Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Prince...Dead...

He was all over the radio waves back in the 80ies, a man with whose music I grew up with.

A singing, swinging chameleon; highly versatile and influential, a soul-blender, a small-sized surprise package from Minnesota that formed the scene as he went along.

You could never pin him down to a particular style - he tried it all, be it with his voice range or by playing a wide range of instruments. Some may even rightfully call him the black David Bowie (with a little Little Richard inside).

Sad to hear these news - 2016 really is one of the worst years in terms of celebrity deaths in a long, long time.

All the best in heaven.

R.I.P., T.A.F.K.A.P.

Went to see him live last year he didn't seem to have aged one bit since the 80's, can't quite believe he's gone.

edit:Already reading on other forums how he was overrated?  overrated how?  They never explain that do they? just a throwaway comment by people who probably listen to coldplay.

Went to see him live last year he didn't seem to have aged one bit since the 80's, can't quite believe he's gone.

edit:Already reading on other forums how he was overrated? overrated how? They never explain that do they? just a throwaway comment by people who probably listen to coldplay.

People like Coldplay and voted for the nazis. You can't trust people purpleRAINie

Glad I'm not a celebrity, there's still two thirds of the year to go!

Do poets count as celebrities? Just seen this on FB and someone was talking about him in the Western last night. Never realised why. Somehow you realise you are getting old when all the celebs you grew up with start shedding their mortal coil.

There are stil some of my faves from the 60's left though.

Though not as influential as Bowie, music has lost another great talent.

Another who spent too much time at war with his record label.

A fantastic singer and song writer he wrote 2 of my favourites,

when doves cry and nothing compares to you.

Though not as influential as Bowie, music has lost another great talent.

Another who spent too much time at war with his record label.

A fantastic singer and song writer he wrote 2 of my favourites,

when doves cry and nothing compares to you.

Forgot he wrote them. Also made famous by other artists were they not?

Nothing compares to you was sung by Sinaed O Connor.

Think it was originally sung by The Family, one of Prince's side projects (not that he was actually on the group, he just put it together) and only appeared on an album, O'Conner made it famous though.

Think it was originally sung by The Family, one of Prince's side projects (not that he was actually on the group, he just put it together) and only appeared on an album, O'Conner made it famous though.

Yes use it was.

She did a good job of it though. Can't remember seeing or imagining Prince doing it. I always associate it with her. Good song though. He wrote a lot more than given credit for,

Really? It's very much in the style of his early stuff. Having said that, must be one of the best cover versions of all time.

On a side point, what is it that makes people rush out and buy someone's music when they die? It's not like there's a shelf life to it and it's suddenly going to disappear! You couldn't be bothered when they were alive, why now? I find it bizarre.

Also there has been much talk of 'we will finally get to hear the songs that he didn't want to release.' Well is that how much respect you have for the deceased, that as soon as they're gone, you go against their wishes. Again, the mind boggles!

Archived