeing this as some kinda once in a lifetime opportunity to go abroad and watch leicester play good teams. how is this forum gonna cope on the day of the champions league draw if this is the reaction for some pre season bullshit! 

Will be at the L.A. game after all. Cost be damned!

CLT --> LAX is 25k American miles RT or ~$500 RT. Pare that down with a travel card that has an early spending bonus (like Citi AA, COF Venture) and that helps with travel costs.

Match tickets themselves will be between $75 (nosebleeds) - $150 probably, my reference point based on past ICC matches in DC. In DC, the ushers were terrible with enforcing seats, so most people with nosebleeds snuck down anyway. Your call, you could probably pull it off.

And if I live in LA by then, I'll have a couch or guest room ready for ya!

CLT --> LAX is 25k American miles RT or ~$500 RT. Pare that down with a travel card that has an early spending bonus (like Citi AA, COF Venture) and that helps with travel costs.

Match tickets themselves will be between $75 (nosebleeds) - $150 probably, my reference point based on past ICC matches in DC. In DC, the ushers were terrible with enforcing seats, so most people with nosebleeds snuck down anyway. Your call, you could probably pull it off.

And if I live in LA by then, I'll have a couch or guest room ready for ya!

It's all very doable the more I think about it (and the travel card makes good sense - hadn't considered that) - what an opportunity.

Up the City! 

Archived