Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy Euro 2016 Thread

People saying prefer Vardy on the bench than on the wing, personally I think he should be starting.

I know it's a close call between him and Kane as the CF but I think Vardy offers more to the team rather than one man team Kane. Club season you can't really split them in terms of contribution but going into the euros Vardy is the more in form striker out of everyone

yeah he should be starting up front but the fact is he's no going to start up front. so it's better to have him on the bench than on the left wing. he's rubbish on the wing so it's detrimental to him and to the team. 

Wow. - full of conspiracy theories. You think that if we signed joe hart, Chris smalling or Eric dier, they wouldn't get in the England team ?

Have a word!

Conspiracy lol

Youve basically mentioned established squad members, a player forcing there way into the national side - Drinkwater, Albrighton, Noble, Shawcross, Defoe will always get overlooked by players apart of favoured teams - you can't tell me that Wilshere, Delph, Rashford, Henderson, Rooney, Milner would get favoured if they wasn't with another team.

As mentioned before, fringe players that have got game time with the national side who wasn't breaking through into their club teams (EG Townsend) now gets overlooked now his moved away but had a solid finish to the season.

Gray wasn't even considered for the England team same as Rashford wouldn't of been either - Walcott as another example back in 2006.

yeah he should be starting up front but the fact is he's no going to start up front. so it's better to have him on the bench than on the left wing. he's rubbish on the wing so it's detrimental to him and to the team.

No I agree. It's pointless putting him on the wing so might aswell be on the bench - I know his always going to get over looked as CF, just frustrating.

He's gonna be subbed for Lasagna when, surprise surprise, it's the 60th minute and it's 0-0

Haha haha lasagna. Phone auto corrected from Lallana

He's gonna be subbed for Lasagna when, surprise surprise, it's the 60th minute and it's 0-0

Haha haha lasagna. Phone auto corrected from Lallana

lasagna would be more useful.

well done phone.

Vardy was set up to fail in the last match.  Rooney occupied his space in the middle and no one gave him a decent pass.  Nine touches in 65 minutes so they can drop him and keep Rooney in the team.

Your reply had me thinking.....

I wonder if Vardy has told hodgson he's interested in Arsenal to try and get in the team, knowing his chances are less if he stays? But all the time wanting to remain at Leicester? 

Think about it, and from what we've both said, it does make sense!

Townsend, Defoe, Drinkwater and even Albrighton have far better claims to the team than Henderson, Wilshire, Rashford and Rooney, plus they would give the team a far better balance........oh, I forgot, none of them play for Arsenal, Chelski, Man Ure, or spuds!!

I don't think Vardy's had anything said to him by Hodgson about the transfer, but I do think there's a lot of bias towards players simply for who they play for. They couldn't wait to drop Drinkwater and they couldn't wait to put Rashford in.

Guest ttfn

Wow. - full of conspiracy theories. You think that if we signed joe hart, Chris smalling or Eric dier, they wouldn't get in the England team ?

Have a word!

Joe Hart, Chris Smalling and Eric Dier are the best players in their positions.

I think if we signed Danny Rose, Gary Cahill, Kyle Walker, Raheem Sterling or Adam Lallana then they'd struggle to make the squad let alone the first XI.

Fancy having two of the four or five most important players for the champions (by 10 points ffs) of one of the top 5 leagues in Europe, actively going out of your way to pick a 5th (18 year old) striker at the expense of a midfield player when you're only going to play 1 up front anyway and leaving the other, main man out after he'd scored 3 in his last 4 for you and 24 for the season.

I might understand if Hodgson had picked a squad capable of playing with 2 wingers but the only two players he's picked who play semi-regularly on the wing are going to start wide tomorrow and even then both have played their best football centrally.

Either he fvcked up his squad selection or he's fvcked up tactically. What happens if Sterling or Lallana get injured? Back to Vardy on the wing?

If the Portugal game went how Roy imagined he'd be playing his version of the diamond but because it didn't he's going back to what he knows best.

Seen Ray Wilkins on SSN earlier explaining how he'd use the diamond but explained how it should be used properly. Not like the way Roy used it.

Not surprisingly on the bench as England revert to 4-3-3

Anyone who has a problem with that surely doesn't appreciate that lallana and sterling are wide players and Jamie isn't. Room for one up top and that's Kane, not vardy.

I have a feeling that Harry isn't as fit as he might be and Jamie will be on second half to relieve him.

Loved the Wales win and performance..

Come on Russia!

..want England out and Hodgson gone.. It's our only way forward.

Woy is a complete and utter c***!!

Come on Russia!

Woy is a complete and utter moron.

Come on Russia!

Woy is a complete and utter c***!!

Come on Russia!

Woy is a complete and utter moron.

Mmm bit stupid that, I'm can't stand woy, and not got the heart in England like I do city, but come on loving Wales, and wanting Russia to beat England?? Come on mate!! Unless your Welsh Scottish or roi

... Never forgiven Hoddle for his disgusting disabled comments ... ' being punished for a former life' ... such a disgraceful outlook and yet he still gets 'rewarded' by these plum paying commentary jobs, which quite frankly he is so blankly poor at that when coupled with his biased, prejudiced commentary makes silence more preferable for me!

Mmm bit stupid that, I'm can't stand woy, and not got the heart in England like I do city, but come on loving Wales, and wanting Russia to beat England?? Come on mate!! Unless your Welsh Scottish or roi

Mother was Welsh and I lived there when I was young so have a loyalty to them.. And the Wales team seem like the Leicester city of international football!!...

Archived