Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Official Chelsea AWAY Match Day Thread

Assuming we even got them to start with. Amazes me people can't understand that Okazakis play in integral to how we operate.

You mean the part where we take him off to win the game. Because "tireing out the opponent" is supposed to be good enough?

You mean the part where we take him off to win the game. Because "tireing out the opponent" is supposed to be good enough?

I mean the part where his movement opens up all sorts of space for Mahrez and Vardy to operate in. I've linked to the guardian write up of him post West Ham, but because people still can't think beyond "striker doesn't score goals therefore is shit" (you'd have thought after having Heskey come through we'd understand what strikers can do beyond goals, and after having Yakubu we'd understand goals aren't everything), here it is again: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/apr/17/shinji-okazaki-tireless-leicester-intelligence

and one of the first comments: 

His movement is fantastic. What sums him up is the wonder-goal that Mahrez thumped in against City earlier this year. That goal only happens because Okazaki makes up 30 yards to provide an overlap, Demechelis thinks Mahrez is going to lay it off naturally. Good movement like that is as good as an assist.

This has been happening all season, just as you've spent too long bogged down in stats to try and argue that Ulloa is better, when just watching the games has been enough to show that's not the case.

I mean the part where his movement opens up all sorts of space for Mahrez and Vardy to operate in. I've linked to the guardian write up of him post West Ham, but because people still can't think beyond "striker doesn't score goals therefore is shit" (you'd have thought after having Heskey come through we'd understand what strikers can do beyond goals, and after having Yakubu we'd understand goals aren't everything), here it is again: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/apr/17/shinji-okazaki-tireless-leicester-intelligence

and one of the first comments:

This has been happening all season, just as you've spent too long bogged down in stats to try and argue that Ulloa is better, when just watching the games has been enough to show that's not the case.

Post of the year! Bravo sir

Archived