Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

53 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I know we gave Liverpool a seeing to at home, but when you think that they utterly thrashed us at their place, and that away at Watford we had lost the game before people's seats were warm, we could have done soooooo much better this season.

On current form, we would have nothing to fear from Liverpool and we should beat Watford.

We lost away at Sunderland, Watford, Swansea and hull and drew 0-0 vs boro. Utter trash

Think Liverpool will slip out of the top-four, not sure about Man Utd considering their injury list.

Also believe Mazzarri, Puel and Moyes will all leave imo.

Pearson, maybe, to manage his old side Middlesbrough in the Championship.

I think it's becoming pretty clear now that Wenger signed the new contract some time ago, and they're just waiting for the best time to announce it PR-wise. I imagine if/when they don't make the top 4 then they'll wait for the cup final, so will be interesting to see the reaction if they lose that as well.

11 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Think Liverpool will slip out of the top-four, not sure about Man Utd considering their injury list.

Also believe Mazzarri, Puel and Moyes will all leave imo.

Pearson, maybe, to manage his old side Middlesbrough in the Championship.

Puel has got Southampton top 10, which is incredible considering they players they have sold over recent seasons. Their fans seem to think they are bigger than they are calling for him to be sacked. 

Southampton probably are where they were expected to be but their goal stats, especially at home, have taken a rapid decrease. They scored 37 and 39 in the past two seasons at home, 17 in 16 games this time.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

I think it's becoming pretty clear now that Wenger signed the new contract some time ago, and they're just waiting for the best time to announce it PR-wise. I imagine if/when they don't make the top 4 then they'll wait for the cup final, so will be interesting to see the reaction if they lose that as well.

Really?

I'm inclined to think the opposite. If he'd signed it weeks ago they really don't stand to gain anything by waiting to announce it. Even if they do win the FA cup, it won't make a shred of difference to everyone who wants him out because the biggest sticking point is finishing in the top but perpetually failing to challenge for the title. Likewise even if they do finish top 4, I can't see that changing many minds.

To me it makes more sense that they avoid telling people he's leaving because if they did, it may well end up affecting the squad (Not that they aren't shit atm anyway, but still). Man City got worse after Pellegrini said he was leaving last year. I know that doesn't mean Arsenal will but that's how I see it.

Looks like Costa has already signed an agreement with a Chinese club. 90 million euros and 30€ million a year for Costa or something. 

Chelsea is basically being funded by Chinese transfers at this point

Man Utd had an offer of 2.0045 Slimanis rejected trying to buy Mbappé then. How are Utd even making a vague profit spending so much on Marial, Pogba and then possibly Mbappé? Potentially 200m+ on the semi finals, maybe finals of the Europa league and then a Champions League place next season? It seems a lot even for the money in football.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Man Utd had an offer of 2.0045 Slimanis rejected trying to buy Mbappé then. How are Utd even making a vague profit spending so much on Marial, Pogba and then possibly Mbappé? Potentially 200m+ on the semi finals, maybe finals of the Europa league and then a Champions League place next season? It seems a lot even for the money in football.

Manchester United generated the most revenue of any football club in the world last season, according to a report published by Deloitte.

United dethrone Real Madrid - who held top spot for 11 years - after accumulating a record revenue of 689m euros (£515m) during the 2015-16 term.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38655480

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Merchandise...

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

The transfers fees can be paid over the course of the players contract so Pogbas fee can be declared as being paid over 5 years 

23 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

The transfers fees can be paid over the course of the players contract so Pogbas fee can be declared as being paid over 5 years 

The total fee has to be included in the accounts for the year as it is a commitment that has to be fulfilled. It doesn't have to be paid in one go but the fee does go in that years accounts. United are making a profit as their annual turnover is something like 500 million ??

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

The total fee has to be included in the accounts for the year as it is a commitment that has to be fulfilled. It doesn't have to be paid in one go but the fee does go in that years accounts. United are making a profit as their annual turnover is something like 500 million ??

True Players would have a "book value" but even if Man Utd paid the full amount of £89 million for Pogba up front due to the Break Even test it would only appear on the financial records as £17.8 million per year due to him having a 5 year contract 

Archived